• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Thoughts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was going to make this about my thoughts but I thought that'd be a bit self serving. Honestly, I just had a lot to say but didn't want to take up all the space on a thread but why not make a thing of it. Anyway, if you have analytical, sentimental or philosophical thoughts on the game thus far let us know. Me first.

So, I said before that I was really hoping for a dedicated dodge button, and I still do, but it seems to be missing this time around. If this is anything like the other games, aside from a few details, this is the finalized version of the game's combat, so one of the items on my wish list I didn't get to scratch off. The other one was that I wanted Dante and Nero to get new combos. Dante's pretty much had the same set since DMC3 and I wanted a whole new set of combos to learn. I got tired of using the same ones for the last 3 games ages ago. Even DmC's little variation can only do so much to keep the repetition away.

I don't like the new orbs. I'm not crazy about the shattered glass motif for the menu and the UI in general. Those insectords don't do anything, they just walk around, pretty much cannon fodder, and they look more alien than demonic. I still don't like Nico. I don't like how things dissolve into particles, it's not an interesting effect to me. The Sin Scissors' mask is plain, wassup with dat? Dante still doesn't look right to me. I think the hair is making his head look huge. And Goliath doesn't really look impressive to me, not like Phantom, Berial, and Cerberus did, though that stomach mouth and all its eyes are giving me some serious Berserk vibes (and while we're at it, that laser boss is seriously giving me some Automata vibes, too). That's pretty much all the things I didn't like or I'm not crazy about.

On the other hand, I kinda wish that when Nero ran out of arms he'd become faster, more agile. A limb is a very heavy thing, even when made of flesh and bone. 2 or 4 metallic ones have to be huge load. I read a chapter off of Blade of the Immortal where the lead was losing to this rather fast assassin chick, lost both arms and most of his swords, but after that she couldn't score a hit. He explained that losing both limbs and all his swords made him a hell of a lot lighter, thus he could move much facter then her now. In that same fashion I'd like for Nero to gain mobility when his arms are gone.

One of the things I can scratch off my list is that the new snatch gives you the option to go to or bring enemies to you. It's not confirmed but I did see it happen a few times so I'm hoping it wasn't a matter of just in that instant. I do wish Nero could grab things and throw them, like cars but nobody's done it so far.

I don't know how I feel about the total score screen. It's a cool effect but it's more murder mystery than stylish action horror. I guess DMC dropped the horror part long ago but I still get the wrong vibe from that effect.

I get why people are comparing the environmental movement to DmC but I don't find that to be an accurate comparison. DmC's was more like an Inception effect. Things would explode, shatter violently, then slow down mid explosion. In DmC it was like that but then the fragments would rearrange themselves or vanish. Here they just violently shift like an earthquake, there is no stylised effect. They both have an occasional black goo effect but that's about it. If it's a DmC reference that' great and all but I don't see it to be exact same effect.

I'd also like to get some survivors every now and then. Why are games so obsessed with mass killings and the inability to save people. I get the city killing, to raise the stakes, but every now and then I'd like to be able to save one or two people and maybe even talk to them.

The font for the game reminds me of a rock/heavy metal font, which is neither good nor bad, just there.

I like the destructible environments, I like the enemy design of some of the demons and how they're call backs to the other games (by the way, Caina is a circle in Hell, Treachery), and I like the overall presentation. I like how the DevBrkr is basically giving Nero his own styles. I like the feel of the game, even if it looks like DmC more than any of the DMC games. I like the motorcycle/chainsaw effect, reminds me a bit of the B2 chainsaw and I like how the game looks top notch, like Capcom is taking this one seriously.

I think the game looks gorgeous, but that's no surprise, look at that thing. It looks smooth and responsive, and even if the 'realistic' approach means you can't jump very high now it still looks like a solid game. Still, the way the game has some old things implemented on the new, like the same moveset or having dodge maped to 3 inputs, again, doesn't rub off on me right. I get the feeling that the game is also just a polished up version of DMC4 and that was not my favorite game so it really doesn't make me happy. I don't want it to be a DmC game either but I was hoping for more than just the same old with new timing. Basically, I like what I see but I have concerns that this not moving on from the things it already did, that it's got more old than new in it. Granted, Bayonetta 2 had a lot of the old but most of the old combos now have new animations, actions and some have even been restructured to add an entire new move or two to that combo.

Despite all my concerns I'm still excited, there is no use trying to fool anyone at the mere prospect that I'm anything but, I just hopped for a bit more restructuring, that they'd build an entirely new game with new everything. I had similar issues with DMC4 and DmC. Where DMC3 still had a lot of the mechanics of DMC2 it did entirely new things with it. There is still too much of DMC3, 4 and DmC in the gameplay for me to not be at least a bit let down, even though I'm still getting this day 1.

Anyway, let us all know your impressions, thoughts, fears, hopes, grades (if you have them), and if you got time you can talk about the game, too.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
So, I said before that I was really hoping for a dedicated dodge button, and I still do, but it seems to be missing this time around. If this is anything like the other games, aside from a few details, this is the finalized version of the game's combat, so one of the items on my wish list I didn't get to scratch off.
As I said in another thread, I agree. I love the dash button in DMC3, and I use it to escape projectiles. It makes for excellent gameplay strategies - for example, when you fight Angi and Rundra, your job is to multitask them both. (Yes, they are easy once you figure out their patterns, but what I mean is...) In this battle, you try to escape their hardest attacks which if I remember correctly, they take at least 30% to 40% of your health by charging and hitting you spot on, so you dash out of the way and stay in the air by shooting or air dash. Or that vampire b*** you fight in the caverns - you do a lot of jumping to escape her electric shocks. It gets worse by the end of her battle when she runs to you and tries to suck you dry. I'm more worried about fights like the Vampire lady than Angi and Rundra, but I like the mechanic because it feels - I don't know ...badass? It just feels right.
The other one was that I wanted Dante and Nero to get new combos. Dante's pretty much had the same set since DMC3 and I wanted a whole new set of combos to learn. I got tired of using the same ones for the last 3 games ages ago. Even DmC's little variation can only do so much to keep the repetition away.
I also agree. I think we're getting that with DMC5.
I don't like the new orbs. I'm not crazy about the shattered glass motif for the menu and the UI in general. Those insectords don't do anything, they just walk around, pretty much cannon fodder, and they look more alien than demonic.
I disagree. I love the little touches here and there. Especially the glass menu thing(s). I think the orb design was supposed to be designed to be in line with the whole design when you break it off of the "vending" orbs you find laying around (like the ones that the guy missed in the DMC5 demo).
I still don't like Nico.
Why? She's cute! :woot:
I don't like how things dissolve into particles, it's not an interesting effect to me.
Awe. :frown: Special effects are cool, man.
The Sin Scissors' mask is plain, wassup with dat?
I think they're remodeled designs of the Sin Scissors from DMC3. Not perfect, but also not bad.
And Goliath doesn't really look impressive to me, not like Phantom, Berial, and Cerberus did, though that stomach mouth and all its eyes are giving me some serious Berserk vibes (and while we're at it, that laser boss is seriously giving me some Automata vibes, too). That's pretty much all the things I didn't like or I'm not crazy about.
Just remember, this is an early boss. They said this (demo) is the second mission in the game.
On the other hand, I kinda wish that when Nero ran out of arms he'd become faster, more agile. A limb is a very heavy thing, even when made of flesh and bone. 2 or 4 metallic ones have to be huge load. I read a chapter off of Blade of the Immortal where the lead was losing to this rather fast assassin chick, lost both arms and most of his swords, but after that she couldn't score a hit. He explained that losing both limbs and all his swords made him a hell of a lot lighter, thus he could move much facter then her now. In that same fashion I'd like for Nero to gain mobility when his arms are gone.
I think that's the point of this "change." They said you can fight without the prosthetic arm. Yup.
One of the things I can scratch off my list is that the new snatch gives you the option to go to or bring enemies to you. It's not confirmed but I did see it happen a few times so I'm hoping it wasn't a matter of just in that instant. I do wish Nero could grab things and throw them, like cars but nobody's done it so far.
I think that's the plan with the game. You already see some instances where the prosthetic arm allows you throw stuff around.
I don't know how I feel about the total score screen. It's a cool effect but it's more murder mystery than stylish action horror. I guess DMC dropped the horror part long ago but I still get the wrong vibe from that effect.
No, that screen fits DMC. It looks soo cool, I love the animation in there, too. :D
I'd also like to get some survivors every now and then. Why are games so obsessed with mass killings and the inability to save people. I get the city killing, to raise the stakes, but every now and then I'd like to be able to save one or two people and maybe even talk to them.
If anything, DMC/DmC has always been about saving the world, thing is, in DMC5... almost everyone died thanks to the "world tree." I would think there is some survivor left, but you find them later in the game.
The font for the game reminds me of a rock/heavy metal font, which is neither good nor bad, just there.
That also fits the series, as well. I don't like the fonts to be honest, but it fits the series theme. I'd rather have the old Stylish iconography, the old health bar. They can keep the current UI designs and retain the old style meters, but they chose to go a different route.
I like the destructible environments, I like the enemy design of some of the demons and how they're call backs to the other games (by the way, Caina is a circle in Hell, Treachery), and I like the overall presentation. I like how the DevBrkr is basically giving Nero his own styles. I like the feel of the game, even if it looks like DmC more than any of the DMC games. I like the motorcycle/chainsaw effect, reminds me a bit of the B2 chainsaw and I like how the game looks top notch, like Capcom is taking this one seriously.
Agreed on all parts here. :D
I think the game looks gorgeous, but that's no surprise, look at that thing. It looks smooth and responsive, and even if the 'realistic' approach means you can't jump very high now it still looks like a solid game. Still, the way the game has some old things implemented on the new, like the same moveset or having dodge maped to 3 inputs, again, doesn't rub off on me right. I get the feeling that the game is also just a polished up version of DMC4 and that was not my favorite game so it really doesn't make me happy. I don't want it to be a DmC game either but I was hoping for more than just the same old with new timing. Basically, I like what I see but I have concerns that this not moving on from the things it already did, that it's got more old than new in it. Granted, Bayonetta 2 had a lot of the old but most of the old combos now have new animations, actions and some have even been restructured to add an entire new move or two to that combo.
Agreed too, especially bolded.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
From what I saw, I was pretty satisfied.

I no longer hate Nico, but I don't like her either, she's just a "meh" character for me at the moment.

I like that the Lock On Dodge is back as I never used Trickster or Royal Guard in the games, they just never clicked for me as I was often on the offense so I'm glad to see it back.

I do like how Nero's gun attack seems to be more of a limited attack that has some impact now rather than a weak constant stream of bullets that barely do anything, wonder how Ebony and Ivory will take that.

I really liked the "stages" of the boss battle how they were integrated seamlessly into the battle itself and didn't require the use of cutscenes.

I'm not a fan of the "glass" parts of the hud, they tend to take up too much of the screen for me.

LOVE the dynamic music!

Really dig the slow mo shots on the final kills.

I have mixed feelings on the Devil Breaker, I'll wait till I actually play with it before I give a verdict.

Still wanna know where the hell Rebellion is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Did it bother anyone else that that ‘yeah! Woo!’ At the end of the trailer was the exact same one from the first trailer?

I really liked the "stages" of the boss battle how they were integrated seamlessly into the battle itself and didn't require the use of cutscenes
They seem to be triggered when the boss’ health reaches a certain point but I think it might’ve been more organic if it happened by meeting certain requirements. For example, you won’t fall into that church if you keep Goliath from slamming the ground 4 or 5 times, or having the ability to take the fight from the roof to the street without going indoors.

Still wanna know where the hell Rebellion is.
I posted an image of it from CU on the me media thread.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly I still fail to see anything DmC like about this game. Many demons looking like updated versions of older demons. That fight in library was really sweet looking, btw. If anything this game really reminds me of later parts of DMC2 and partially DMC1, where demon world started to sap out of the gate and twist normal world. I think UI design is generally a-ok. Could have been better. But than again luckily it's not terrible. I don't like Nero's haircut, but generally like his character. His mechanical arm looks somewhat thin in my opinion and I would have preferred something bigger like one in MGS. I can't say much on Nico, since I want to see her in the game fist. I really like that they retunred to "weighty" combat compared to DmC. DmC felt very floaty, with big emphasis on staying in the air or launching enemies. In this one it seems that every punch and move has weight, and character has real physicall mass. Dante's motorcycle weapon is hilaious xD Oh and before I forget, I think environment looks really good. I like how they ditched all this gritty dumpster streets in DmC for more classic, old city feeling. Also many places remind me of DMC1. For example that room with a painting. So far 10/10 for me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I wouldn't worry about the passiveness of enemies tbh. Demos notoriously keep their difficulty to a minimum because of time reasons. And even then, the grim reaper guys actually blocked some of Nero's attacks sometimes. I'm sure the enemies will be more dangerous than that in the full game.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Demos notoriously keep their difficulty to a minimum because of time reasons
Yeah, that is true. Though personally I would adjust it or give the option of easy or hard. With the rise of popularity on difficult but fair games, like the Souls titles, I'd give the option. If not for the convention circuit then at least for the public release whenever that is.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
difficult but fair games, like the Souls titles

Personally I wouldn't call the Souls games fair, to me they're just a-holes of a game and rather glitchy and that's where most of the difficulty comes from but that's a whole different can of worms to open.

But a public demo should have the option to play on a harder difficulty. Usually public demos are much more of extracts of the final products than convention demos are, which are, more often than not, specially built with hardcoded limitations and differ in their code from what's gonna be in the final game. In this case specifically, Matt himself said that they intentionally locked some features off for the demo that most people are playing at the event.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Never forget:
We don't want DMCV being labeled "abolist" or something xD
That's another one of those SJW subjects. Yup, in fact, "AlphaOmegaSin" responded to that same feedback, mocking it.

Cuphead wasn't "ableist," it was a goddamn hard game from what I heard.

(Swearing warning ahead. You have been warned. NSFW. NSFW, damnit. Don't get mad at me, because I did warn you.)

(Last chance!)

(The actual video is deleted, so this is the second best.)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's another one of those SJW subjects. Yup, in fact, "AlphaOmegaSin" responded to that same feedback, mocking it.

Cuphead wasn't "ableist," it was a goddamn hard game from what I heard.
I know, I know. But it also proves one thing. Most game journalist are usually not gamer. They can only play easiest kind of games and that's why companies gave away on presenting difficult games. When Dark Souls 3 demo came, there were whining about it being to hard and needing "easy mode". When Cuphead came it was called "to hard". I doubt Capcom wanted same treatment.
Also sorry, I watched this video you linked, but it pretty much throws articles like this under the carpet, so it's not that "fake" as this video makes it out to be.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Still, the way the game has some old things implemented on the new, like the same moveset or having dodge maped to 3 inputs, again, doesn't rub off on me right.
10 years later, Japanese developers still can't progress from their comfort zone.
They can, little by little but it's still a long process.
Remember how Capcom still thought "stand still and shoot" was supposed to be acceptable back in 2009.

The R1 + sides + X to dodge is the biggest disappointment for me.
When the camera or enemy moves slightly as you input it, you may either do jumps/back-flips instead.
Or you wanna jump back while locked-on but you did a roll instead.
Excruciatingly Japanese.

On the other hand, it seems run + lock-on is confirmed.
They did learn something from their collaboration with Ninja Theory.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I know, I know. But it also proves one thing. Most game journalist are usually not gamer. They can only play easiest kind of games and that's why companies gave away on presenting difficult games. When Dark Souls 3 demo came, there were whining about it being to hard and needing "easy mode". When Cuphead came it was called "to hard". I doubt Capcom wanted same treatment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also sorry, I watched this video you linked, but it pretty much throws articles like this under the carpet, so it's not that "fake" as this video makes it out to be.
There was a different outrage going on. The SJW outrage was calling the game "ableist." (You mispelled it as "abolist," lol.)
Ableism (/ˈeɪbəlɪzəm/; also known as ablism, disablism (Brit. English), anapirophobia, anapirism, and disability discrimination) is discrimination and social prejudice against people with disabilities. Ableism characterizes persons as defined by their disabilities and as inferior to the non-disabled.
SJW's coined a new word: Ableist, which is acronym of Ableism and 'ist" (like sexist, racist, marxist, etc.), so basically, they're calling the game ableist because it's hard. It's calling you stupid. But hard games has been there since the beginning of the game industry. In other words, if Ninja Gaiden was released in today's marketplace, it would be called "ableist," which is stupid. The whole charm of Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Dark Souls, is the difficulty. But SJW's were trying to do the "talking" for other social "injustices." Which is bull$***! *sigh*

Now, as for linked; journalists has always sucked at video games. So, the representation of how hard Cuphead, or how good Cuphead is marred only by their stupidity. It's not how you sell the game, you end up doing the opposite. For example, Dean Takashi, the Senor Editor at GamesBeat, recorded a video about Cuphead, and he was trying to "play the game" but fails at it. Video embedded below...

Players laughed, mocked it, and I would have too.. Because I wouldn't play like that... Oh no.

This one shows how ridiculous Dean was...

That's just a kid!

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There was a different outrage going on. The SJW outrage was calling the game "ableist." (You mispelled it as "abolist," lol.)

SJW's coined a new word: Ableist, which is acronym of Ableism and 'ist" (like sexist, racist, marxist, etc.), so basically, they're calling the game ableist because it's hard.
I know, I just didn't bothered to check how write this crap, because it's goddamn dumb.
Now, as for linked; journalists has always sucked at video games. So, the representation of how hard Cuphead, or how good Cuphead is marred only by their stupidity. It's not how you sell the game, you end up doing the opposite.
I know. It's sheer absurdity. But because of people like this "journalist", many studios don't bother with harder demos anymore.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I know, I just didn't bothered to check how write this crap, because it's goddamn dumb.
I agree. I just want everyone to be on the same page, because this is beyond stupid. I enjoy hard games, it's why I play Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and yes, Cuphead. If those developers brought it to PS4, I'd buy it, pronto.
I know. It's sheer absurdity. But because of people like this "journalist", many studios don't bother with harder demos anymore.
Oh, they will. They just need to select the correct news outlet to do a stream, review, and whatnot.

Goldsickle

DMCV seems to be using a scoring system that is almost similar to Bayonetta's "verse" format.
The results screen will show Stylish Points tallies for specific scripted battles in the chapter.

DarkSlayer54

I have a lot of concerns, since I really dislike both DMC3 and DMC4. Not a good track record for me. To be fair, I enjoyed DMC3 when it first came out, so that can be chalked up to the mechanics just being outdated for my taste.

Not fond of Dante's look or personality. If they ultimately retcon DMC2's personality, and never morph into DMC1's personality... I'll be pretty disappointed. The last thing I want, is for Dante to feel like a character with zero history.

Gameplay wise, my biggest concern is whether or not they removed the accessible air combat from DmC. DmC did it right, and allowed casual play to integrate a nice balance between aerial and ground combat. That's what makes DMC stand out, aside from the stylish combat.

I also found the Sin Scissors to have pretty disappointing masks. It looks uninspired for me. Pretty excited to see them again - I loved them in DMC1, even though there was zero depth to them. Something about 1-shoting them was always satisfying for me, I could never get tired of it. On that note, I hope critical hits are back. If I can't 1-shot the Sin Scissors in this one, that'll be disappointing as well.

Glad parrying is back in some form, but I want to know more about it. I want most attacks to allow for parrying, and I'd want sword attacks to allow for parrying (trailer didn't make it clear).

I hope the style system is gone. I never want to see that system again.

I hope items and orb caches actually respawn after every playthrough. Allow me to horde items, even if I never use them. Allow me to go beyond the limit by picking them up.

Above all, I want the game to actually have some replay value. DMC4 has virtually none for me. If I can't play the story from beginning to end, with a single character... then that's an issue for me. By all means, have that initial playthrough change it up, but afterwards? Let me just play with the characters that I enjoy.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
To be fair, I enjoyed DMC3 when it first came out, so that can be chalked up to the mechanics just being outdated for my taste.
It's not. I'll explain later.
Not fond of Dante's look or personality. If they ultimately retcon DMC2's personality, and never morph into DMC1's personality... I'll be pretty disappointed. The last thing I want, is for Dante to feel like a character with zero history.
That's why he has the beard, and a little bit of a longer hair. Capcom wants you to know (ahem; understand that...) this game takes place right after DMC2/4. So, your concern is put to rest. It should be gone.
Gameplay wise, my biggest concern is whether or not they removed the accessible air combat from DmC. DmC did it right, and allowed casual play to integrate a nice balance between aerial and ground combat. That's what makes DMC stand out, aside from the stylish combat.
I disagree. I found DmC's (I meant the reboot here) aerial combat to be slow and clunky. DMC3's aerial combat was robust. You can combine jump, double jump, then air dash, attacks, and yes, even cancel. That's why I love the combat system in DMC3 than DmC (reboot). DMC4 kind-of took all of that away from Dante, but added it to Nero because of the Devil Bringer. For me, Dante in DMC4 felt a little weird.

DMC1 is the one that's supposed to be where you're supposed to say "mechanics being outdated" because of the actual controls. Feels archaic by DMC3's standards.
I also found the Sin Scissors to have pretty disappointing masks. It looks uninspired for me. Pretty excited to see them again - I loved them in DMC1, even though there was zero depth to them. Something about 1-shoting them was always satisfying for me, I could never get tired of it. On that note, I hope critical hits are back. If I can't 1-shot the Sin Scissors in this one, that'll be disappointing as well.
It'll be back.
I hope the style system is gone. I never want to see that system again.
Which one? DMC3? DmC? If DmC (reboot), I'm torn by two sides. I like it, but then I don't like it because of the delay. If the style system is back, please make it completely responsive.
I hope items and orb caches actually respawn after every playthrough. Allow me to horde items, even if I never use them. Allow me to go beyond the limit by picking them up.
DMC3 didn't allow it. DmC didn't allow it. I ...think the same for DMC4. The only time the items "respawn" is through secret missions. Sooo, I doubt DMC5 will allow it.
Above all, I want the game to actually have some replay value. DMC4 has virtually none for me. If I can't play the story from beginning to end, with a single character... then that's an issue for me. By all means, have that initial playthrough change it up, but afterwards? Let me just play with the characters that I enjoy.
I want the game to have replay value, too. It's one thing that bothered me about DMC4.

DarkSlayer54

That's why he has the beard, and a little bit of a longer hair. Capcom wants you to know (ahem; understand that...) this game takes place right after DMC2/4. So, your concern is put to rest. It should be gone.

It's too early to tell, but... if his attitude is exactly the same as DMC4, then that wouldn't fly with me. That is, if it takes place a considerable amount of time after DMC4. I really want to see him show more of his DMC1 personality, or shift into his DMC2 personality... although, they could do a far better job at making him seem broken without being silent. I'd want that character arc to him.

I disagree. I found DmC's (I meant the reboot here) aerial combat to be slow and clunky. DMC3's aerial combat was robust. You can combine jump, double jump, then air dash, attacks, and yes, even cancel. That's why I love the combat system in DMC3 than DmC (reboot). DMC4 kind-of took all of that away from Dante, but added it to Nero because of the Devil Bringer. For me, Dante in DMC4 felt a little weird.
That's not quite what I was getting at. DmC introduced far more aerial combos that can be easily chained together and pulled off, without ever needing enemy step. Having it be quick and fluid wouldn't necessarily make it any less accessible, at least... not in my opinion. I think it's mostly to do with just having the right tools available for casuals like me to pull it off, such as having aerial attacks that will naturally just keep you in the air, as long as you correctly chain it with other aerial attacks.

I could bring up angel pull as well, but even that wasn't needed to stay in the air. That was more about going from one airborne enemy to another, without having to touch the ground. Ultimately, I could perform both with around the same level of difficulty. Staying in the air was naturally harder, but not by much. It allowed me to blend the two naturally - it was a ton of fun as a result. Angel pull definitely helped, though... I'd want to see that return for all characters as well, in some shape or form (eg. Trickster), including the ability to use it to knock enemies higher in the air with the right timing.

Which one? DMC3? DmC? If DmC (reboot), I'm torn by two sides. I like it, but then I don't like it because of the delay. If the style system is back, please make it completely responsive.
DMC3 and DMC4. I hope that style system is gone.

DmC was fine, since it was way easier to learn and grasp. I could always keep my fingers on the two triggers, and having it be "hold" rather than "toggle" felt more intuitive when I merely wanted to use one ability for that given style. There were also just two styles, not five of them to keep track of. Far more manageable for my taste.

DMC3 didn't allow it. DmC didn't allow it. I ...think the same for DMC4. The only time the items "respawn" is through secret missions. Sooo, I doubt DMC5 will allow it.
Just wishful thinking on my part. Since some inspiration is being pulled from DMC1, I'm hoping the respawning items comes along with it. There's really no good reason for them not to... any player seeking a challenge will naturally avoid using them. They're there to help players like myself curb the difficulty, after all. If too many of an item breaks the difficulty, that's on me. Heck, that's also why I want to see Untouchables return as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom