• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Thoughts.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Things I liked:
  • Black Morison :D
  • I like that the Devil May Cry shop is mobile now. I always felt that was a better idea and would allow Dante to go places.
  • Nero's new look. He finally looks like a character I can enjoy looking at AND has separated his image from "Dante clone."
  • Nico's a whole snacc and I'd dive deep in her greasy pipes :cool: (yes that was dirty and I'm messed up for that)
  • I actually like the new robot arm. The designs look good and I already love the abilities.
  • It may not be as easily seen but I like Nero's new gun as well. It's not the same one as in DMC4. Neither is his new Red Queen.
  • The new areas I've seen look so realistic and more of a gothic meets modern take. Something that reminds me of DmC.
  • The returning enemy from DMC1 was a cool treat.
  • the demons actually look like threatening demons.
  • Nero's actually an entertaining character now.
  • Some of the gameplay elements I've seen are spectacular both in color and action.
  • Vergil's back.
  • The logo is nice.
  • Dante's back.
  • Taunts are more creative with some being done in the air, while one allows you to put on Nero's hood and keep it on.
  • A new character to use.
Things I didn't like.
  • That stupid song that they keep playing for it. It just sounds bad to me.
  • The fact that the arms can't be switched out for one another.
  • The red orbs look bad.
  • I wished Nero had a different sword. Something more traditional to a longsword or a claymore.
  • Dante looks like Hank from Detroit Become Human.
  • The main bad guy looks like something out of Bayonetta.
  • It takes place after DMC4 instead of DMC2.
  • Nero still swings his sword like the most ugliest sword fighter I've ever seen.
  • I already know Dante's sword swinging will just be a rehash of what it's always been with the three swing combos since DMC3.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Things I liked:
Was there image of him? I missed it or something?
About styles, most likely it be same as DMC4. IT would make sense. Nero switches between arms, Dante between styles and V between his demon/ghosts

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
After the leak people are assuming he's the main baddy but you know as much as any of us.
If I remember leak was from prologue. It would very weird to see somebody shown from get go to be final boss tbh.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If I remember leak was from prologue. It would very weird to see somebody shown from get go to be final boss tbh.
You mean like Vergil in 3 or Mundus in DmC? Why would it be strange to establish who your antagonist is from the beginning? Happens all the time. Yeah, you want to build suspense and drama but you're not likely to lose anything from establishing who you're fighting against, specially if he's kicking Dante and Nero's ass.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If you mean the removal of the Style system you might as well stop hoping.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamesc...-ninja-theory-nico-and-the-difference-between

"In the trailer we saw a little bit of Dante, with him wielding the motorcycles. Can you offer details about his gameplay? Will he be similar to his DMC 3 iteration?
Actually I don’t think anyone’s asked this question. We’re going to go more into detail about Dante at TGS, but in terms of whether he’ll more like his DMC 3 or 4 iteration, we’ll have to say more like DMC 3."

This alludes to the return of the Style System but one draw from this and think he might mean exactly like DMC3 where you can only have 1 style at a time but he did say more like DMC3 so one could say they could be drawing a lot of mechanics that are unique to DMC3 like Crazy Moves, Wall Running (hopefully), how his moveset function in DMC3 compared to DMC4, Doppleganger and Quicksilver Style, the options to customize our weapon loadout (combined with the fact Okabe said there will be a lot of new crazy weapons), while still having Style Switching from DMC4.......or something else.

Well, who knows? Perhaps by assigning a style to Dante a la DMC3, it just opens up certain elements of his control scheme, rather than relegating the new actions to a single button - that's my biggest problem, the unintuitive nature of opening up his skillset in certain ways while not making them fit with his controls.

>_> Berto hit the nail on the head, but also, it's a prologue. Looking at it, it seems to be a flash-forward to later in the story when everyone's scenarios converge at the Qliphoth.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm... well the gameplay looks solid enough to be a guaranteed purchase even if I share many of the nitpicks other people have mentioned.

As for the story, wew boy they could've done a lot better with that debut trailer. There's teasing people with a little information, and then there's giving out so little that it makes it hard to care. Here's hoping the next time they put out a story trailer it'll be a lot more interesting. :grumpy:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hmm... well the gameplay looks solid enough to be a guaranteed purchase even if I share many of the nitpicks other people have mentioned.

As for the story, wew boy they could've done a lot better with that debut trailer. There's teasing people with a little information, and then there's giving out so little that it makes it hard to care. Here's hoping the next time they put out a story trailer it'll be a lot more interesting. :grumpy:
There is always tgs ;). Its around the corner.

I just need a look at V and how he/she fights and im good.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
>_> Berto hit the nail on the head, but also, it's a prologue. Looking at it, it seems to be a flash-forward to later in the story when everyone's scenarios converge at the Qliphoth.
Like I said I'm 90% sure it won't be true main villain. I can even make a bet on it, for fun, because even in interviews it was implied that it's not.

You mean like Vergil in 3 or Mundus in DmC? Why would it be strange to establish who your antagonist is from the beginning? Happens all the time. Yeah, you want to build suspense and drama but you're not likely to lose anything from establishing who you're fighting against, specially if he's kicking Dante and Nero's ass.
That's inacurate. If you say "mundus in DmC", than you have to say Arkham in DMC3, same was with DMC3 Vergil, his counterpart is Vergil from DmC. In DMC3 it was all about ping-pong between Vergil and Arkham, but we weren't directly shown who from them are final villain. In DmC Mundus plays main villain role, almost whole game, so it may be same here, where tentacle demon suppose to be final boss, but probably get seom twisteroo around it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You explicitly talked about the final boss being shown at the beginning of the game, which Mundus and Vergil were, we don't need to also say anyone else. Don't move the goalposts. Don't be that guy.

Anyway, after reading that resetera thread, I'm really excited about all those QoL changes: Exceeding while running and Exceed charges not being consumed all at once; being able to run while locked on; the little details and all that. It really makes me wonder what they will have done to Dante, because if they updated Nero this much, what could they do to the (outdated) Devil Hunter's controls.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You explicitly talked about the final boss being shown at the beginning of the game, which Mundus and Vergil were, we don't need to also say anyone else. Don't move the goalposts. Don't be that guy.
Mundus isn't final boss though. So it simply false. And we never saw original Mundus up until very end of DMC1.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
before you modify your post, like you usually do
>You explicitly talked about the final boss being shown at the beginning of the game, which Mundus and Vergil were,
>Mundus isn't final boss though.
>That wasn't the Mundus being talked about. Don't. Be. That. Guy.
*Facepalm* now you literally play dumb on purpose, so I leave you to it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
before you modify your post, like you usually do
>You explicitly talked about the final boss being shown at the beginning of the game, which Mundus and Vergil were,
>Mundus isn't final boss though.
>That wasn't the Mundus being talked about. Don't. Be. That. Guy.
*Facepalm* now you literally play dumb on purpose, so I leave you to it.

Sumimascuse me~ I misspoke. Final boss, main antagonist, potato potato. In this discussion...

He was the tentaclely dude at the start of the first trailer.

I thought they only confirmed that he will be important antagonist, but I don't remember them confirming he's main villain.

After the leak people are assuming he's the main baddy but you know as much as any of us.

Emphasis mine, obvs.

Like I said I'm 90% sure it won't be true main villain. I can even make a bet on it, for fun, because even in interviews it was implied that it's not.

That's inacurate. If you say "mundus in DmC", than you have to say Arkham in DMC3, same was with DMC3 Vergil, his counterpart is Vergil from DmC. In DMC3 it was all about ping-pong between Vergil and Arkham, but we weren't directly shown who from them are final villain. In DmC Mundus plays main villain role, almost whole game, so it may be same here, where tentacle demon suppose to be final boss, but probably get seom twisteroo around it.

Mundus isn't final boss though. So it simply false. And we never saw original Mundus up until very end of DMC1.

That wasn't the Mundus being talked about. Don't. Be. That. Guy.

You sorta derailed it by bringing in DMC1 Mundus and harping on about final bosses, instead of simply antagonists. You tossed out "final boss" first, I responded in kind, but both Berto and I were talking about the "main antagonist," or "main baddy" as he put it in his original post. Y'know, the main antagonist being the main opposition for the game/story. Mundus in DMC1, however, is the still the main antagonist, because he was the force opposing Dante the entire time, sending his goons to deal with him. Mundus in DmC? Main antagonist, even shown to us early on. Vergil in DmC doesn't count as a main antagonist because he literally spends most of the game working with Dante, and only opposes him in the last moments.

The miscommunication here is in that you liken "main antagonist" to "final boss," which is not in the spirit of what we were originally discussing, and I got wrapped up in your terminology. I truly apologize for this confusion. You expected more from Papa John's, and we will do better in the future.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sumimascuse me~ I misspoke. .
Like usual. So stop wriggling semantics. Berto named both Vergil and Mundus from DmC, to which I replied that one of them is main villain and the other is final boss, so case where main villain was known from getgo was only once in the franchse.

Top Bottom