• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Faust;293380 said:
Exactly, after DMC2 fans still had faith in the series...why is this one so different though? Is it because Capcom is handing it down to a less known company? The new designs they have in store for the game? Or is it just because they changed Dante's apperance?

It's all of them. But I think the fans are scared that the game might turn out better than what they think, only for the sake that it isn't the same as it's predecessors. It's because fans don't know what to expect in this new game, the others were somewhat predictable because DMC was handled by the same company, but it's now in the hands of another.

:) I agree.
The fact that they've changed Dante's whole appearance doesn't really bug me at all, yet I'm just concerned about whether or not they keep that super enjoyable style to the gameplay, and a story that doesn't fall short.
Haha, die-hard Devil May Cry fans will do anything to quench their thirst for demon blood in fabulous action output - it kind of makes me a little excited thinking about how it'll be when it comes out. :3

Dominus

DemonSlayer6;293592 said:
:) I agree.
The fact that they've changed Dante's whole appearance doesn't really bug me at all, yet I'm just concerned about whether or not they keep that super enjoyable style to the gameplay, and a story that doesn't fall short.
Haha, die-hard Devil May Cry fans will do anything to quench their thirst for demon blood in fabulous action output - it kind of makes me a little excited thinking about how it'll be when it comes out. :3

Prepare for a bunch of QTEs which most likely will dull the mediocre action. Personally I believe in the cutscene division factor when it comes to action games. Whatever happens in a cutscene is divided by 2 and applied to the actual gameplay. Take DMC3 for example, a lot of the crazy stuff Dante does in the cutscenes don't entirely transfer to the reality of gameplay (though you can ride demons which was a cool addition). The only exception to this is God Hand which is why its so awesome. Now taken the slow pace of the cutscenes in the reveal trailer, you can see where the optimism might fall for hardcore fans. Oh boy I can't want to slowly shoot my guns and burn cigarettes into demons heads! Oh wait its divided by 2, so I'll probably have to physically aim at the enemies one by one. Though we have no technical gameplay footage, I'm going to assume the only cool actions we will be able to perform are QTEs.

moseslmpg

Angelo Credo;293236 said:
Vampi, I'm perfectly within my rights to call you out for being a petty, arrogant, passive aggressive annoyance, this isn't a democracy, this isn't free land where you can do or say whatever the hell you please, this is a dictatorship and you're here under our rules and since you're showing an absolute disrespect for not only the rules, but the members of staff who enforce them, you can kindly get the hell out and stay out.

I'm honestly bored of your attitude and people in this forum that share your attitude, so hell, what can I say, been nice knowing you.

...Or not.

And honestly, don't come running back with PMs to other members of staff about my conduct, I'm just a hardass, and unfortunately you got on my bad side, this ban isn't one that's getting reversed.
This is going to be a long post, and it may seem inappropriate given that you are its sole focus, but it really isn't that different from the post of yours I am replying to, except that I won't ban you. I would not be surprised if you came back with a TL;DR, but I ask that if you decide to read it, you read it all the way through. (If you really have any time, just read the part below the --------------)

Honestly, I am surprised. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with the previous incident, you know, maybe you had a bad day or whatever, but this is inexcusable and is obviously indicative of some consistent deficiency in your ability to competently moderate a forum.

(As an aside: A permaban for Vampi's conduct in this thread isn't being a hardass or having a zero tolerance policy. It's more like a sniper taking out a jaywalker who was actually trying to turn around. It's more like WTF. There have been people with far worse conduct who actually got the three explicit warnings they were supposed to before being banned temporarily, and then permanently. You seem to have an itchy trigger finger for that permaban button then, and as the "moderator" of a system, I can understand that you embody the structural need for coherence at the sake of completeness (i.e. the need to separate between insiders and outsiders, good and bad, etc., and excise the elements offensive to the system's current ideological foundations). But that's why we have humans doing the job instead of robots.)

For one thing, you take everything personally. I can understand that a mod is under a lot of pressure to respond to user complaints, but they are under no obligation to act on them, especially not so rashly and vindictively as you are (apparently) wont to. For instance, all of the adjectives you used to describe Vampi could and would be more suitable in a description of your behavior as a mod. Except passive aggressive, since you appear actively aggressive when you wield your banhammer.

I'm not even sure that you know what moderation means, since your own behavior when wielding the hammer (from my experience) is diametrically opposed to it. "To reduce the excessiveness of; make less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous." On the contrary, your bans seem to end with the flourish of a last jab, snide and inflammatory to the very end; No user would dream of posting in such a way simply out of common courtesy. And this even despite the fact that Vampi apologized and expressed a desire to move on from the topic of discussion.

You say that this is not a democracy, but a dictatorship, but that contradicts the very purpose of a moderator, doesn't it? Aren't moderators here to ensure that everyone has a fair chance at speaking their opinion, by censuring those people who infringe on this right to free expression? Granted, the freedom of expression is conditional on a forum, but if you accept that the role of a mod is what I mentioned above, then shouldn't you censure yourself for violating the very principles you are meant to protect?

Contrariwise, assuming this is a dictatorship, wouldn't that make you something like a police squad or merely a stormtrooper? Whose orders are you acting on? By your analogy, only Steve could be the dictator and I think labeling him as such would be tantamount to defamation of character. It seems to me, and I may be wrong, that you are the despot whose personal rules, of attitude, of obeisance, of "not getting on your bad side" (how anyone can be responsible for your disposition at any given time of day is beyond me) you are invariably invested in defending. You, apparently, believe you are above reproach, which is definitely not healthy or helpful to the forum. Who watches the watchmen, indeed. In the future, I would stay away from the dictatorship comparison, because it opens up a huge can of worms.

------------------------------

I guess what I'm trying to get it is that I think you are a horrible moderator, probably the worst I have ever seen. I know that's not a nice thing to hear (and that alone will probably secure my permaban), but I feel it has to be said. Just to be clear, I can't say you are a bad person (although I can't help but infer a bit from your mod behavior) or a bad user, since you only ever come to my attention in these situations. But, for the reasons mentioned above (takes things personally, can't separate professional and personal spheres, behavior in contradiction to the purpose and definition of moderation, and a petty vindictiveness unbecoming of a senior user), I feel that you are a solitary blight on the reputation of an otherwise good forum.

I don't know who conferred the power of a mod upon you, but I do sincerely wish that they would have pondered longer about your readiness for such responsibility. I know it isn't easy, but again, that's not a good excuse. You can always recuse yourself, which is a noble and honest thing to do. Perhaps I can't place the blame all on you, but then again, all the other mods and admins here seem far more reasonable in their conduct. I can only hope that, either you abuse your power only in this relatively insignificant arena, or that you are never given a corresponding level of responsibility and concomitant power in any arena that has real consequences for real people.

I could go on with more analogies (especially dictatorship ones), but that would be superfluous and unnecessarily inflammatory. In any case, I apologize to everyone for bringing up this old hatchet, but I had to pay my respects before it was buried for good (I had exams then I was traveling for the past few days, so I missed the bulk of the action). Credo, I would ask you not to take this personally, but I think that such a request might be made in vain, and we all know that I am not one to use more words than I simply ask that you don't ignore it outright as the rantings of one of "them," however the Other is characterized in your worldview.

To all of you other users, I say this: We who are (probably) going to be banned, salute you.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I would soulfully argue against your point, and defend Angelo Credo, as I'm sure many others would also do. Therefore, wouldn't that surely mean something? Oh yes, it means he's respected.

I've said countless times before that Moderators were picked for their maturity and level headedness. Angel sought new Staff Members, Angelo was picked. Steve was obviously aware, and clearly made no objection. On this principle alone it secures Angelo Credo as being highly suitable for the job. If a Manager of a Company picks a person to be an employee, then that employee has obviously got what it takes. In this case, we're all employees. And Angelo Credo got a job promotion for the excellent way in which he portrayed himself.

Now I'm not saying that you can't have your own opinion or anything. And I'm not saying that you shouldn't say these things. But then again, by saying this stuff, you are only bringing things upon yourself. Which, as you expect, having said that you might get in trouble for this. But to be fair, you typed this in a Thread that has nothing to do with 'Disagreeing to a Mod's behaviour". Taking personal matters like that into a Thread such as this, and not simply Private Messaging is a report worthy offence in itself. Therefore even by stating that opinion you have wronged yourself. Not for your opinion, but for the approach of your opinion.

You can sit around all day feeling this way, and thinking that any other Staff Member would of taking 'tons' of reports about particular members in a completely different approach. But at the end of the day, from my personal understanding, the same thing would of been done by Steve.

So to speak, I'll state the following. Angelo Credo doesn't rest his head higher than anyone else's. But he does feel the need to be respected, and rightly so. If you can't respect the members, the rules or the Staff, then that's your own fault. And all of the Staff Members act the same way as Angelo Credo does. Does that not clearly show that he more than does his job capably? Dark Drakan would be blunt about such things. And Steve and Angel wouldn't think twice before slapping on a ban. It doesn't matter who you are, the Staff will punish everyone just the same.

You're saying that Angelo Credo is bad at doing his job, and that's your opinion. But face facts. If he was bad at doing it, he would of never of been picked. And further more, he would of probably of lost his Moderator position. At the end of the day, he is liked and appreciated. And undoubtedly, respected throughout the forums.

Follow me on this alone. If a killer strikes, the killer is hunted for. If the killer strikes more, then the hunt becomes more serious. In this case, if bad things happen, then a positive outcome is required in order it doesn't happen again. You don't let a killer kill again. And you don't let someone who is constantly getting on people's nerves continue to do so. My point here is that the first law is a law in every day society. And the second law is the same as the first law, but it's a law that is set in place here. The rules are clearly the law, otherwise we wouldn't have Moderators or Admins here to enforce them.

And lastly, I assume you have never been a Moderator? =/ Therefore, what makes you so sure that it was a quick judgement? To be fair, many reports and complaints had been made. And it really isn't up to us to decide how many is enough to get someone into trouble. At the end of the day, we're not trying to get anyone in trouble. We're just saying what we don't like, and then something may or may not get done about it. In this case, something was, and that's a judgement beyond yours or anyone else's control here.

Angelo Credo was just doing his job. He wasn't going to wait for a billion more complaints, or wait to see if it escalated into anything far worse. He issued a ban, as he felt that's what was right. Some people get accused of doing something wrong in life, and they may not have. But in this case, there was bad air surrounding that member and other members, and a Staff Member stepped in and did what he felt was right. And that's for his judgement alone, and nobody else's.

I rest my case.

Sorry I had to bring this up in this Thread. My apologies to everyone.

Meg

Well LoD here beat me to it, but I still feel the need to say something. Mr. Credo is one of the best mods I've ever seen. I'm not kidding. I've been on many forums in the past and the staff on all those sites either didn't do anything at all, or were just as bad as the trouble markers. That said, the entire staff here,including Mr. Credo, is freaking great. I respect him as well as the rest of the staff greatly.

Also, you saying that Mr.Credo shouldn't be a mod is not only an insult to him, the admins that picked him, but to every member that nominated him for the job. Yes, members were allowed to recommend members for the mod position and many many people picked Mr. Credo.

Whether or not you agree with his decision doesn't matter. Its his call, not yours. As LoD has said if Mr. Credo wasn't suited to be a mod then he wouldn't be. Your post is not just an attack on Mr. Credo, but to this entire forum as a whole. Learn some respect and some common decency while your at it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
moseslmpg;294528 said:

You were willing to give me the benefit of the doubt?

Is it bad that I actually burst out laughing at that very point of your post?

You seem to be banging on a point which no one else appears to agree with and it's getting a little bit old Moses, there's a good reason why I banned you before, because you were acting like a petty, arrogant child forcing your own opinions down the throats of others with little regard for anyone else.

And Vampi was just the same, that's not an attitude that is exactly well accepted in a social atmosphere like a forum, hell, the fact that you were ever unbanned in the first place was a MISTAKE.

Yes, you read that right, it was a mistake and the fact that you're still here at all is an unfortunate stroke of luck so consider that fact, think about that and realise you're probably on very thin ice.

Honestly, I'm gonna be as blunt as I usually am with you Moses.
I couldn't give a good god damn about your opinion of me and my capacity to moderate, as far as I'm concerned, I don't need to be a completely unbiased individual in order to dish out appropriate punishments and remove people who only serve to stink up the atmosphere here, and surprisingly, the staff would appear to agree with me.

Amusingly, you take the moral high ground and judge me when you know nothing about me, I can do that too, from your posts I could deduce that you could also be something of a bad person, but since I don't know you personally, I'm not going to infer that.

I'm honestly not the only member of staff who acts like this, Dark Drakan is as blunt as I am, he, Angel and Steve are just as willing to hand out bans to people stinking up the place as I am and guess what? Keaton's pretty much the same too, I'm just around more so you see more of it from me.

But then, why exactly am I justifying myself to you again? I just find it funny how you're the only one out of the entire forum who's bitched and moaned about this and my conduct, especially when everyone else in this thread moved on and brought the discussion back on topic.

So well done, in banging on about an old issue you have with me, you've effectively derailed a thread and annoyed several people.

Not that any of this matters anyway seeing as you've made such an obviously big deal of pointing out "structural flaws" in the forum's management in your leaving thread.
Think yourself lucky, I've witnessed forums with moderators infinitely more totalitarian in ruling than I am, and you know what the funny thing is? They're actually really nice, respectful and well mannered communities.

I'm not above leniency, it's just necessary to harshly deal with people who persist in arrogant behaviour after consistent warning.

Think about that Moses, should you choose to return.

Dominus

Angelo Credo;294588 said:
I'm not above leniency, it's just necessary to harshly deal with people who persist in arrogant behaviour after consistent warning.

Think about that Moses, should you choose to return.

TBH derailing a thread based on an opinion expressed in a youtube comment isn't really that big of a deal. But the totalitarian type of modding really does cut down on some of the speech. I think Angelo Credo should just have left a warning for Vampi if he felt she was getting too personal in her posts, but he took the easy route. I don't think it was her intent to personally insult the people she was "debating" with, rather insult their stupid opinions. Yes that's right people opinions can be stupid(btw I think Dante should wear a clown outfit).

You seem to be banging on a point which no one else appears to agree with and it's getting a little bit old Moses, there's a good reason why I banned you before, because you were acting like a petty, arrogant child forcing your own opinions down the throats of others with little regard for anyone else.

Wow I'm surprised you banned moses at some point. He gives some of the most insightful and well developed posts i've seen on this forum. Sure he's opinionated, but he backs up his opinions. I'd feel this forum would lose some clarity if he left, and instead it'd be full of threads based on youtube comments oh wait.....

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Point one: Intent or not, there was still a rather remarkable degree of insults being flung around like monkey poo, and Vampi's shown this behaviour in the past with no signs of change despite prior warning.

Not a good attitude to have.

Point two: You and I clearly hold very different definitions of the word insightful.

On multiple occasions these two have been given chances to back off and shape up, chances neither of them can honestly say they've taken, today I'm going easy on Moses as a courtesy, but that seems to have been a somewhat useless choice of action to take considering he "appears" to have up and left.

Now, here's a crazy idea, how about this thread gets back on topic?

Asmodaius

Okay, I am rather late with this, I know... But I like Bayonetta. It is totally girly, totally over the top and totally goofy, but at the same time it is a very interesting game, looks rather cool and the gameplay is something I can relate to from the DMC series, yet it still had some unique elements to it.

I didn't buy it first though, I actually got it as a birthday present by a friend AFTER he had played it through while I watched him do so, so it was a win/win situation for me. ^^

heatlancer

1# Trickster
this forum is too soft, i'd like to see more arguements where someone is on the losing end.
everyone is too "well that's ur opinions so *sticks tongue out*"

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
moseslmpg;294528 said:
It sucks that Vampi got perma-banned. I didn't even know that they do that except for extreme cases. Hell I got banned twice here without leading into a perma-ban. I don't actually know the whole details to the situation to form an opinion on Angelo Credo's ability to mod. That said, bad mod or no I like Angelo Credo as a poster, even before he became a mod. And he gets major positive mod points for banning Sparda (one of the reasons I left this board in the first place was because of him). So I'm sure he had a valid reason for perma-banning her that he is just not divulging to us.

Meg;294557 said:
Mr. Credo is one of the best mods I've ever seen.
Too bad you havent met me at this old FF forum I modded back in the day. :lol:

Also, you saying that Mr.Credo shouldn't be a mod is not only an insult to him, the admins that picked him, but to every member that nominated him for the job. Yes, members were allowed to recommend members for the mod position and many many people picked Mr. Credo.
In mossel's defence, he didn't just randomly petty insult him without reasoning, which is kind of uncommon on alot of message boards so I give him credit for that. That said, he should of discussed his problems to Angelo Credo directly via another channel or to another mod/admin. I'm sure admins (at least at this forum) listen to valid complaints.

As LoD has said if Mr. Credo wasn't suited to be a mod then he wouldn't be.
Not really a valid argument. People can change during their time as a mod and can be kind of an ass. Not saying that this applies to Credo however.

Your post is not just an attack on Mr. Credo, but to this entire forum as a whole.
Not really. He actually praises the community as well as the rest of the staff. He only really derides Credo. I guess he got beef with him. :lol:

That said, I should stop being so damn noisy and derailing the thread no?

=========

Ok, I'm not done with Enslaved yet, but I'm actually....liking it so far. So I might give DmC a chance. That said....I STILL hate Dino...and that wont change unless he is like the most well written, most sympathetic character I've ever seen in a game or changes to a badass.

Asmodaius

The question is: Have you learnt anything from your bans? And have anyone learned anything from the bans that's been put on others? Because if not, then we're just back at where we started.

Vampi was banned for a reason. If someone can see what that reason is and can learn something from it, then this incident do not need to be repeated.

Meg

@Esura- Not to be rude, but was picking apart my response to Moses insulting Mr. Credo really necessary? I stand by what I said as I explained all of it. Not only that, but this incident has been dead and buried and doesn't need anyone digging it up again.

Now how about we discuss the topic and JUST the topic?

Dark Drakan

Admin
veg-G;295714 said:
i love conflicts. keep on fighting!

If your under the age of 10 id see how they might be amusing but when mature adults cant discuss without arguing its just immature.

heatlancer;295717 said:
this forum is too soft, i'd like to see more arguements where someone is on the losing end.
everyone is too "well that's ur opinions so *sticks tongue out*"

Arguments are never a good thing and to want more is rather childish. Debates yes, pointless playground arguments.. no.

Esura;295742 said:
That said, I should stop being so damn noisy and derailing the thread no?

Correct you should and stop stoking fires by picking apart peoples comments with every post.

Meg;295759 said:
Not only that, but this incident has been dead and buried and doesn't need anyone digging it up again.

Now how about we discuss the topic and JUST the topic?

Got a point there Meg and next person to dig anything back up in this thread shall receive an infraction. We shall see who is 'too soft' then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom