• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
The same went for me as well since I got DMC collection back together. But the only thing I hope Ninja Thoery does is make a good DMC game.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Storm Silves;291554 said:
Alright, recently I heard something from a let's player on youtube that struck a chord with me. I want to see all of your thoughts on this.

"You're probably going to buy the game anyway, let's face that fact right now. Of course you probably won't ADMIT you bought the game, but you probably are going to in the future just out of curiosity and say it was wasted potential. Which is where I ask WHY you bought the game in the first place? I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but if you kept buying the games after DMC2 you OBVIOUSLY still have faith in the series, so play the game, STFU, and judge the game based on your experiences instead of what you SEE!"

I'm going to buy the game. I'm going to boast about it on the forum, not deny ever purchasing it. And yeah, a large part of why I'm going to buy it blindly is because my curiosity drives me. Another part is because I know a few guys who are working on/dealing with certain factors surrounding this game, and they're smart guys and they're bloody good at what they do. An even bigger part for me is EYE CANDY!!!!! I mean, come on, Dante Dante Dante from start to end, come on! And, of course, there's the matter at hand of my insatiable desire for all things Dante. There's even a bar in the US somewhere called Dante, with a devil face and horns out the front. I so wanna go to that bar.
Anyway.

The guy has a pretty good point. You won't know if it's good until you play it. The same thing with Bayonetta - I watched the youtube walkthroughs long before I bought the game, when I was still a dummy and thought it was a shock-la-gasp-DMC-rip-off, and the gameplay looked meh. Until I got it and played it, and I absolutely LOVE it. What you see is not always what you get. ;)

I look forward to doing some Dante-smashing (the DmC equivelant of Hulk-Smash) in this game. ^_^

moseslmpg

Why exactly wouldn't you rent before you buy? Buying the game blindly seems to go against the whole "you don't know how it is until you play it" philosophy. Doesn't shelling out money no questions asked defeat the purpose of even having an opinion on the game?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, it doesn't because I'm already starting to save my cash so I can just buy it. I don't live by that philosophy anyway, I'm just making preparations for my impulsive 'I-want-that-now!' shopping habit. I'm high maintenance! My opinion on the game is already out on the boards, I'm willing to give it a chance and trust in the guys working on it. Whether the game is actually good or not, I can't tell yet, but then I can't truly have an opinion on the game either way, since right now I don't know much about the game in general, and I won't know until I played it through. You get extra goodies if you pre-order it anyway, y'know ^_^ :p

Vampi

Chloe...i'm kinda surprised by your response. Atleast play the demo before plunking down your money on it. If the demo is good enough for you then, well go for it. But really, don't let your eager shopping habit blind you. Unless you're going to get the game only for the Pre-order goodies...depending if the pre-order goodies are even worth it to begin with...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm going for the pre-order goodies. I missed out on the guns for the Bayonetta pre-order because I was so uptight about it, and I have faith in DmC so I really don't want to make that mistake twice.
I mean...I REALLY want those guns now that it's too late. =)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey, if she wants to buy the game, let her buy the game. No need to be all "WTF R U doin?" about it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Hunter 95;292098 said:
Wow... all that for guns?

They were REALLY cool guns. You know the pink ones she uses in the game? PLUS, the game is awesome. So I'll take my chances with DmC.

Meg

Master Vergil;292119 said:
They were REALLY cool guns. You know the pink ones she uses in the game? PLUS, the game is awesome. So I'll take my chances with DmC.

Pre-ordering a game you're looking forward to is exciting! I pre-ordered The SLy Collection and was so excited to get my hands on it for the first time. I'll probably pre order Killzone 3 as well. :wub:

Since you'll be playing it before most of us you'll have to let us know what you think.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm preordering this game too, actually. After thinking about it, I've decided I'll take my chances.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meg;292121 said:
Pre-ordering a game you're looking forward to is exciting! I pre-ordered The SLy Collection and was so excited to get my hands on it for the first time. I'll probably pre order Killzone 3 as well. :wub:

Since you'll be playing it before most of us you'll have to let us know what you think.

I will do! If DT doesn't beat me to it, but we'll see which country it's released in first. Bayonetta was out in the US a week before it was released here, so who knows. But I'll definitely be gushing and ranting when I get to play it, I'm sure :)

Vampi

Master Vergil;292097 said:
I'm going for the pre-order goodies. I missed out on the guns for the Bayonetta pre-order because I was so uptight about it, and I have faith in DmC so I really don't want to make that mistake twice.
I mean...I REALLY want those guns now that it's too late. =)

Bayonetta's guns look lame. They look like Hair Dryers for God's Sake. Jeanne's guns look more cool. For Bayonetta just buy a blow dryer, stick a crappy fake green jewel on it and VOILA! You have your own Bayo gun without plunking like $200 for a worthless gun that you won't even care for in a few years. Besides, they don't give you all of Bayo's guns, they just give you one.

Storm Silves: Stop Trollin! I'm not attacking Chloe, i'm just surprised by her response.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i got into the series after DMC2 and it was the first game i played for the series and i died a lot but had fun doing it so i like it more and i might get DmC but its too soon to tell since even though i haven't nothing against the trailer as a critic i find their approach baffling so I'll wait and see. I've only played 2 and 3 but never played 1 or 4 because of outside complications so ill probably try and play those first to see what the deal is but my favorite is probably 3 since it was equal in both storyline as well as gameplay which is a rarity for this series.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Trolling? Are you serious? I wasn't trolling, at least not intentionally. I was merely trying to stifle the flames, not fan them.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ LOL, whut? Guys don't even bring the word flaming and trolling into the thread because there is none of either. The gesture is appreciated DT, but I can take the heat ;)

Z218;293005 said:
my favorite is probably 3 since it was equal in both storyline as well as gameplay which is a rarity for this series.

Until DmC comes out...;) :p

@Vampi: Watcha on about? Bayonetta's guns were kick-ass smexy! All girlied up with the pink and the jewels and the oooh shiny! They were like...almost like Nero's gun, just not as pansy-boyish. And it wouldn't have been for me, anyway, it'd have gone straight to my kids cause the guns came in a pair.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree that Netta's guns looked awesome. But it's a matter of opinion. One person's trash is another's treasure.

DazedDreams

Dante is a beast.
I'll definitely give the game a go, cause judging it at the moment isn't the best. We don't have much info on it, so we just can't go "It's gonna be crap" now can we?. One day we'll all find out if it is good, or just.. meh.

moseslmpg

Bayo's guns were gaudy and just tacky. They didn't even look like real guns, they looked like plastic barbie doll accessories. Jeanne's guns were way better. They looked like some Blade, Robocop badass gats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom