• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your least favourite thing about your favourite DMC?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Least favorite thing about DMC4 (Favorite game): The Dice Puzzle in Nero's mission. It's like if someone on the Capcom Development Team decided to embody their love for Mario Party in the most excruciating, time-consuming obstacle in any Devil May Cry game known to man.

Oh, and...Dante dancing around upon obtaining Lucifer and then singing about thrusting his dick was something I never want to relive again. Ever.

Favorite thing about DMC3 (Least Favorite): I'd say Yuji Shimomura's excellently-choreographed cutscenes, but they weren't exclusive to this game...so I'll just resort to Vergil. He wasn't your ordinary DMC villain, and he was probably the most memorable.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Backtracking! okay i can understand that DMC 1 was salvaged from RE 4's assets but holy fu*k why is backtracking a reoccurring theme in DMC series? seriously WTF? why does DMC 3&4 have backtracking? its annoying as fu*k in a action game!

I can tolerate backtracking to an extent but when it becomes a reoccurring theme it just annoys the **** out of me.

And my fav thing about DMC?? it has to be the ball crushing difficulty!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
To be fair, the Darksiders series does the whole, "metroidvania-backtracking-exploration" thing rather well. In fact, it's one of my favorite things about the series overall.
Exploration based backtracking actually makes sense,the one i'm talking about is just playing the same level but in reverse! like reverse race tracks in racing games.

Nothing to explore just play the same level in reverse because developers are too lazy to make new levels!

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
My favorite is the reboot and the least favorite aspect of it have gotta be the many unexplained plotholes. It feels like NT tried to go for a more complicated plot this time, but failed at it by introducing a lot of stuff in one game. Where the hell are the angels? What kind of hell is the one Vergil's in? It's obviously not his personal Hell, since it was confirmed that Eva was present in it and was not a figment of his imagination. Why is Eva the only prisoner in that hell, if that is really hell? What was the point of those slow-motion moments during "The Trade" (other than to give the player leverage)? Did Dante do that? If not, did Mundus do it? Why?

Maybe they planned to explain them in the sequel, but I fear this is not gonna happen. Ever.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
My favorite is the reboot and the least favorite aspect of it have gotta be the many unexplained plotholes. It feels like NT tried to go for a more complicated plot this time, but failed at it by introducing a lot of stuff in one game. Where the hell are the angels? What kind of hell is the one Vergil's in? It's obviously not his personal Hell, since it was confirmed that Eva was present in it and was not a figment of his imagination. Why is Eva the only prisoner in that hell, if that is really hell? What was the point of those slow-motion moments during "The Trade" (other than to give the player leverage)? Did Dante do that? If not, did Mundus do it? Why?

Maybe they planned to explain them in the sequel, but I fear this is not gonna happen. Ever.

-I figured Mundus wiped the angels out.

-I don't have an explanation for the second one.

- I think it was a side effect of Mundus blowing everything up.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
-I figured Mundus wiped the angels out.

-I don't have an explanation for the second one.

- I think it was a side effect of Mundus blowing everything up.

-It's not stated anywhere that Mundus wiped the angels out. He did wipe all of the nephilims (except Dante and Vergil) though.

-What a a coincidence. I don't have an explanation for it either!

-Seems plausible, but if time slows down uncontrollably when Mundus does his explosive belly thrust (?), why doesn't it slow down when he gets Dante blasted away near the end of the game?

I like the reboot and I got really stressed out at the thought that we might not get a sequel because of a bunch of angry butthurt fanboys that can't appreciate it, but NT really did make a lot of mistakes while developing the story.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Least favorite thing about fav. DMC? I think underwater missions from DMC1.
Favorite thing from least fav. DMC? Well that would be DmC, and i liked Rages.

Sunaka Marién

Favorite DMC: DmC obviously. Least favorite thing about it: Kat being kidnapped. I just despise anything 'save the princess!' trope-ish.

Least favorite DMC: DMC4. Most favorite thing about it: Dante's combat was kinda fun for a while.
Where the hell are the angels?
I always figured they just were in the angel equivalent of Limbo or something. Since demons can't exist in the human world without a vessel, the same might go for angels too.
What kind of hell is the one Vergil's in? It's obviously not his personal Hell, since it was confirmed that Eva was present in it and was not a figment of his imagination. Why is Eva the only prisoner in that hell, if that is really hell?
Hell might just be a very vast place and we only saw a small portion of it - at least that could explain why we only bumped into Eva there.
I guess it's also possible that everyone has his or her own little assigned area in hell, where you are kept as some sort of prisoner all alone, from where people normally can't escape - but due to being Nephilim Vergil had the ability to do so and even enter other people's hell, in this case, Eva's.
-Seems plausible, but if time slows down uncontrollably when Mundus does his explosive belly thrust (?), why doesn't it slow down when he gets Dante blasted away near the end of the game?
That blast seems to be a lot smaller in scale, and then there is also the thing that it just swept over Dante directly, so the aftereffects would be a lot less severe to non-existant.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So why Angels don't have vessels like demons? Makes no sense to me.
And those slow-mos don't make sense either.

Top Bottom