• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
thanks dad, nice of you to join us down here to let us know that. I know things aren't exactly the cleanest here, but I really don't need some 19 year old brat putting on a big show of how much more mature he thinks he is. What, you think you're being different than us by calling all of us children and that you're sooooo ashamed of how we act?

We've all been doing that to each other for the past week. Welcome to our level, now go sit at the angsty teenager table and wait your turn

Few flaws in your little rant.

1. I'm 20.

2. This little outburst is sort of proving my point. You're acting like a child, throwing a temper tantrum. This is not an insult, simply an observation

3. So, correctly identifying immature behavior makes me "angsty"? You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means

4. In your own words, you have been going at it for "the past week". At any point did you realize you can't change each other's minds, maybe fall back and agree to disagree? You know, something mature adults do.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Few flaws in your little rant.

1. I'm 20.

2. This little outburst is sort of proving my point. You're acting like a child, throwing a temper tantrum. This is not an insult, simply an observation

3. So, correctly identifying immature behavior makes me "angsty"? You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means

4. In your own words, you have been going at it for "the past week". At any point did you realize you can't change each other's minds, maybe fall back and agree to disagree? You know, something mature adults do.
so after watching all of us fail for three continual weeks, you thought you could do better? I mean, we're all angry and stupid and caught up in the moment, sure whatever. But you weren't involved, and got to observe from a distance. What part of this made you think, man, I'm going to jump into that and change their minds!

You knew from the outset this was all really stupid, yet here you are, trying to convince us all that you're so above all this. That just because you can point to someone else and label them immature, correctly or incorrectly, that you are instantly immune from also being seen the same way. You're no better than us, in fact I think final is actually better than you. He hates me, but at least he's upfront about it.

PS - 20? Wow, nice to see you acting 1 whole year below your age! Let me know how it goes when your parents make you move out.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
so after watching all of us fail for three continual weeks, you thought you could do better? I mean, we're all angry and stupid and caught up in the moment, sure whatever. But you weren't involved, and got to observe from a distance. What part of this made you think, man, I'm going to jump into that and change their minds!

You knew from the outset this was all really stupid, yet here you are, trying to convince us all that you're so above all this. That just because you can point to someone else and label them immature, correctly or incorrectly, that you are instantly immune from also being seen the same way. You're no better than us, in fact I think final is actually better than you. He hates me, but at least he's upfront about it.

PS - 20? Wow, nice to see you acting 1 whole year below your age! Let me know how it goes when your parents make you move out.

If you're quite done.

I refuse to like or hate you. You have a right to your opinion and while I don't agree with it, I'd argue against anyone trying to take that away.

But, you could at least try to come across more respectful, nicer, treat others how you want to be treated. I don't think I'm better than you. I think you're better than this. So act like it. Stop acting like everyone's out for Kam's blood, everyone's Kam's enemy, and you have to strike first to survive. You say I don't act my age, but here you are, acting just as callus and dismissive as you accused me of being. And the sad part is, you don't even see your own hypocrisy. Just because you can't see me face to face doesn't mean you should act like this. Hell, if anything you should be more polite.

So, Kam, you want my honest opinion of you? You want me to be upfront? You are a normal person, just like me, but you let yourself get carried away. Try to come back. Try to act like the mature person I know you are. This.....this isn't you. You are so much more articulate and intelligent than petty insults over the internet. Prove it.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
If you're quite done.

I refuse to like or hate you. You have a right to your opinion and while I don't agree with it, I'd argue against anyone trying to take that away.

But, you could at least try to come across more respectful, nicer, treat others how you want to be treated. I don't think I'm better than you. I think you're better than this. So act like it. Stop acting like everyone's out for Kam's blood, everyone's Kam's enemy, and you have to strike first to survive. You say I don't act my age, but here you are, acting just as callus and dismissive as you accused me of being. And the sad part is, you don't even see your own hypocrisy. Just because you can't see me face to face doesn't mean you should act like this. Hell, if anything you should be more polite.

So, Kam, you want my honest opinion of you? You want me to be upfront? You are a normal person, just like me, but you let yourself get carried away. Try to come back. Try to act like the mature person I know you are. This.....this isn't you. You are so much more articulate and intelligent than petty insults over the internet. Prove it.
well I was going to agree with you, but abusing ellipsis is actually my huge pet peeve. Like, really, irl, going for a dramatic thoughtful pause in the middle of your exposition with a string of periods? Literally hitler. Oh my sweet jesus, is that four periods? FOUR? no that's too much, I don't think you and I will ever see eye to eye.

But in all seriousness, you're trying to convince me you want to elevate me from where I'm at, but the thing is, you have to be above it yourself to do that. And you're not. On top of everything else, you've added condescending to the list. It must be very exciting finally not having the word "teen" appended to your age, but you're still a kid.

Find a better tactic; you're not stupid, you already know this won't work.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well to be more precise about this whole topic, we were asked why we hate DmC, we answered. But hey! of course some people decided to throw tantrum over "somebody-who-dare-not-to-like-DmC" and derail it. I don't even know why we have to explain why we like or don't like it. People aren't machines, so 99% of everything that goes through our brains is subjective, why do we even need to justify ourselves for our preferences. :/

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Even Spider-Man would have trouble trying to web together this thread.

What's gotten into some of you lot? Fudge on a stick. I'm not going to start talking down to others because that's not my style. But would it kill to try just to respect each other? If one person is annoying you and won't 'stfu', then put 'em or your damn ignore list. Either way just don't reply. You're giving them fuel for the fire.

Don't see this as me skipping in with a big banner claiming superiority. Do what @Chancey289 said and chill out like an ice block.

Why the hate for DmC? Not why the hate amongst us?

Chillax.
Chilload your freeze gun.
And chill out.

Domenic93

Well, actually it weren't fans, but rather Capcom who ruined it. In interview after game's release they told, that game should have been much, much darker as it was in final release, but Capcom was displeased with it, since they wanted to stay under 18+ radar. Because of that they were forced to tone down whole story.
I honestly don't find it hard to believe, remember what Andy said in his interview with edge-online.com? http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/

third and fourth paragraph

"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a ****." - Alex Garland

If tameem was going to have it be even darker than that, I can easilly see why capcom rained them in

Domenic93

Oh really? Then tell me exactly what Sparda contributes to the DMC franchise other than a BS explanation for anything that happens in the plot? They always revolved the characters around Sparda and his family tree and it does not benefit the game because it just makes the entire game and world feel small.

It's lazy and shorthand storytelling. Like I said, he was never much a character, he was a goddamn plot device. Seriously, like I said before, these rose tinted glasses some of you wear for the originals are practically blindfolds.

And don't go on and accuse me of only liking DmC. I'm like, the only mofo who still has love for the very first game the most it seems. I'm just able to see that yea, the characters and plots were always pretty poop ok. I'm a stickler for storytelling.
tell that to JoJo's bizzare adventure

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I still think it's insulting to imply that everyone who doesn't like DmC and prefers DMC is a 'hater'. Or even implying that ''people can't grow up''. It has nothing to do with maturity, it simply has to do with personal feelings and preferences.

The topic is about hate, not haters. Hate is a natural thing, and it's not the same as actively *hating on* something, because 'hating on' implies that you think your opinion is worth more than others', and that you badger people with it and flame about it often. Hating is fine -- 'hating on' isn't. Many people have been called haters even though they gave valid criticism of the game. Much of the criticism in this thread was either ignored completely, or attacked. So... do you genuinely want to know why there's hate toward DmC, or did the question just supply a means for you to bash people with opinions different from yours? Because that's actually what happened in the first few pages of this thread.
Is criticism often personal, as in, subjective? Yeah, of course -- why would you get angry about the fact that people have opinions? Seriously, there were a few people from the 'pro DmC side' who called everyone who vehemently disagreed with them 'haters'. What, are we allowed to dislike something ONLY if it's based on *objective* reasoning? Bullsh*t. The whole nature of arguments is a mix of objective and subjective points. The same goes for reviewers: do you really think reviewers are 100% objective? Of course not; if that were true, there would be no need for them. There would only be journalists.

It's just so stupid... both sides were being ridiculous, acting like five-year-olds being forced to play together on a playground. Some DMC fans sent death threats to Ninja Theory, for crying out loud. There were some very vocal haters on the DMC side, in the beginning. Then it died down, and once it was revealed that DmC didn't sell well, DmC supporters blamed DMC fans... even though they are DMC fans themselves! :facepalm: In essence, they wanted revenge, and started hating on the people they suspected were haters. They even started projecting their anger towards people who weren't haters at all. Basically, many DmC supporters went ''Hey! He insulted me!'' and tried to beat the insulter to death. Way to handle a hostile situation :banghead:. See, this is why revenge doesn't lead to anything good: it just causes things to escalate further (just like in this thread and old locked threads).

Everyone should just keep an open mind, take a class of logic 101, or otherwise suck it up. Don't get angry at people for having opposite opinions and/or different standards -- for once, just break free of that juvenile mentality. I mostly disliked DmC, for many good reasons, which I explained on page one, I think. I personally don't even feel that it qualifies as a Devil May Cry game, even though it carries the name. Just because some people might not agree does not mean my opinions, or anyone else's, are invalid. You can't disprove an emotion-based opinion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I honestly don't find it hard to believe, remember what Andy said in his interview with edge-online.com? http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/

third and fourth paragraph

"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a ****." - Alex Garland

If tameem was going to have it be even darker than that, I can easilly see why capcom rained them in

Hold the f#cking phone real quick - you can't use that as some sort of an example that there is somehow inherently bad writing when they're discussing the rough draft of a narrative. That's sort of the purpose of a rough draft; you toss in all your ideas, and then through revisions you shave off the junk. Nothing is a masterpiece when it's first put to paper. Ever.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hold the f#cking phone real quick - you can't use that as some sort of an example that there is somehow inherently bad writing when they're discussing the rough draft of a narrative. That's sort of the purpose of a rough draft; you toss in all your ideas, and then through revisions you shave off the junk. Nothing is a masterpiece when it's first put to paper. Ever.
You do realize your comment is completely off topic and honestly has nothing to do with what was written. It would be nice if you finally stopped running around attacking people. He didn't even sad anything about bad writing, so learn to read, before starting another pointless argument.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Apologies, but that's what everyone uses that exact quote from Garland for. Oddly enough though, Garland's quote has literally nothing to do with what you were talking about either. How does Ninja Theory trying to make DmC darker and Capcom asking them to lighten it up a bit have anything to do with Garland talking about preliminary story work on Enslaved...?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Apologies, but that's what everyone uses that exact quote from Garland for. Oddly enough though, Garland's quote has literally nothing to do with what you were talking about either. How does Ninja Theory trying to make DmC darker and Capcom asking them to lighten it up a bit have anything to do with Garland talking about preliminary story work on Enslaved...?
We were just debating on how Capcom milded game down and who was at fault for it: Capcom or fans. So somebody didn't believed me and I posted a prove of it in for of Itsuno's article where he said that they had to slice lot of edgy stuff from the game to not get over 18+ rating. All Domenic said was that it's not surprising since same stuff happened to Enslaved also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom