• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

The series' coexistence is up in the air at best, as far as I can tell. Where are you getting that it's a fact?

Well when they said it's in an alternate universe and won't be canon to the original, I said ok.

When they said they haven't forgotten and are still interested in making DMC 5, I said ok.

The sales of DmC were solid and Capcom stated that. If solid means "acceptable" then I'm guessing that also means it's up in the air if there will be a DmC 2. Ninja Theory said something along the lines of wanting to do a DmC 2 or they hope that "one day" they'll be working on it.

Look at that. There you go again making someone look like they're an idiot.

Sensitive? So now we're talking about feelings? If they wanted people to respect the reboot, then there was no need for all that drama.

You feel that they disrespected you......somehow. You took their "bashing" and "insults" to Dante personally. You even said that they shouldn't have placed Dante next to two homosexuals because that's disrespectful. You never explained HOW it's disrespectful or harmful, you just said it. So yeah, you're in your feelings and it's making you bias.

Also, I'm not making someone look like they're being an idiot. I'm just pointing out that someone should've kept their opinion about how I do things to their self.

Last edited:

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Funny, that's how DmC is to DMC.
I'll believe it when I see DMC5.

Interestingly enough, when I google "DMC5" every result links to a page about DmC. Is this what you were talking about being funny?

Edit - for the record, I'm answering you for everyone else's benefit, since I know you're too scared to answer me seriously. It's probably better for you anyway; don't want you to have a second breakdown on the forums, last time was pretty ugly

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So wait. Everyone's cool with Mighty No. 9 presumably taking over Megaman's fanbase?

Because if you think about it. Wouldn't Mighty No.9 be a Megaman reboot in an alternate universe?
Capcom's not doing anything with MegaMan so Mighty No. 9 is that spiritual successor for all the people (myself included. I'm wearing my MegaMan shirt as we speak) still wanting some more MegaMan.

The Final Offer

Capcom's not doing anything with MegaMan so Mighty No. 9 is that spiritual successor for all the people (myself included. I'm wearing my MegaMan shirt as we speak) still wanting some more MegaMan.

So how come it's fine for people to whore themselves to Mighty No 9 and not whore themselves to DmC?

Would you guys be as accepting of Mighty No 9 if it were called a Megaman reboot/reimaging in an alternate universe?

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
You feel that they disrespected you......somehow. You took their "bashing" and "insults" to Dante personally. You even said that they shouldn't have placed Dante next to two homosexuals because that's disrespectful. You never explained HOW it's disrespectful or harmful, you just said it. So yeah, you're in your feelings and it's making you bias.

Also, I'm not making someone look like they're being an idiot. I'm just pointing out that that someone should've kept their opinion about how I do things to their self.

Again, because it was completely unnecessary. I'm gay myself and normally I don't give a **** about gay jokes but the way NT and Tameem acted towards classic Dante,and outright direspected him, really grinded my gears.
If NT wanted more respect for their version of Dante, then maybe they shouldn't have acted like asses in the first place.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
I'll believe it when I see DMC5.

Interestingly enough, when I google "DMC5" every result links to a page about DmC. Is this what you were talking about being funny?

Edit - for the record, I'm answering you for everyone else's benefit, since I know you're too scared to answer me seriously. It's probably better for you anyway; don't want you to have a second breakdown on the forums, last time was pretty ugly

I told you to ignore him. It's not worth fighting someone who brings up the past over and over again.

The Final Offer

Again, because it was completely unnecessary. I'm gay myself and normally I don't give a **** about gay jokes but the way NT and Tameem acted towards classic Dante,and outright direspected him, really grinded my gears.
If NT wanted more respect for their version of Dante, then maybe they shouldn't have acted like asses in the first place.

They acted a certain way towards classic Dante? By doing what? Give me the sources.

The Final Offer

I told you to ignore him. It's not worth fighting someone who brings up the past over and over again.

You aren't very observant are you?

Each time he posts, he brings up the past. Everytime I post, I let him know why he's wrong. I don't think you're on the right side here. Then again, I don't think I want someone that takes offense when someone attacks a fictional character. WHICHEVER version it may be.

Lol

You guys make it seem like they were attacking you for liking DMC Dante. All they were doing was pointing out why DMC Dante's design won't work with the product they're making.

All in your feelings man! All in your feelings.

Kam

Well he seems to have lost the will to argue, so there's no harm in responding just in case anyone else wanted the information he was asking for. On that note:

They acted a certain way towards classic Dante? By doing what? Give me the sources.
Giving you the sources

Is it still me bringing up the past if you ask us to show it to you first?

Added bonus for everyone else:
This is just one example why nobody has a problem with megaman and MN9 existing at the same time, but fans feel like DmC is beginning to overwrite DMC

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
You guys make it seem like they were attacking you for liking DMC Dante. All they were doing was pointing out why DMC Dante's design won't work with the product they're making.

All in your feelings man! All in your feelings.

They could've used a different example, if they were intending to express their thoughts on Dante's redesign on their product. Not photoshop him in a brokeback mountain scene.

http://i.imgur.com/JcWQFx3.jpg

That was unnecessary.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So how come it's fine for people to whore themselves to Mighty No 9 and not whore themselves to DmC?

Would you guys be as accepting of Mighty No 9 if it were called a Megaman reboot/reimaging in an alternate universe?
I don't see why not. I love MegaMan for its fun side scrolling action platforming. And MegaMan already has many different variations. My personal favorite MegaMan game is MegaMan X followed by MegaMan 2.

Reactions: Kam

The Final Offer

They could've used a different example, if they were intending to express their thoughts on Dante's redesign on their product. Not photoshop him in a brokeback mountain scene.

That was unnecessary.

Oh! So you're not quite understanding why you're wrong for this and have just confirmed my suspicions.

So! You guys have a problem with DMC Dante being placed next to two homosexual cowboys, but are alright with DMC Dante being next to a bunch of straight men?

Holy s*** we're back at square one!

All in your feelings!

Kam

That was unnecessary.
This is basically the big issue, and was the spark that set the hate train in motion again after it had actually started dying down. In a very short span of time, tameem goes on record saying that dante looks ridiculous and would be laughed out of any place he tried to enter. Then he photoshops dante into a scene from brokeback mountain, because apparently he fits so well in there.

Dante would be laughed out of a bar for his looks
Dante looks like a gay cowboy
Gay cowboys look ridiculous, and would be laughed out of bars

Can you imagine trying to be the PR team for this guy? I would probably go insane

The Final Offer

I don't see why not. I love MegaMan for its fun side scrolling action platforming. And MegaMan already has many different variations. My personal favorite MegaMan game is MegaMan X followed by MegaMan 2.

So, DMC hasn't been in the game for a while right? So how come when there's a reboot/reimaging that serves no canon to any of the old. It's immediately shunned?

Dante has many different versions. How come DmC is different?

Kam

dude, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I ****ing love you right now. Megaman X was the best thing ever, and out of the original games, 2 is definitely my favorite (metal blades op) followed by 6 because it was the first one in the series I actually played

edit - love the timing of this topic change too, I literally changed my avatar yesterday

The Final Offer

Dante would be laughed out of a bar for his looks

Gobble gobble.

Lol!

There it is again! Kam's not QUOTING anyone! He's actually saying this himself!

Oh my goodness. All in your feelings.

Now here's another one, it was said that Dante would get laughed out of a bar this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom