• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why I Avoid Platinum

Keaton

Premium
Transformers devastation was priced 35€ at release at least in europe. For this money you get 6 hours game, or 5 hours if you rush it through. Considering this is the length of titles like Onimusha and original Devil may Cry, whole complaint about length is pretty weak.
And while QTE complaint is there + over usage of assets and codes, their game are still nice change of pace from tons of subpar attempts in action genre. After played Vanquish and original Gears of War back to back, its hard for me not to notice that from gameplay feeling it was like playing current gen game and Ps2 title.

Vanquish was a great example of how P* like to have their own take on game formulas, they took a 3rd Person cover based shooter and made it Stylish with over the top action, homing missles, bullet time, rocket powered drop kicks and so on. Bayonetta, Mad Word, Wonderful 101, all the same. Taking spins on genres for a different take, certainly not always a success - but props to them for doing something different.

EDIT: Long story short, everyone should give Vanquish a shot.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It might be 35 euros for you guys but it was a full priced 60 dollar game for us. I'm not sure what the exchange rate of euros to dollars is but I'm pretty sure you guys paid a bit less than we did.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Really makes me question if this a problem of a retailing. BEcause I bought it day 1 on Amazon without any advertisement discounts or anything. Plus in PSN Network it costs 30€. So I really not sure why it was priced for full amount of money.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's the spirit! :D

Be careful though... :sneaky: any dissenting opinions around here will be viewed as threats to the Platinumist State. :bored:

Kojima-visiting-Platinum-Games-5.jpg

Not even the stealthy one himself can match the greatness of our lord and savior, KMYA.

I misspell his name like 'YHWH/Yahweh' because I am not worthy. :nailbiting:

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
*Continues worshiping.*

Seriously though, when are we getting a new big-name action title that isn't over-the-top?
Bloodborne just came out this last year. Tomb Raider also came out last year, Uncharted is just around the corner. If you're talking around the same lines of Cuhrayzee action ala Bayonetta/DMC then I'm usre there are a few on the way, hell, Bloodstained is not long off.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's all I want.

Something crazy, but serious. Just not seriously crazy.

Something along the lines of Muramasa's juggle jubbly physics. I guess that mmo smash bros clone could also be an option...

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's all I want.

Something along the lines of Muramasa's juggle jubbly physics. I guess that mmo smash bros clone could also be an option...
Odin Sphere's release is soon, too, and they've revamped the combat and alot of the game in general. Hell of alot of fun.

The game has been out in Japan for a whole f'ng week, why do I have to wait till June to get mine?

Edit: I think I understand what you mean. You want the action but not the nutty way the worlds carry themselves? Because I agree. I rather liked it in DMC3 but after DMC4 I found it to have overstayed it's welcome. Bayonetta had stablished itself like that so I didn't mind it but I still want something more sincere, like the style DMC1 had, rather than the Yuji Shimomura/Ryuhei Kitamura style they've cemented for the original series. I just don't like it anymore, it gotten too ridiculous and I don't find it as well presented as they managed to pull of in DMC3.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's all I want.

Play Bloodborne if you want something serious and crazy. If you're at all familiar with the Cthulhu mythos it'll take you by surprise.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, fair warning, Bloodborne is not a lovecraftian game in the same way Dark Souls are not Norse games. They use those fundamental elements and basic underlying mythologies to create something like it, but they are not that. There's not Cthulhu, no necronomicon or whatever other Lovecraft stories have, but there's no denying that it's born from that mythology and that the 'cosmic horror' is very present. At first it's more of a gothic horror so expect more Dracula, Wolf Man and other late 19th century horror literature.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, fair warning, Bloodborne is not a lovecraftian game in the same way Dark Souls are not Norse games. They use those fundamental elements and basic underlying mythologies to create something like it, but they are not that. There's not Cthulhu, no necronomicon or whatever other Lovecraft stories have, but there's no denying that it's born from that mythology and that the 'cosmic horror' is very present. At first it's more of a gothic horror so expect more Dracula, Wolf Man and other late 19th century horror literature.

I'm well aware of that, I've beaten the game three times. I said if he was at all familiar that the game would be more interesting, because it draws from that same pool of cosmic intrigue, and the work of minds teetering on madness. You seem to have misinterpreted me as saying "Yes, it is absolutely based on Cthulhu".

Plus one of the levels in the DLC is a damn fishing hamlet. I'm pretty sure that's a blatant "Shadow Over Innsmouth" reference.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm well aware of that, I've beaten the game three times. I said if he was at all familiar that the game would be more interesting, because it draws from that same pool of cosmic intrigue, and the work of minds teetering on madness. You seem to have misinterpreted me as saying "Yes, it is absolutely based on Cthulhu".

Plus one of the levels in the DLC is a damn fishing hamlet. I'm pretty sure that's a blatant "Shadow Over Innsmouth" reference.
Hehe... Hhehehehehe...

I just had this conversation with Innsmouth like a week ago.

Look, you said 'if you're familiar with Cthulhu mythos you're going to be surprised' and I said 'just be aware that while it's very Lovecraftian it's not of the Cthulhu lore, just heavily inspired.' That's not contradicting, that's elaborating further.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
At first it's more of a gothic horror so expect more Dracula, Wolf Man and other late 19th century horror literature.
Well, that's I prefer anyway, so regardless, I'd prefer that over Lovecraft.

Nothing wrong with LC, mind you, but something more Dracula-inspired is still nice to see.

And I'd said I wanted a serious title -- but one with juggle physics, @DreadnoughtDT -- Bloodborne is great, but ultimately I still prefer Darksiders 2 due to its gameplay.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
It might be 35 euros for you guys but it was a full priced 60 dollar game for us. I'm not sure what the exchange rate of euros to dollars is but I'm pretty sure you guys paid a bit less than we did.

35 Euros is around $37 but depends if you mean pounds (UK currency) as £35 would be around $50.

Top Bottom