• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who hates nero!!!!

yes or die?

• yea i hate him!!!!!!!!i want to blow him up with a bazooka!!!!

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • no his really cool i sure want him to be my friend =) (haters attack!!)

Votes: 40 64.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
First off... I have heard a lot better defending comments on Nero Janny ;)

And second off... Devil May Cry is a hack and slash, DARK!!! game, where you are pitted against huge demonic creatures that have the only intention of ripping you apart. It's foul and it is gruesome, and why would they need to add emotion in it? If you think that it having no emotion in the beginning was bad, then why did you play the game? ;) Exactly... You liked it without the emotion... But I'm not saying that you couldn't change, to like the emotion that Nero portrays. But come on... He's going to be all over 5, and we are likely to lose Dante. Who will get more serious later on... And come on... Dante is surely stronger demoniacally... So it's not like they can't do amazing things with his looks in the next one.

My point being... Is Nero is a wannabe... How long is it before he is acting all like Dante in the next games, that you think... Hang on!! We didn't need this guy after all... We had cocky Dante all along ;)

maSu

Sorry but i dont think that most Players only play DMC4 because there was a very cold main-Character without emotions in the Games before...

I didnt play DMC1-3 but i think that Dante had more emotions fighting his Brother (did he?).

And i dont think that Nero will act like Dante after being Maincharacter in some Games! Most Games, Movies, Book, ... tell a Story about a Hero which is not as perfect as he should be to save everything.
Problems are interesting cause you can see how the character is trying to win or save something important. Its interesting to see how some Characters deal with loosing friends or battles.

Only winning is boring. Thats why Nero is interesting to some players who like new things.. ;)

Dante is the old character, but try to think about new possibilities instead of crying, that all new things are "bad" :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Crying? What the hell "pal"?

Here's some advice for you... Play dmc1-3 first... Coz Nero=lame character.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Jesus...stop going around flaming and calling everyone wrong who likes Nero. It's so irratating. Yes, I like Nero, I think he's awesome. And whiney fanboys don't make a difference according to the poll.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Um, dude? You are new, so watch it.

And besides, Nero isn't that great. I can't think of one thing that makes him great.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;111792 said:
Um, dude? You are new, so watch it.

And besides, Nero isn't that great. I can't think of one thing that makes him great.

And your post count makes a different how? This forum is dead anyway. Keep your opinion to yourself.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I never said anything about my post count.

And second off... No I won't :mad:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Leave it out please, both of you. Each to their own opinion - let's not make it personal.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;111795 said:
I never said anything about my post count.

And second off... No I won't :mad:

First, if someone likes Nero, then don't flame and troll; its acutely infuriating. Yes, you like Vergil or Dante more, but plenty of people akin to Nero. And because I’m new, it doesn’t make a difference to my opinion as a poster. I've been a hardcore collector of DMC and the series since it's first installment, and I love Nero, has alot of potential.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, I hardly said a thing and you started to argue with me. Obviously if you have some sort of a problem with me, you should have PM'd me about it.

Well, I don't want to see what potential he has, because that is like saying that Dante and Vergil don't have any more potential, which they certainly do.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante is getting old and the same old guy, Vergil has basically been covered with all basic information apart from the events in DMC4. I don’t have a problem with you; I do how ever have a dilemma with someone who trashes a character around and calls other people inferior for liking him on the poll. If you don’t think Nero has prospective; fair enough, but since I’m studying graphics and animation for gaming, your clearly blinded from being a fanboy…or fangirl…whatever. I’ve probably been a fan longer than you, as much as I love Dante and Vergil, I like Nero equally.
End of discussion.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Whatever the discussion surrounding why Capcom stuck Nero in originally (apparently to entice a wider audience since moving to the XBOX 360 or something of that ilk), I think it is safe to say that Nero cannot be considered an expendable character. Too many questions remain for him to disappear entirely from any future DMC games and I personally think there is plenty more to be found out about him. He certainly raises enough questions that warrant answers, therefore whether people hate him or not (something I still don't understand) if he were to disappear without a trace there would be something of an uproar as to what the hell Capcom are playing at by messing around with the series only to get rid of that particular character without reason.

Personally I reckon Nero serves more purpose than being 360 fodder - he has to have a reason to be. As I've said many times before, declaring hatred for a lead character who, as yet, has a lot hidden about him seems more than a little premature. Dante is established. Vergil is established. Nero is the new kid on the block and there is bound to be some natural snobbery from those who think another Sons of sparda style guy is taking the mick a bit - but I think we ought to give Nero a chance to develop his character instead of assuming he's a rip-off character with no depth and no future. We simply do not know enough to make that cast-iron judgment as yet.

But hey - what do I know, right? I don't even play... ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"If he were to disappear without a trace there would be something of an uproar as to what the hell Capcom are playing at by messing around with the series only to get rid of that particular character without reason."

Just like Vergil ;) What the hell were they doing?

I'll see where Nero has to go... But I assume I will not like what Capcom has in store for us.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angel;111824 said:
Whatever the discussion surrounding why Capcom stuck Nero in originally (apparently to entice a wider audience since moving to the XBOX 360 or something of that ilk), I think it is safe to say that Nero cannot be considered an expendable character. Too many questions remain for him to disappear entirely from any future DMC games and I personally think there is plenty more to be found out about him. He certainly raises enough questions that warrant answers, therefore whether people hate him or not (something I still don't understand) if he were to disappear without a trace there would be something of an uproar as to what the hell Capcom are playing at by messing around with the series only to get rid of that particular character without reason.

Personally I reckon Nero serves more purpose than being 360 fodder - he has to have a reason to be. As I've said many times before, declaring hatred for a lead character who, as yet, has a lot hidden about him seems more than a little premature. Dante is established. Vergil is established. Nero is the new kid on the block and there is bound to be some natural snobbery from those who think another Sons of sparda style guy is taking the mick a bit - but I think we ought to give Nero a chance to develop his character instead of assuming he's a rip-off character with no depth and no future. We simply do not know enough to make that cast-iron judgment as yet.

But hey - what do I know, right? I don't even play... ;)

Well said... :p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think Capcom are smarter than their fans would like to believe :lol:

If they totally screw it up hereon in, I'd be very very surprised...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If Vergil doesn't come back, and they kill off Dante then replace him with Nero -bad move-

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angel;111828 said:
I think Capcom are smarter than their fans would like to believe :lol:

If they totally screw it up hereon in, I'd be very very surprised...

They've progressed too much into the mysteries surrounding Nero to stop now. I'd be extremely confused and a little upset if they took him out of DMC5 and never had anything said about him. I'd personally like him as a protagonist role again alongside Dante. It keeps the series from drying up, especially with a newcomer with alot of potential storywise. I don't want the series getting boring and repetative anytime soon.
Vergil will definatly reappear and Dante will never be kicked out :p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@ LoD - But why would they do that? Is that honestly something you can see happening? I'm not so sure...we are so much in the dark over Nero's origins and history - anything is possible and I wouldn't want to limit Capcom to what seems most feasible. I'd rather see boudaries broken and something completely unexpected occur - like Nero is the physical manifestation of Vergil's good side, hidden for all these years :lol:

Unless the franchise is going to reach an end soon, I don't think Capcom will do anything too dumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom