• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who hates nero!!!!

yes or die?

• yea i hate him!!!!!!!!i want to blow him up with a bazooka!!!!

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • no his really cool i sure want him to be my friend =) (haters attack!!)

Votes: 40 64.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

^ I sadly have to agree with Zato.

Vergil is awesome - has a very eloquent fighting stamina and a graceful and swift elegance and equilibrium in many occasions, but he's kind of dull...

I do hope he suffers a change in DMC5...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Da, don't take it too literally. I didn't mean you were insane, it was just me trying to put across my own opinion, that it's a little far as to say that Vergil was dull.

Nero is :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I will agree with you there... But I still do not see the big fuss over him.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was never fussed about the kid to begin with. I saw what he was and I thought "Big deal" :lol:

Koemi

half-breed
I am okay with him, but will probably like him more if he can switch styles like Dante, can do even more stuff with with his DB, AND can use devil arms.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dante Aseroth;109479 said:
To me Nero is quite original to say the least...I haven't seen a character like him in other games...

I can honestly say I find this funny, when not all that long ago Mr Aseroth here agreed with me that Nero was little more than an Un-Original cross between Vergil and Dante.

Nero is the stock emotional baggage character featured in almost every game that's ever been released, look back and you're certain to find a MASSIVE stock of games that have characters exactly like Nero, emotional baggage, orphaned, fighting for his love, it's so...Overdone.

Sure, almost every character type has been done to death, but look at Nero, it's sort of like...Well. *Takes a HUGE gulp of air.*

It seems that when you've milked a character cliché to it's last sour dribbles, games designers still REFUSE to give it up, I mean, so many games contain that character with so much emotional baggage that you often wonder how the hell they can even walk, but people still seem to latch onto this character, I know I have in the past, but that's only because I was hoping they'd turn into a sullen, hate filled misanthrope who'd climb a clocktower with a sniper rifle in a pretty sharpish manner.

Unfortunatly, this never happened, so I began to, along with about a good 90% of the gaming community, despise this sort of character, the one with emotional baggage is always the character you love to hate, I mean, it's not even Nero's personality, it's just the fact that we've ALL seen how his type of character turns out, either dead or a lovey duvey tree hugger type.

But no matter, every game company seems to think that if you beat a dead horse enough times, it's vague convulsions will give at least some signs of life and will still keep people interested, but that's the thing, it keeps SO FEW people intrigued anymore that many of us still wonder why companies persist with the same, shallow stock characters all the time and...

Sorry, I actually appear to have lost my train of thought...Gah, work kills the mind.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is this, while I don't hate Nero for his personality, I DO hate him for his character design, and so would a significant portion of the gaming community, I certainly know a few people who would agree with me...

I also know one lady dwelling in these forums who would kill for saying Vergil is a dull character. :lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Despite Angelo Credo's argument the poll still favors Nero.:lol:

Almost twice as many people like him at this point. So there:p:p:p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I guess this shows that Dante is getting unpopular,while Nero is getting popular to new fans of Devil May Cry.

I am not a fan of Nero,but I don't hate him.To me,Dante is still cooler than Nero,as he is the real main star of DMC games.Just you guys wait,DMC5 will show that Dante is better than Nero.

Keaton

Premium
If there was a poll about who your fave DMC character is Dante would have a landslide victory followed closely by Virgil then a way off Nero. While a large percent do not hate Nero, this doesn't mean he is more popular than Dante...it just means he is bearable lol.

^__^

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
20 to 10 voters, its official. The poll is a heap of fail.:lol:

2 times the number of people that hate Nero voted that they liked him!!:D:lol:

The Nero haters FAIL!!!

O.K. I am done now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom