• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo

medicated insanity
devilmaycry2 cought a bad rep but before we can determain who liked it we must first explore why ppl dislike it i hve my own reason's for not really likeing it that much beside's the camra anglies an the targeting system an the suck combo's i acttualy liked the game play.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I finally got to play it, and to be honest, its not half bad. I like it better than DMC1. One of the main reasons I liked it was because of its simplicity. I like easier games more than hard ones. This is why I like DMC 2 and DMC4 (which was easier than 3) better than DMC1 and DMC3. I'm not the gamer who prefers difficult challenges. I like to breeze through games.

Also, I like DMC2 because of its gothic theme. DMC series needs more gothic overtones. Also, what is up with the Lucia hating? Lucia was sexy and I loved her accent. And shes a red head....yum. I found her to be a better character than Kyrie (I seriously hate her) and she needs to be in DMC5.

The only thing I didnt like bout DMC2 was Dante's personality.

I also luved Dante's Majin form and Lucia's DT forms.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
But of course, DMC2 has it's good points. It's the storyline and Dante's attitude that ticked off most of us.;)

Keaton

Premium
DMC2 is a fun game, and works as a bridge between 1 and 3 for us.
I picked it up yesterday in my local Games Retail Store for £4.99, DMC1 was there too for the same price...talk about bargin :D

Nero15

Yamato's Own
i liked it. the plot was dry but the game play was amazing. all of the stylish movin, duckin, dodgin ebony and ivoryin, and rebillion. Dante's devil trigger was better as well. The game play of 2 surpassed that of the rest

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Nero15;120923 said:
i liked it. the plot was dry but the game play was amazing. all of the stylish movin, duckin, dodgin ebony and ivoryin, and rebillion. Dante's devil trigger was better as well. The game play of 2 surpassed that of the rest

You can't say it was better than DMC 3.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dante Aseroth;121203 said:
No, It didn't. It was the worst of the Devil May Cry saga.

Dude, respect his (or her) opinion. Didnt you tell me that EXACT same thing? I feel 2 is better than 3 (not 4 though) too. He (or her) gave reasonings for why he liked it. Okay?

Sparda™

Esura;121232 said:
Dude, respect his (or her) opinion. Didnt you tell me that EXACT same thing? I feel 2 is better than 3 (not 4 though) too. He (or her) gave reasonings for why he liked it. Okay?

With the use of some logic. You can't go against the flow, and the flow is that 1,3 and 4 are the best and 2 is the worst.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
DA, every time someone has a different opinion than you, you just come and say that he's probably wrong because most people according to the ratings believe otherwise than him.

Please allow people to have their own opinions. Someone saying that in his opinion Pokemon is better than Devil May Cry may seem stupid/different/whatever in front of you but it is still his opinion and he is free to have it/keep it without the need of someone else telling him that "logicaly" he is wrong. Likes and dislikes have nothing to do with logic, it's kinda like love.

I hope that clears the matter. Please continue about Devil May Cry 2 people.^_^

Keaton

Premium
I personally enjoy the game, admittedly not as much as the others.
However, I feel this game focus's waaaay too much on firepower rather than the skill in combat.

I have A-S ranked all modes on both Discs (took me a while but I enjoy the game), and throughout I found my rank increasing not because of the Swordplay involved but rather my ability to dodge + shoot...which made the game a little boring in places. Afterall, the sheer amount of invincible frames Capcom give you during a Roll/Dodge in DMC2 are substancially higher than that in DMC 3 and 4.

I also feel that the Swordplay was too...predetermined, I rarely felt like I knew what Dante wanted to do next with that 5ft blade in his paws - not that it mattered, but in the latter and heck even in DMC1 you felt a little more incontrol about it all.

There are things that would;ve been nice for them to include in DMC4...ie. the Dodging without Trickster Style...I know that 90pct of the moves Dante pulls in DMC3 are inspired and built upon the ones in DMC2, but the freedom to use another style ie. Royal Guard and also be able toroll about and do backflips (lol) would've been nice imo. ESPECIALLY for Nero in DMC4, afterall he still have buttons on the pad that are unmapped, a roll could've squeezed in somewhere for the kiddo.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, and the Hybrid-Bosses :D

Love Phantom, although I do wonder about how he came to be in this game...after all I thought that Phantom was his name, not his Species...?

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;121423 said:
DA, every time someone has a different opinion than you, you just come and say that he's probably wrong because most people according to the ratings believe otherwise than him.

Please allow people to have their own opinions. Someone saying that in his opinion Pokemon is better than Devil May Cry may seem stupid/different/whatever in front of you but it is still his opinion and he is free to have it/keep it without the need of someone else telling him that "logicaly" he is wrong. Likes and dislikes have nothing to do with logic, it's kinda like love.

I hope that clears the matter. Please continue about Devil May Cry 2 people.^_^

None is insulting the opinion of others.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom