• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What have you bought recently?

Viper

Premium
Yep, that's the usual image of a Brony; the kind who live in the basement with no friends and draw weird fan art and do 'clopping' to sexualized My Little Pony images. I guess that image had to come from somewhere....can't say I've met any though to prove or disprove this.

But speaking of things for children, I went on another doll hunt and bagged a few of those monster dolls on the cheap for my friend's little girl. So, I have a spider girl, a wolf girl and a vampire girl in pink. I wish I'd bought a spare of the vampire one; it's pretty cool looking.
Apparently there are those, just not as many as people think. And before bronies it was the furries and yiffing. Somewhere in between it was the anime girls. Each fandom will have it's share of creeps and those harmless ones who get the heat for it. C'est la vie.

Though those who like ponies have it even worse, cause when a girl likes a pony it's all cool, but when a guy likes a pony, even if he is a bit childish and just likes sparkles and horses as fun animals, it's over for him, so over.

Eh, um, to be on topic... the last I bought couple of days ago was two packs of sauerkraut (good source of vitamin C), a bag of dry lentils and a bag of frozen pommes frites to treat myself.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just placed an impulse order for a load of Carlton Mellick books. I saw he had a new one out so, I ordered that and some of his back catalogue on a whim.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Starbucks, pizza, some of the only face scrub that seems to work on me, more markers, three Harley Quinn comics, a book, and the latest Birthday Massacre cd. *is officially out of her birthday money*

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Apparently there are those, just not as many as people think. And before bronies it was the furries and yiffing. Somewhere in between it was the anime girls. Each fandom will have it's share of creeps and those harmless ones who get the heat for it. C'est la vie.

Though those who like ponies have it even worse, cause when a girl likes a pony it's all cool, but when a guy likes a pony, even if he is a bit childish and just likes sparkles and horses as fun animals, it's over for him, so over.
Not trying to rag on them too much (I mean, I've watched and enjoyed the show as well.) ,but I can't believe there isn't a large community of those people who actually sexualize the horses because there is soooo much of that stuff online. Google search MLP and that will pop up. Visit Rule 34 and it's always on the front page. My brother has written MLP fanfiction, and there's thousands upon thousands of raunchy stories on those sites.

Am I saying they're all like that? No, but there's a bigger majority out there from the looks of it.

I've kinda stopped caring about the show though. I don't regret watching and still think it was a good cartoon, but I'm pretty much done with that. The fandom annoyed me for the most part. They were the biggest problem when it came to this thing. I once had put to them to a higher regard because of the implication of challenging society norms and not to mention the VERY impressive fan content like music. The music scene is massive and also rather talented.

Note: Use of hyperbole incoming. Not everyone's like this!

But there was a lot of them that took all this stuff way too seriously and would get more hostile than anything. You had to be with them or against them it seems. They were just a special breed of fan just because they liked ponies. Anyone who criticized had no right and they played a victim that returned with more hostility. So much for love and tolerate. The catchphrase became the equivalent of "U mad bro?".

Hell, I got assaulted more times than I can count because I never referred to myself as a brony. Not because I was ashamed or anything, but I just didn't see a point. I mean, I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan, but I ain't calling myself a Spidey.

Again, while the rash people that accuse these fans of being all creepy, weird pedophiles or something are wrong and stupid, but being a person who actually dove hardcore in that fandom for a while, I can't defend it that much either.

When it came down to it, how it became such a sensation is still an enigma. Maybe people were starved for the nice entertainment it provided. Maybe it was a great show to push to the forefront in challenging the degree of separation in the cultural conscious. Or just simple a good cartoon blew up because it was that good.

Either way, in the end, it was either you get it, or you don't. Which a lot of fans didn't get. So my opinion of that fandom kinda changed. Of course like I said, not everyone is bad. I met some of my closest friends nowadays through that. I'll never regret being a "brony" I guess. :tongue:

Rarity is still best pony. Think differently you're wrong.

This is still comedy gold.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
  • Finally got that PS4 (whose daunting shadow has haunted my every thought since the DmC:DE/DMC4:SE announcement), plus a free copy of Far Cry 4---so, that's something.
  • Bundled $10 PSN Gift Card---which I utilized to reacquire a digital version of Suikoden II, the unicorn of PSX games.
  • BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - tripping-balls anime sprites, deafening 90's J-Rock, and a character literally named "Ragna the Blood Edge." Fun, fun times ahead.

Tetsuya Azuma

Robot Hunter
This:

MI0000348959.jpg

Top Bottom