• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What got you into DMC?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I played the first DMC as a child, I don't remember how I got it but I did somehow lol...

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
i rented the 4th and i couldn't stand it then i was realy bored so it bought it and it soon became one of the best franchises i had ever experienced:)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
A totally random post by someone on a game forum (don't even recall which forum it was) that was describing Dante's devil trigger. I read gothic game about a man who turns into a devil and decided to check it out. (I do have a thing for the gothic and for demons.) Total luck I ever happened across the post, because by that time DMC2 was already out, and the cover of the game in the UK didn't grab my attention.

After playing DMC2 (which I thought was pretty good) I went and bought DMC1 and my young mind was corrupted forever after.

fon

Crazy Chick
Didn't know about DMC until 3 came out. I was at one of my cousin's birthday parties. Her brother always plays video game and I loved to watch him play them (I wasn't crazy about it at the time though, just looked cool). He had a bunch of his older friends in the room too so it was kinda awkward (note: I was 10 years old and they were 18 or so).

Just my luck, he was playing DMC3. The only thing I remember was watching him play Mission 3 because of Lady in the beginning of the cutscene (and hearing one of his friends yell "That was so badass!" when she burnt the hell prides) and seeing Vergil slice the Grim Reaper. I remember the first enigmas he went against too. He was only shooting them from afar, walking from left to right.

He got a "D" on it but he was probably on normal mode (was when the game first came out).

I don't know why, but the game just stuck to me. A news report on video game violence (lol) came on TV sometime later and I was able to immediately recognize the game and exclaimed "That's the game AD was playing!" because of the Enigmas. Watching my cousin play the game had left some kind of impression on me that made me remember the title for 5 whole years (didn't care about video games in 2006-2008, but I still remembered it). When I finally got a ps2 earlier this year, it was one of the first games I bought, and it is my favorite.

DMC has made my life both for better and for worse (not gonna say why). It was just something that stayed with me.
I don't even know how I remembered the title!
Crap, I feel no nostalgic now.

I think this is why DMC3 holds such a special place in my heart.
It introduced me to the series, and doesn't ever want to leave my mind~

Congratulations to whoever read this far xD

I was searchin for RE4 reviews, and in one of the websites I saw Nero's pic, I thought: what a cool guy, hey look at his sword, what's with that hand. then I bought DMC4.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I thought I had replied to this?! I've just said something similar in another thread, but here goes....

I bought the first game, when it came out for my dad for Christmas that year. I didn't know much about it, but he really prefers first person stuff, so I finished the game *for him - ahem* by boxing day! lol.

I loved DMC 2 - this is when my sad, sad fangirl-ness reared it's ugly head.....and I :wub: the story of 3, but....dare I say it........Dante annoyed me in this game, then by the time 4 came out I was back to being sad, sad pathetic fangirl.

I moved in with my boyfriend between the 3rd and 4th game coming out and I thought I'd haveta change and become a 'grown up' then the 4th game came out and I regressed into fangirl again. I've now just accepted my fate! My interest has gone up and down and since I found this forum I've been hooked again! :D

Edit - Whoa! I just realised how old this thread is! *Dances around in revived thread*

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
I bought the game in feb.2009, I visited a store that was closing down than I saw Nero with his blue arm on the DMC4 Collector's Edition'with artbook', thought then that I have to test this game.. after that I had to buy DMC1,2 and 3.
DMC3 and 4 were the ones I liked most!!!

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
My first DMC was actually DMC 1. Long story short I was 10-11 years old and a 16-17 year old friend was living with my family. Anyways shortly after DMC 1 was released he bought a copy. No exaggeration I thought it was the most badass thing I'd ever laid eyes on. Dante instantly became my favorite video game character. He, my older brother, and I all took turns playing; someones turn was up when they finished a level or died. Using that formula we played that game for HOURS at a time, all the way to the end(I beat Mundus :p). Afterward I bought a PS2 specifically for this game. In the end I'd say it was the style and combat of the game that drew me in, not to mention the smart mouthed badass main character.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
My uncle Mike got me introduced to Devil May Cry when it first came out, and I remember it all so well because I played through the whole game that very night and I've been hooked ever since.

Mandy Chan

Dante!! Whoop Whoop!
Well It was a friend who got me in to it. I accutly watched the Anime 1st and I got totally driving in and hooked. And afterwards I started to play the games.

akumarin

(屮ಠ益ಠ)屮 彡 ┻━┻
gameinformer article on DmC (屮ಠ益ಠ)屮 彡 ┻━┻ my friend kept opening to the exact page dante was on

now i send her a picture text; "dante is eye reaping you.....<3"

but the first time i saw dmc was on deviantart with some pictures by shiiroinekosama...? wattheywerecutek.

Dominus

Don't remember how I first heard about it, but I remember downloading DMC1 gameplay videos in the good old mpg format (from gamespot or ign?) and watching them. I was happy to see an actual good action game with style, so then I bought a PS2 just to play DMC1..

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Well, I never heard of it until I spent the summer with my sister and her boyfriend(when he was her boyfriend at the time) in Texas. We'd gone to a Gamestop and he bought DMC3: Special Edition. THat is what got me into the series. :p

Angel of Death

Well, what got me into here was after i playe DMC4. i got interested and tried to seek out any dmc forums; and i landed here. Great story, isn't it?

Top Bottom