• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What got you into DMC?

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
played dmc 1 back when i was twelve (2001 ish). stopped playing when dmc 2 came out and ignored the franchise ever since.

until 2005, i didn't know dmc 3 came out and then i watched my brother played it because he told me i won't be disappointed.

i wasn't disappointed.....but now i am.....because of dmc 4 and what else

Reanbell

Your very own star
ACTUALLY FUNNY THING, I played a DMC1 demo... that's right DEMO that came with a copy of another game, though I can't quite remember which game that was. I didn't know it was the first Devil May Cry at the time, so I ended up buying DMC3 by mistake. Though playing the game wasn't a mistake, I remember how challenging and fun it was for me the first time. I got into the others because of that. :D

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Reanbell;302366 said:
ACTUALLY FUNNY THING, I played a DMC1 demo... that's right DEMO that came with a copy of another game, though I can't quite remember which game that was. I didn't know it was the first Devil May Cry at the time, so I ended up buying DMC3 by mistake. Though playing the game wasn't a mistake, I remember how challenging and fun it was for me the first time. I got into the others because of that. :D

I bought DMC3 on a whim. I heard the series was good, and loved the challenge it gave me. I always wanted to check out the games since I was young, and then... Yeah. This geek finds no crushes, but is in love with getting crushed by the difficulty.

Reanbell

Your very own star
NuclearHammer;302412 said:
I've been DMC fan ever since i played DMC 1 demo that came with Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

YES that was the game it came with, thank you, lol. :lol:

This geek finds no crushes, but is in love with getting crushed by the difficulty.

I like this quote. I think it's accurate to my life. :D

The Dark Knight Sparda

The Legendary Dark Knight
i once saw some gameplay of DMC1 and i loved it but soonly forgot the name of it and couldn't find the game back, then a few years later i played DMC3 with a friend, unfortunately i forgot the name again and lost track of that friend; then finnaly a few years after that i played the 4th and did NOT forget the name and bought DMC3 :)

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Definitely, one friend of mine. He had DMC4, and let me install in my pc. I cleared the PC, and made no backup. 1 year later, I bought DMC3 for PC, and then I bought DMC4 again. ^_^

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
I remembered watching my bro playing devil may cry 3 but somehow my memory twisted that and made me look for devil may cry 4.and thats what im playing now.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Believe it or not, I cared less for DMC 6 months ago. But one of my friends kept insisting I play DMC 4. So he bribed me to play DMC 4. LoL. I agreed to play if he shut up and left me alone. (Didn't even ask for money, but . he gave me money anyway). Took about 5 minutes into the tutorial to get me hooked. So here I is. :D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
i saw the box in GameStop...it looked badass, then i start seeing manga & guides EVERYWHERE!! so i memorized the guide for DMC3, bought it, got everything (almost, couldn't do a secret mission with Vergil >.<), and now I'm the raving lunatic i am today :D

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I remember playing the first game (after DMC2) and that it creeped me out. It reminded me of playing the first Silent Hill. ^_^ I was wondering why DMC2 hadn't gone down any of the roads DMC1 did, wandering about in the dark castle when everything's changed positions or having to go into Hell which was disgusting and awesome. DMC2 had a vague creepy vibe to it which got me into it all, I think. But going from that to DMC1 in that order was a pleasure and not a let-down.

itsssloki

Schmoto dragon
I saw the trailer for the first DMC game and I immediately was like, "O_O must get!" but that was back in 2001 and I was way too young to purchase a rated M game. So my mother had to buy it for me XD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
2001 my friend let me borrow dmc1 and i never beat it. it was too hard at the time. Got DMC2 the day of and loved it. Bought dmc3 and fell more in love with the style and epic fight scenes. Most of the fight scenes are better than the fight scenes in todays movies. (vergil's intro fight..... OMG...so sick) Bought #4 a little late and i cant wait for DmC :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh no wait, I remember the real reason I got into Devil May Cry. Dante showed up on my doorstep, he raised Ebony to my head and held a copy of the game in his left hand. He threw it towards me and I caught it. Still holding the gun to my head he said "Hey kid, play this" and pulled the trigger. I awoke in a hospital bed with a TV at my side and a Playstation 2 available to play the game on.

Completely true story, except the lie...

Top Bottom