• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What got you into DMC?

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
When I saw the cover, looking at the new releases years ago. It had a white hair guy on the front that looked like this book character I was (still am) obsessed with, read the back, told my bro, he said he heard that it was awesome and then I bought it. Then I got obsessed with Dante…

I know they say don’t judge a book by its cover, but to be honest I wouldn’t have bought that book or DMC if it weren’t for the cover XD

Just as well, it got me out of my RPG rut.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
My boyfriend bought DMC 2 and was playing it one day and I watched while he played it and I liked it and so I decided to play it and I had so much fun so I went and bought DMC 1 and 3 off of ebay and later DMC 4.
My boyfriend has introduced me to quite a few video games.

MilkmyDragon

Well it sure isn't going to milk itself...
Well several years ago, me and my best friend were running back from basketball practice,it was late at night and was raining a lot, so we went into an underground passage, there was nobody to be seen other then an old guy that was selling video games and movies (in my country we more or less only buy pirated games, even our consoles come pre-hacked), well anyway since we had nothing better to do, we started browsing through his games, when a single game caught my eye, even the cover looked unlike anything I had ever seen, right then and there I knew I had to have it, so me and my friend emptied our pockets to find out that we had the exact amount it costed, so we rushed back to my friends place, and put the game in his ps2, and we played it the whole night until we completed it, and that was when I knew that I had just played the best game in the history of man, yes that game was DMC3 SE!
Anyway later I played DMC 1,2 and 4 , and fell in love with the DMC franchise, but I always tend to think of it as fate that brought me and DMC together.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Well several years ago, me and my best friend were running back from basketball practice,it was late at night and was raining a lot, so we went into an underground passage, there was nobody to be seen other then an old guy that was selling video games and movies (in my country we more or less only buy pirated games, even our consoles come pre-hacked), well anyway since we had nothing better to do, we started browsing through his games, when a single game caught my eye, even the cover looked unlike anything I had ever seen, right then and there I knew I had to have it, so me and my friend emptied our pockets to find out that we had the exact amount it costed, so we rushed back to my friends place, and put the game in his ps2, and we played it the whole night until we completed it, and that was when I knew that I had just played the best game in the history of man, yes that game was DMC3 SE!
Anyway later I played DMC 1,2 and 4 , and fell in love with the DMC franchise, but I always tend to think of it as fate that brought me and DMC together.
dude in which country do u live i got the same system here to.Loved ur story :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I got into dmc by randomly watching the ending for 3 on YouTube and ended play 2 early junior year and managing to beat 3 a year later.
I think that's my favorite and the only great story in the series to me so far.

berto

I Saw the Devil
When I was growing up having a Nintedo was a luxery, they were very expencive and you couldn't buy them in my home town. People who had them had family in the U.S. or were wealthy enough to get one so my Nintendo lasted me till well into the PS1's life cycle. When I was in college I studies 3D animation and me and my friends would go into Japanese developer sites and check out trailers. The PS2 had been around for a bit now and all the games were looking pretty amazing compaired to the PS1's library. While checking out Capcom's page we ran into Onimusha and were gacking at the opening cinematic I pulled away and went back to my desk to see if there was anything else on that page. I found the DMC page and started streaming the trailers which made no sence to me, how were you supposed to play this game? How do you aim? Who could possibly react fast enough to this game? It was nuts!

It wan't till years later that I had a job and was finally able to move out on my own that I was able to afford a PS2 and I went mad with used games, Kingdom Hearts, Onimusha, Oni, some others I can't even remember. By that time I had completly forgotten what that game I saw on capcoms website was called but I manage to find it and when I started playing I had never been so awed. Getting impailed and rising from the ground like a creature of darkness, the lava spider that crashed through the window, the firey gaunlets, the battle trough the cosmos. I mean, wow!

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Myth Busters, they helped CAPCOM promote a live action Devil May Cry commercial for the game. And myth busters has the only real Alastor sword, it's awesome. I think that CAPCOM gave it to them for helping them out.

But, I couldn't tell you why I got into the series.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think that they might've actually made it themseves. Mythbusters seem to be huge fans and every now and then you can spot Alastor in their wall at the shop.

thesleepless

My friends gave me a look at Truestyle Tournament Combo Videos and I was like: Holy Crap the combat system has nothing on God of War! The same day I got the first DMC and went apeshit on it, and as I was used to GoW's combat system I spent the first few days dying without end. Sadly 2 did not live up to my expectations and I gave up on the 2nd mission.
As an added side effect after playing through 1, 3 and 4 my Gow playstyle changed completely; now I automatically launch enemies into the air and finish em off without using the QTEs.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The reasons I got into DMC:
1. Dante's name. (I have always thought the name "Dante" is just a great name)
2. The fact that he is a half demon, half human dude hunting demons. (Enough said)
3. He kills demons with two hand guns in beyond better Matrix style.
4. He has white hair and a long trench coat.
5. He has access to a full demon form.
6. Later when DMC3 game out and I found out Vergil was his twin brother. (Twin demon/human brothers kicking butt! Enough said)
Devil May Cry 1 was my first DMC game, and ever since I've been hooked.

Top Bottom