• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What got you into DMC?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi. (i dunno if this is in the right thread...)
Just wanted to know...
I saw the E3 trailer for DMC3 and thought WWWOOOOWWWW! *DROOLS* Thats what started me on the series.
(Also because of Vergil :D)
Which means i started the series at number three and was playing the original DMC in between.

(I gathered what the series was about though.)

Tramendium

Me too DMC3 was my first DMC that i played i remembered having review on first DMC when i was kid i remembered Dante's name but i didn't know that game was Devil May Cry, the game was great in first place and when i one day looked in some news about games i saw... well that is my story on what got me into DMC.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
This thread has existed before, but I think it has died. Not sure though.
My ex boyfriend got me into DMC. Long story....

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante's dark and occasionally aggresive personality in DMC1. One of the most epic stories I will probably ever see outside of a MGS game.

Tramendium

darth_angelo45;186035 said:
Dante's dark and occasionally aggresive personality in DMC1. One of the most epic stories I will probably ever see outside of a MGS game.

Hope that personality will be back in DMC5 more intense and improved.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Chapter 1 - I saw the owner of a game shop playing Devil May Cry in a shopping mall on 2001.

Chapter 2 - I was impressed with the graphics, gameplay, environment, soundtrack, and most of all, how cool Dante is.

Chapter 3 - I saved money to buy a PS2, solely to play DMC, FFX, KH, and etc.

Chapter 4 - I sold most of my VCD collection, and my beloved PS1. (Bye bye, my beloved PS1...)

Chapter 5 - I bought PS2, and the first PS2 game I played is Devil May Cry.

Chapter 6 - I enjoyed the game very much, and made sure that I will never sell the game, along with other titles.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
One of the first games I bought for the PlayStation 2 was Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. It came with a demo of DMC. I played it, enjoyed it, and then went and bought the game. :)

Meg

i saw a preview for DMC3 in PSM. I thought it looked cool so i bought the first DMC.

AzuleSasuano0889

i aint get a ps2 till bout a yr an half aftyer it came out but my best friend got 1 4 christmas so i was always over his house playin cuz he had marvel vs capcom 2 which 2 dis date is my fav fighting game but 1 day his cousin got him this devil may cry 2 as a gift my friend already had played an sold number 1 he told me bout it but only ps2 game i cared bout at da time was kingdom hearts but i remeber fondly we stayed up all nite 1 nite an he went 2 sleep 1st an i decided 2 pop in this "Devil May Cry 2" b4 i go 2 sleep an much 2 my surprise i loved it i mean i watched da opening like dis looks kinda gud but i dunno den i started playin an was like wow guns an sword an this strange devil trigger i lo ve it i remember playn it till i had 2 leave his house dat sunday nite cuz schol monday but da story gameplay weapons all drew me slowly an i had 2 find out more bout it finally i got me a ps2 an got both 1 an 2 as my 1st ps2 game well an kingdom hearts i remember i didnt wanna go 2 work or schol 4 months i jus wanted 2 play dmc i was on devil may cry 4 bout 4 months b4 i even went an got any othher games ahh gud times

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
My friend told me about DMC and I liked the concept, so I borrowed DMC 1 from him, and did the first couple of levels, then bought it. Completed it, bought DMC3:SE for the PS2, then DMC2, then DMC3 for the PS2, then DMC3:SE for PC and finally DMC4+bonus disc for the PC.

It's a great story, great character, etc.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
When I first saw a DMC preview video I got very impressed with the way dante mixed swords with guns and the way he "defied" gravity while shooting in the air. That made me buy DMC in the first day of release. Then, when I started playing it, the dark story made me love it even more. Until I saw dante using his DT, it was then I became a true fan of the series.

Nishiva

Living in my little world
Well.. It all started before DMC3 was coming out. I checked the official site and fell in love with the background music!

After that I checked out the fightingstyles.. and trailers.

The first thing going through my mind after checking the fightingstyles: "WICKED."

Lithyia

The Last Goodbye~
*Yay storytime :3...*
Well I actually saw something about DMC4 last year on Xplay on the G4 channel (or w/e they call it now). And then a few months back this year the game series in general just popped up with some person I was talking to. I think I was looking for some new games to play besides Resident Evil

So like 2 months ago I went to Gamestop cuz they were having some sale so I thought I'd look around. I was out buying ice cream so it was nearby xD. And looking through the Ps2 games I stumbled upon DMC, then decided to buy it since it was only like 6 bucks. I found DMC2 and DMC:SE, and figured I'm saving money rather than getting them all off amazon and waiting.
Soo blah blah blah, I was instantly hooked and beated all 3 within the summer, it was awesome. I actually didn't care for Vergil at first (gasp i know) cuz I thought he was a jerk xDD. But then after a while when I unlocked him I was like "..hey he's not that bad when he's not being mean" So I still have yet to play DMC4 *has no ps3/xbox ._.)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Oh okay, I will tell the story again....lol.
I had never heard of Devil May Cry, until I went to college for the first time in the spring of '06 (The term that starts in January). I had a math class at 9:15 in the morning. I was like one of the first ones in that classroom so I got observe everyone who came in after me, (something I do, that helps me with characteriztion in my writing. I recommend it to all sleathy writers. I mean Harriet, the spy had the right idea....) So this really cute guy walks in with a girl, who I later found out was his sister, but anyway I am instantly attracted to him. So I write in my mental notebook- Cute Italian looking guy. nicely bulit. clearly doesn't want to be here, especially not at 9:15 in the morning.
This young man and I starting dating a few weeks later. He was really obessed with Devil May Cry. I mean really obessed. He owned all of the games. including both Devil May Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. Plus he had a t-shirt, with Dante on it, that said "Rebellion hath spoken." He even dressed as Dante for Halloween. He got me into it, too. I think as I fell in love with him, I noticed all these similarities between him and Dante. Which made me only love him more, cause I was already a Dante fangirl. I was from the moment he first showed me the games. Well anyway after we broke up, I continued to like DMC. And I still do.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I have no idea what actually provoked me to play it, but after I got bored with RE4 (I never played a DMC game til after RE4. Sorry.) I wanted to try something new and kept seeing ads for DMC3: Dante's Awakening. Rented it, and ate probably a whole bag of chips while playing it. That's just how good it was.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Trish67;186681 said:
Oh okay, I will tell the story again....lol.
I had never heard of Devil May Cry, until I went to college for the first time in the spring of '06 (The term that starts in January). I had a math class at 9:15 in the morning. I was like one of the first ones in that classroom so I got observe everyone who came in after me, (something I do, that helps me with characteriztion in my writing. I recommend it to all sleathy writers. I mean Harriet, the spy had the right idea....) So this really cute guy walks in with a girl, who I later found out was his sister, but anyway I am instantly attracted to him. So I write in my mental notebook- Cute Italian looking guy. nicely bulit. clearly doesn't want to be here, especially not at 9:15 in the morning.
This young man and I starting dating a few weeks later. He was really obessed with Devil May Cry. I mean really obessed. He owned all of the games. including both Devil May Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. Plus he had a t-shirt, with Dante on it, that said "Rebellion hath spoken." He even dressed as Dante for Halloween. He got me into it, too. I think as I fell in love with him, I noticed all these similarities between him and Dante. Which made me only love him more, cause I was already a Dante fangirl. I was from the moment he first showed me the games. Well anyway after we broke up, I continued to like DMC. And I still do.

Heh, I know what you mean about the writer thing. I think we have a different perspective on things than other people, and it sometimes freaks them out, lol. Anyway. I WANT THAT SHIRT!!! LOL!

I got into DMC after mutilating my brother's monthly gamer magazine, and stumbling upon an article about the DMC universe, with a very young and hot Dante with his feet up on his desk (commonly known as the Dante-pose). No, I didn't read the article, I wasn't into any games except Sims back then. I just drooled and lusted after the picture, because I have a long lasting obsession with blonde guys and blue eyes. I remember storing the name of the game in my head, though, and a few months later one of my friends just so happened to mention they have the fourth edition of the game out. So I went and bought DMC 4. I wanted to get it in order, DMC 1 and so on, but DMC 4 is the only game that's both PSP and XBox - and I've only got Xbox.

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
My childhood love (now boyfriend) and I used to take turns beating the first one. <3 I saw Dante and was amazed by him.

I had to have DMC2. So here I am now, at 4 (soon the new DmC) and still in love with the game. <3

Top Bottom