• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What got you into DMC?

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
What got me into DmC?
1) The plot... I just love the idea of demon becoming demon-slayers!
2) The design of the Characters... Dante and Vergil looks sooo cool!
3) Game-play... Definitely one of the best RPG game-play ever create!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I could tell that my enter intro DMC was influenced by my friends in Gymnasium. Everyone just talked about that game, and that maded me to buy first console what we had in house : PS 2

RemorsefulVergil

I got into it after the first game was released and about a year after i picked it up but then i was young and had no patience so stopped playing it when i got stuck in liek the third mission and then after a few months i stuck it on again and loved it ever since:)

Keyur

I didnt know what the hack is DMC. One day I went to shop and asked as usual about games. Not a single game was released which I wanted. While searching I got DMC3 CD - "lets buy it - better than nothing. It should be hacking and slashing game so gonna be fun." Installed it and first intro of DMC3 - crap(unrealistic for me-bit too much). Finished game and understood it was really good game with awesome story and those unrealistic moves give justice to game^^ :)
DMC4 released- bought straight away and now playing again with community.

extra life

live dt demonstration
easy: devil may cry 4 dx9 demo,got it from a magazine,the one where you go from fortuna castle gate straight to berial. i never ever cared for any demo anough to buy it,but dmc4 was just.. something i couldn't stop playing. there were no upgrades and berial was,seams to me on a son of sparda difficulty as i died a lot and killed a little and i was just a beginner.. when i bought the full game,i realised berial's attacks are far less damaging but i was also disapointed afterwords by the puzzle and a castle being a plain house rather then a battlefield. i was hoping you could get into that area behind the castle after the berial fight is over where there would be more things like frosts waiting. and due to all that backtracking.. no,not the backtracking,the size of the playing field when being nero which was basicaly just wondering around the castle,i felt disapointed. something i haven't felt when i got dmc3 se afterwards. so yeah,my first experience with dmc was nero : D .. looking at the demo,the final product does seam a bit rushed. after going through that magical time of getting to know devil may cry,number 4 just seams as it didn't gave all it got. seeing the performance test,there were a lot of questions like what is that blue light behind nero,dante was just..wow,didn't even knew who dante is lol but in the end,when i got the answers,it felt the fun was over too soon. and thats about it.. it is still fun to play and i can proudly say my playtime counter almost reached the 99's lol

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I went at a friend's place and he was playing DMC 3 so I fell in love with the game...it was almost like a love at first sight. That night I could not even sleep well because I wanted to play the game so much, I kept thinking about the game.
I decided to play DMC from its very beginning then finally reached DMC 3 and I fell in love with Dante...
Later DMC 4 was released and I played it because I love the game and the main character a lot.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread 0_0.

I got into DMC from a DMC 3 trailer from a demo disc given out by the official playstation magazine. After I saw it I pretty much forgot about it :p. When I was in a game shop with my Mum I saw DMC 1 and remembered the trailer for 3, so I asked her to get me it. I played it, and loved it. the following Christmas I got DMC 2 (this was around 2004). Then the following easter I got DMC3 :D.

Viewtiful-Dave

Devil Slayer
Basically I had stopped playing video games until one day a friend of mine came over with 2 games, the first being Soul Reaver 2 and the second being Devil May Cry. It was instant love no lie, I don't think we stopped playing until we beat it...I had never actually thought a video game character was cool before (other than the way they looked) until Dante. The day after I played and finished DMC 1 went out and bought DMC2 which I believe had just came out and pretty much the same thing, stayed up all day and night until I finished it.

ZeroLove

I played Devil May Cry 3 at a friend's house and though it looked cool, so I bought a copy of my own and I've loved it ever since. :D

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
my friend has strict parents that wont let him play over aged games so he gave me them and one was devil may cry i liked it so much i wanted 2 and 3

Dante47

The first game caught my eye. I was eagerly awaiting Resident Evil 4, and I was surprised to see the release of Devil May Cry. Been hooked ever since.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
I had played Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and that was when I encountered the Devil May Cry1 demo.

HateU

Le bystander
gameplay for dmc1 intrigued me. i wasn't too fond of the storyline....didn't like trish.....but dante was cool. dmc 2 had its ups and down. i focused soley on gameplay until dmc 3 came out.....it made me liked dmc even more. dmc 3 saved my interest in this series. dmc 4 made me focus once again on gameplay. i didn't like storyline. i appreciate dante......not the rebooted one though.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

First i would like to say that DMC3SP was the first game in the series that i played after beating it i turned my attention to the others: so....
What got me in to DMC? simple DMC3 did that... now D*C is getting me out.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
What got me into DmC?
1) The plot... I just love the idea of demon becoming demon-slayers!
2) The design of the Characters... Dante and Vergil looks sooo cool!
3) Game-play... Definitely one of the best RPG game-play ever create!

LOL you got one big sign there

@Zaiachi a correction there it isn't light its LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT XD

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
For me, playing DMC was actually a spur of a moment thing. I wasn't much of a gamer back then when I was younger. Always just watched my brother play the games. But then at some point I was like...I really wanted to play something. So just flipping over the disc cases, saw DMC and popped it in the PS2. Next thing I know...it was love.

The story was really good, the protagonist was hot (fangirl and all) but aside from that he seemed a bit different from the other protagonists around. I loved the weapons that it had, the fact you can swim and had to fight underwater was fun too. Plus the demon hunting thing and him being part demon just struck me as something good back then. I loved devils. xD

So really...this game...filled my dark soul with light. XD

LeJuice

Now that I think about it... I don't know.
I don't even remember buying Devil May Cry (1),
I reckon somebody lent it to me like 8 years ago, maybe even 9.
I remember where i acquired each one of over 100 video games
but this is a very special case it seems. I know when and where I acquired the 3rd title,
I never intended to put my hands on the 2nd one..
I think I remember now, a friend named "René" gave me this game along with the first Dragonball Budokai in 2003.
Wow! <.< Been a long time..
now I'm waiting for my HD delivery in April

berto

I Saw the Devil
My story is short but moving. It is a tale of a boy who was struggling in school on a cold rainy day. Him and his friends desided to go check the capcom page in japan and saw the DMC trailer. The end.

Top Bottom