• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Final Approach.
Man, some people haaate this show. I don't get it, I had so much fun with this. Zexcs might not be a prestigious studio, considering they mostly work with visual novels and light novels, but they at least have fun with the material, even if it is crap. Seriously, a mystery lady halo jumps from a military chopper through his bedroom window, and he has to marry her because the government said so, or he will be going to jail if he doesn't, and then the men in black come in and set up a massive telecommunications network in his house. How is this not fun?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Going to watch Wonder Woman later today at the cinema - can't wait! Also, that Bad Moms film turned up on Amazon Prime/Video recently and it looks funny so... maybe that too?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Lockout.
I love this movie. I don't think I've ever liked Guy Pearce in a movie before this one.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
I enjoyed this. The characters are fun and consistent, and the events are entertaining, but it's not as spectacular as some are making it out to be. Some people are singing to the moon about this show, and I can't quite meet them on that level. The writing is simple and fun enough to prevent hole picking, but the romance doesn't really move forward, so I'm not exactly biting my britches to jump to the next episode. It doesn't help that it ends about a third or so into the manga, and a second season is not in the cards, so there's no proper conclusion. I'd watch a second season totally, but it's not solid gold. It gets a 7.5 from me.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It's been years (like over a decade), so it just seemed like the right time to revisit it. ^^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I shot over 12 minutes of my friend playing basketball so im waching it for specific shots to be used in a commercial.

I think i might scrap it and refilm it or do another shoot and film some new footage. That's gonna be on the weekend tho but i got another film idea lined up.

decisions decisions.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished the English dub of K: Missing Kings. So much easier to enjoy all the action this time around, since I didn't have to read subs simultaneously. I wonder if the series is going to continue, or if they're intending on another movie to wrap things up? Either way, it feels like they have more planned for it, given how open they left things. If so--huzzah! :thumbsup:

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Just finished the English dub of K: Missing Kings. So much easier to enjoy all the action this time around, since I didn't have to read subs simultaneously. I wonder if the series is going to continue, or if they're intending on another movie to wrap things up? Either way, it feels like they have more planned for it, given how open they left things. If so--huzzah! :thumbsup:
Return of Kings came out in 2015 but still no word if an english dub is in the works as far as I know.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Sleeping Beauty.

Apparently, that hectic and furious Dragon Fight Sequence was handled by a guy who had fought as a fighter pilot in World War II. That explains a lot, actually...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Caution: this clip has been said and proven to have turned some people's hair white in terror.

This explains a ton about my own culture and how it came to be so...rigid.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"War in the Pocket"
A six episode spin-off to celebrate ten years of Gundam, while also giving a different perspective on the franchise. I'd deffinately recommend it, even to people who aren't fans of mecha series. :thumbsup:

The show focuses not on the giant robot fights, but a bunch of kids who are caught up in the war instead. It really goes to deconstruct how war/soldiers are seen as glorious as people on both sides of the conflict are seen as sympathetic and you really get a terrible feeling as the final battle rages on in what's a pointless fight.

The final line spoken by one of the ignorant school kids as the fighting has ended really sums up the show.
"Don't cry, Al. Soon there'll be an even bigger war with even cooler mobile suits!"

Top Bottom