• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Not right now, but I was watching Batman: Bad Blood. I love how, despite not knowing beforehand he was in it, I always, always know when I hear Travis Willingham.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Mr. Bean the animated series.
That's a thing?

Anyway. I just finished binge watching Little Witch Academia. I love the Mexican cast, specially Ako. The show is great fun. I'm going to see if my kid sister is interested.

Too bad now I have to wait for the next season to start.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm watching Being Human series 5 ep 3.

It's funny how close Tom and Hal are considering a series ago they were itching to kill each other. I wish they had a few more series together (maybe there could be another Being human remake).

Tom/Hal/Alex were my peeps.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So for the sake of completion, I marathoned the lowest rated TV series in the Digimon franchise - "Xros Wars: The Young Hunters who Leapt through Time", the sequel to 2010's "Digimon: Xros Wars".

Despite the title, the Hunters do not time travel at all sadly. But nevertheless, despite being the so-called "worst entry" it wasn't too bad. Maybe I've just got used to seeing garbage anime that a "meh" series like Hunters looks good in comparison. It was certainly a massive step down from the original "Xros Wars" and even could be argued to be an unnecessary sequel since 90% of the show is just "Monster of the Week" that doesn't lead anywhere. When the plot finally kicks in during the last four episodes, it's about a bland generic doomsday monster that wants to destroy the world yada yada yada. Even the hero was nothing more than a static shonen hero who had a personality as deep as a puddle. There were some genuinely good moments, mostly whenever the plot focused on a returning character from the original show.

All in all, I can definitely see why it's called the worst, but I don't have quite the hate I've seen others throw at this show. Mostly I see it as a forgettable sequel that had some good ideas but flopped on the execution.

Top Bottom