• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
PIXECT-20180214180130_zpsbsajisul.jpg

Valentine's Day tends to be a pretty divisive holiday. I don't mind it though, now I can tear through these two packs of Red Velvet Oreos without being judged because I'm being festive.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It was Valentines Day? o_O No wonder traffic was so stupid in the hub the other day! What is WRONG with people? Couldn't they just stay home and off the street? Would have made my life much easier that night!

Look at me, ranting about something that happened in the past. It didn't really bother me that much, anyway. It was extra time away from the kids by myself. As awful as it is dealing with stupid drivers, the traffic did give me at least another 20 minutes of 'freedom'.

Also, Saturday nights will need to be the dedicated night for sleep aid. I was dangerously sleepy behind the wheel today. Not cool when you've got a car loaded with little kids, aite.
Plus, I'll be working Sat afternoons with kiddies starting this weekend.
Which means Sat night is the only night I'll actually be able to sleep well.
Oi.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Been reading Volume 1 of "Golden Kamuy" today. Since it's Viz, there's always something with the translation I gotta gripe about. :tongue:

This time it's the usage of archaic units of measurement. I'm always a proponent of using as few translator notes as possible so when I see multiple notes on one page describing the what the various units would mean today. And I'm just left thinking, why not just use the modern units? Leaving in the original units doesn't really add anything to the story and the multiple TNs just keep breaking my immersion. :unsure:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I'm conflicted. I want to watch The IT Crowd, but apparently Graham Linehan wrote it, and he's tweeted some pretty douchey things.

I realize that's extremely petty to not watch something over someone's tweets, but my mind refuses to move on from that even though I know I should.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Don't mix gin and beet juice. There's not a lot gin goes well with, and beet juice masks the old paint stripper well. Too well. Learning the hard way, so you don't have to.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So glad that the long weekend is almost here. It'll be nice, having that extra day to sleep in. :sleep:

+Seems we lucked out. While everyone else and their kids appear to have the flu, kiddo (so far) just has an annoyingly-persistent cold. As long as she doesn't develop a fever and the aches and pains, we're good.

++I really, really want my cover art.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Yurbuds are the worst invention in human history.

Remember how that Oppenheimer guy regretted his bomb stuff? I hope whoever invented Yurbuds realizes the terror they have created.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So...turns out it's a good thing my neighbors rudely woke me up after 3hrs of sleep: Stilts is having a hard time breathing and is sneezing everywhere. Of to the kitty doctor we run. :S -worried-

Edit: Turns out it's a respiratory infection. He got some antibiotics and should be okay in a couple days.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel like a chump because i gave up on watching Devilman Crybaby around episode 5.

I'm not sure why, maybe its my mood?

oh well.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The collector's edition of ADSoM is so frigging pretty. I don't usually get doubles of books (I've only done it one other time), but I couldn't resist this time. Also love how one of the fan arts I faved of Kell a while ago was included on the inside cover. :happy:

+So many coming out this year. And me not being a millionaire... :'( Though honestly, I don't think I'd be comfortable with that much money, anyway...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
They're turning my favourite historical-thriller manga into an anime? Count me in!!!

For those curious, the synopsis is as follows:
In the early twentieth century, Russo-Japanese War veteran Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto scratches out a meager existence during the postwar gold rush on the wild frontier of Hokkaido. When he stumbles across a map to a fortune in hidden Ainu gold, he sets off on a treacherous quest to find it. But Sugimoto is not the only interested party, and everyone who knows about the gold will kill to possess it! Faced with the harsh conditions of the northern wilderness, ruthless criminals and rogue Japanese soldiers, Sugimoto will need all his skills and luck—and the help of an Ainu girl named Asirpa—to survive

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm reading the Thor Ragnorok script I downloaded from Disney a few months ago.

The dialogue feels off. It's funny but feels too pedestrian- a bit too human.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
To quote Otacon: "This is just like one of my Japanese animes!"

Record-Setting Teenager Achieves the Dream of ‘A Place Further Than The Universe’

A Place Further Than The Universe is one of winter 2018’s stand out shows that features a group of teenage girls working to join an expedition to Antartica. The anime has received praise for its art direction and character interaction, but some fans think teenagers heading to the Arctic is a tad too unbelievable, even by anime standards. But, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

Very inspiring tale of a young lady achieving her dreams. :thumbsup:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
For the next 24 hours or so, Mirror's Edge Catalyst will only be five dollars on PSN.

I highly recommend it. Give this game a shot.

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Have you ever read a book and left your whole body aching for more once you finished reading it? Well, I have and it's gods damned frustrating!! I could say that's a mark of a good book. However, that not going to make it any less frustrating. Got to read the second book to see how it all ends.

Now I'm in a mood for writing. lol +_+

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Minding my own business, zoning out while doing puzzles, and my brain randomly shrieks "SHE WAS A GHOST ALL ALONG". I...WHO??? Who was a ghost??? Who is she??? Why are you yelling???

+ I hope we get the humidifier soon. Stilts seems like he's doing a bit better, but it might help even more.

Top Bottom