• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, that was disappointing in so many ways.

So, I've talked about how the director's cut of The Exorcist 3 was finally being released and I got my copy today.

The sad and tragic truth is that the film is incomplete. When the film was being reshot for the version that we now call the Theatrical Cut all the original footage was lost on the cutting room floor. The footage used for this release was the dalie tapes of the film, just VHS recordings, none of it were high enough quality to really use in a final film. A mix of VHS and high def footage were used to put together the closest thing to that film. Even what we have is only parts of the film. Tragically that cut is forever lost and as appreciated as this cut is the parts that are from the tapes is raw; lacking audio and editing, soundtrack/music and all the other composition processes and it makes it boring, fascinating and a great film, but so... disjointed to no fault of its own. It feels tedious and slow because it didn't get to be sharpened. The theatrical cut is one of my favorite movies and the promise of this new old version was something I looked forward to for months, being a fan of the novel, too.

My favorite part of the novel was the ending. After the killer is discovered and 'dealt' with the main character, Kinderman, is at a dinner and is talking to another cop. That last scene was solemn, thoughtful, and profound; a simple scene but still all those things, and the film doesn't have that scene. It would've been wonderfully performed by George C. Scott if it existed and if it did for it to have been lost to time is deeply, to me, disappointing.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Decided to not say anything either way on the commission 'til I know when she needs it and what her budget's gonna be like. If she's expecting a historically accurate gown for $100 in a week, that's not gonna happen--she'd be better off buying from a store. But if she's got a few months and understands that it's not cheap, then...sure. Why not?

+ Y'know what'd be awesome? If MoI was over 200 reviews by the time Blackout came out. I don't predict it happening, though. That said, I didn't think it would reach 25k views, either, but here we are....

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
That feel when you realize a character you always thought led an exciting life probably spends more time in a day working on paperwork than doing the exciting stuff. ...I don't think I can make a one shot out of this. The readers would die of boredom. I would die of boredom! My muses would just be like "yeah, we told you this would happen" cuz they're jerks like that. -headdesk-

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Oooohhh deeearr... the fanfiction ideas I have...
These aren't your typical fanfics either. One I really wanna do is a recreation of the final battle in Harry Potter, but Harry is replaced with Crank's Chev Chelios.

Or an entire re-write of Pride and Prejudice, but Mr. Darcy is replaced with Goldberg.

That one needs a movie adaptation...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One of the articles on whatculture talked about Marvel planning to have a set of sequels before the avengers. They pushed them back till after the avengers because the Hulk movie bombed at the box office and they got cautious.

Granted it is a rumor and how true it is is up for debate. But ive been curious as to what those 3 extra movies would have been about.

Top Bottom