• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Y'know, if these guys would stick to a strict schedule, or their boss would let me know which day of the month to expect them, I'd tidy up all the nappies and toys and laundry and stuff spread out over my backyard. I totally would. But I didn't know they were coming today, so fudge eat.

+If they break my window with that weateater, I'm not paying them this month. Shouldn't need to use a bloody weateater when there's practically no grass to cut anyway!

++Just put in my marketing order to the accountant. :nailbiting: The thing, is real!

+++Go backa sleep Nolankie!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I finally watched "Gigantis The Fire Monster." The SUPER edited, Americanized, and changed version of "Godzilla Raids Again." (The second G movie ever made) In this crazy US edit Godzilla is called "Gigantis," he and Anguirus are related and are "fire monsters." YET! It is and is not connected to "Godzilla King of the Monsters." :dead:
It's very confusing... BUT! It's not a bad film, boring yes, but I must admit, the silence of the Original Japanese version got to me. The American version talks (to much actually) but at least it isn't silent. Anyway I like both versions, the Japanese version is a direct continuation of "Godzilla" (1954) and introduces the second Godzilla creature and the fan favorite Anguirus. :thumbsup:
While the US version is a entertaining "giant monster sci-fi" film. Plus hearing Anguirus's roar come out of Godzilla's mouth in the US version is super surreal. :cautious: Moral of the story, don't mess with "Gigantis!" :eek: Uh... I mean "Godzilla!" :eek:

Hatsune Miku... :cautious: You were on David Letterman... God the culture shock in that video was painful. What was she saying? :banghead:

I will figure out your evil scheme missy! Bet me buck wheat! :ninja:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hatsune Miku... :cautious: You were on David Letterman... God the culture shock in that video was painful. What was she saying? :banghead:
I will figure out your evil scheme missy! Bet me buck wheat! :ninja:
Probably the last place I expected to see her. It was too soon for America to understand her greatness. :facepalm:

She's just trying to expand her career, there's no evil scheme here...heh, heh. :whistle:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What is it with people constantly saying people that are bi are more likely to cheat? Just...just...urgh! :mad: Stop. Just cuz someone likes people regardless of gender doesn't mean they're sleeping around. >_<

Well, you know, from a statistical point of view, they might have a point.

I mean, if your partner is unisex, you've only got to worry about people of your gender, but if he/she's bi, there are more chances somebody captures his/her attention, cause a larger pool of individuals is concerned.

Of course it also depends on what kind of cheating we're talking about. One night stands? An actual relationship? And what kind of relationship? Purely based on sex or actually involving feelings?

-----

*sees there's practically no queue*
*gets in line*
*turns around*
*a long ass queue is formed*

What the... what kind of sorcery is this?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

I mean, if your partner is unisex, you've only got to worry about people of your gender, but if he/she's bi, there are more chances somebody captures his/her attention, cause a larger pool of individuals is concerned.

Of course it also depends on what kind of cheating we're talking about. One night stands? An actual relationship? And what kind of relationship? Purely based on sex or actually involving feelings?

Actually, they really don't. Having a wider range of people you're attracted to doesn't automatically mean you run a higher risk of cheating. Being attracted to someone and acting on that attraction are two very different things, Foxy. Besides, you don't have to be bi to have a wide range of people you're attracted to; there are men who are attracted to all types of women, and women who are attracted to all types of men--i.e. "they don't have specific types".

Edit: And by that same token, there are bisexuals that are more choosy about the types of people they are attracted to.

Cheating boils down to the a person's personality, not their sexuality.

CT: I really, really want to start working on that...

Must...resist...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Being attracted to someone and acting on that attraction are two very different things, Foxy.

I know. But they are still in relation to each other nonetheless. What I'm saying is that the higher the number of people who can attract you, the higher the risk you fall in temptation.

you don't have to be bi to have a wide range of people you're attracted to; there are men who are attracted to all types of women, and women who are attracted to all types of men

Yeah, but those are still women only and men only. No way it is as large a pool than both genders combined, like in a bi's case.

Cheating boils down to the a person's personality

Course, but when you make this kind of reasonings involving probabilities, to be fair you gotta speak according to the same model for all the cases.

For example, the type of person you mentioned earlier, which is attracted by all types of women/men. Take an individual with that personality, unisex. His/her "attention" (can't find a better term, this one implies that the subject in question goes looking for it, but bear with me) will only be directed to the opposite gender.

Now take the same personality, but a bisex individual. You know for a fact that his/her "attention" (again, probably wrong term) is directed to both genders. There's no way the risk of succumbing to the temptation is the same as the previous individual. Chances are bound to be higher, there will be more people to "resist" and be exposed to at the same time, which of course is a tougher challenge. You know what I mean?

not their sexuality.

I don't think it's true, Rebel. I think many people dismiss a person's sexuality's importance because nowadays, if you take it into account for anything that is controversial (like the probability of cheating), people are gonna see you as having prejudices against a particular sexuality and call you homophobic or something like that, and because people belonging to the particular group(s) brought into question are gonna get defensive.

I think that realistically, totally negating the importance of sexuality in a matter that clearly concerns it (among other things, of course, such as personality, like you said, or force of will, or each people's way of life, etc) is something that shouldn't be done.

So, to end it, I do think there IS a basis for that claim. And I repeat, a basis. Obviously more than just sexuality should be taken into account, but at the same time I do not think sexuality has no role at all, and I think it's pretty foolish (no offense to you and @Shadow of course, you two know I'd never offend you, just talking in general) to claim so.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Foxtrot94 I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I just can't follow that line of reasoning. There are plenty of other factors that contribute to a person's faithfulness or lack thereof--and I firmly believe sexuality plays absolutely no part in them.

(I'm 100% straight, by the way. Well, as far as I know. I don't think curiosity counts...right?)

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I know you're not trying to offend anyone; your opinion is what it is, as is mine. That's all. :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There are plenty of other factors that contribute to a person's faithfulness or lack thereof

Not denying there are.

I firmly believe sexuality plays absolutely no part in them.

That is what I don't really think is true.

Guess the only way to know for sure is being both bi and uni at the same time... which... isn't quite possible. Damn you, reality!

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

I think it's a mixed bag. I don't think someone's going to automatically have a higher risk of cheating just because of their sexuality. But I can also understand someone being...perhaps a bit worried (or even insecure) that their bi partner might cheat if maybe their relationship's a bit rocky or maybe their partner's a bit flirty but I think that'd be a concern no matter the sexuality of their partner...I'm sure even people that are asexual have cheated before. My issue is people who go "Oh, you're bi? You must be a skank." This decision is made before knowing anything about the person who's bi and without being in a relationship with them or anything. It's just "you like too many things = you'll sleep with everyone". (It's like those scary women who hate men and spout off "all men are rapists". And anyone with an ounce of logic knows that's not true.) Maybe I'm just sore about it because I don't personally know anyone who's bi and sleeps around a lot (to my knowledge) and, despite all the hugs I give online, there's nothing that scares me more irl than being touched so it's highly, highly unlikely I'd ever end up like that. I dunno. Whatever the reason, it just frustrates me. -shrugs-

Fun side note: most people I've known that are bi, myself included, lean toward one gender more than the other. I lean toward men, but I used to be friends with a girl that leaned toward girls. So there are definitely "types". We're not piranhas ready to feed on everyone. LOL

no offense to you and @Shadow of course, you two know I'd never offend you, just talking in general

It's fine. =) Debates are healthy.

Thinking:
Stilts, did you steal my chapstick again? T-T

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Gaming has been pretty great recently. Spent weeks playing Fallout 4 then even longer playing Bloodborne. Completed it like a pro, collecting every single item and then went from one day addicted to Bloodborne and now i'm addicted to Diablo 3. It's been weeks I tell you and i'm still playing though i've hit the rock wall between master and torment difficulty.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
me everytime I see DOOM news

"the new doom needs good level and enemy design. not just blood and..."
UoPaI.png

Sees new trailer

"RIP AND TEAR!!! YEAH!!!"
Rip_and_tear.png

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
-gets a package--opens it--immediate allergy sneeze- I see you have pets, as well. Nice. :thumbsup: Where's my allergy meds?

+ I'm so glad I decided to grow my hair out starting next month...because, otherwise, I'd be exceptionally mad about this hair cut. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom