• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wow, Yu Gi Oh Master Duel is really freaking f2p friendly. Coming from Konami I was totally expecting it to be hella expensive if you wanted to build a competitive deck and do more than play for the funsies,like Duel Links. But no, they shower you with f2p currency right at the start pretty much. Not nearly as many paywalls as Duel Links. Color me surprised.
And the soundtrack is great.

Only thing is taht I haven't played YGO in years and years so now I gotta catch up with all this new kids stuff, XYZ summoning, Pendulum summoning, Link summoning... Jesus. But if anyone else here's a YGO nerd, hit me up and we could have a few friendly matches, game is free on Steam and mobile.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Living next to Mr. Putin doesn't make me feel too safe at the present situation.

Especially when there have been warships parked around and suspicious planes flying over military bases recently.

So, CT, I'd like to update our in-case-of-disaster packs...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Today, it's three months since her death. So the official time frame for the estate inventory has ended. The documents are all sent.

Mostly I'm happy for getting this done, but I'm also definitely making a note to myself to never ever EVER again include a provision like this for the payment proposal to the debtors:
"Please reply to this message before February 1st as to whether you approve this proposal. If you do not answer, that will be considered as an approval and the estate is free from any obligations towards you after the payments are done in accordance to this plan, whether or not you are paid at all according to the proposal."
... Because guess what, now the majority of them don't reply anyway because not replying gives the same result as approving it (and disapproving it would make no sense because mom simply didn't have more than what I'm now sharing). If I had written "if you don't answer, I will pay nothing", I bet the majority of them would still not have bothered to answer because it's a matter of a couple of coins anyway. (Just guess how much is a big telephone company interested about their 3 euros for a bill that originally amounts to 27 euros)

But because I didn't think it through, I really have to go to the bank and tell them to pay stuff like 5,73 euro here and 7,02 euro here. Which is so damn unnecessary and overcomplicated, considering that these are indeed big companies and not some granny's teashop on the edge of bankruptcy.

Well at least I stated in the payment plan the estate is not paying any sums under 5 euros (the bank takes a 5 euro fee from every payment, and legally speaking those fees are not my problem so it was fair and simple). But still. I'm happy I'm not gonna work as an attorney for inheritance.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Why can't I enjoy long gaming binge without feeling guilty or empty about it after I put down the game?
F*** off, brain.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Why can't I enjoy long gaming binge without feeling guilty or empty about it after I put down the game?
F*** off, brain.
Do you want an anti-capitalist manifesto on how the current social environment is geared around making individuals prioritize an invisible notion of "productivity"/"not wasting time" over personal enjoyment now, or later? This may include an addendum on how retirement is a total rip-off.

Goldsickle

Do you want an anti-capitalist manifesto on how the current social environment is geared around making individuals prioritize an invisible notion of "productivity"/"not wasting time" over personal enjoyment now, or later?
It's probably conditioning due to Asian parenting =w=

"Your cousins, neighbors and classmates are overachieving... why can't you do the same?"

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
It's probably conditioning due to Asian parenting =w=

"Your cousins, neighbors and classmates are overachieving... why can't you do the same?"
I'd file that under "current social environment" since the overachieving trends towards getting a Good Job and making More Money, not Less. :p
Good luck. I hear Asian is the hardest difficulty level.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Foxtrot's post about dubs over subs got me thinking why I don't watch Indian movies dubbed in English.

My parents were raised on Indian films. So my childhood hero was Shah Rukh Khan instead of Brad Pitt. They were subbed.

While my first intro to anime was the cartoon network dubs. So I guess my answer is habit.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
They're having a "Convoy Finland" demonstration ATM in Helsinki. The agenda is to jam the City Centre with trucks and other vehicles for maybe several weeks, break the law and just generally rebel against the Parliament and COVID policies. They've been threatening to attack the police and the Parliament too.

But when I watched live footage from it, I noticed that the protestors indeed made a proper stop kindly and quietly in red traffic lights near their destination.

This definitely challenges my view of the most Finnish protest ever...

(For me, the 1st place was previously held by the cultural worker's protest where they respected all COVID rules and stood silently 2m apart from each other in front of the Parliament. I'm not kidding, see photos and videos e.g. here: https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000008020204.html?share=86a056ca7a67b89f46199daaf4679dd4 )

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Pastor ‘directed by God’ to burn ‘Harry Potter,’ ‘Twilight’ books

'Maus,' the graphic novel about the Holocaust, surges to top of Amazon bestseller list after Tennessee school ban

A bit late by a couple of decades with all this book banning/burning stuff, pretty sure. Isn't this the thing they were claiming leftists would do if they had any political power? Weird.
Also, performing an occult burning ritual to perform a spiritual leader's bidding is a hell of a way to oppose witchcraft.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Tom Holland joked about doing a live action Jak and Daxter movie. I'd probably watch it even if it's terrible. Atleast it will give Sony a reason to do some more Jak content.

I liked Jak 2 more than the 1st game so I'd lean into that more. I'd probably want a Witcher style tv show. But a Star Wars like movie would be perfect.

Atleast the scrapped Jak 4 concept art would get some use.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Also, performing an occult burning ritual to perform a spiritual leader's bidding is a hell of a way to oppose witchcraft.
*puts on Missionary Hat and fixes her eyeglasses :cool: *
*AHEM*
*Read this in Morgan Freeman's voice*

Actually, burning 'demonic' books is a very Biblical thing to do.

"Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver."

However, this is just a general reference to whether burning rituals resemble more of witchcraft than Christianity and not an opinion about burning books, let alone these particular books.

Fun fact: especially the Old Testament is full of stuff that sounds rather occult and would fit in any fantasy setting. Stuff like "take a young goat's liver, place it in the altar and burn it, for it's essence is appealing to God" and lists of stuff you may not eat. And when I speak of lists they're not like "you may eat cow but not pork": https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+11&version=ESV

And yeah... this lesson was, once again, free of charge. :LOL:

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Rewatching "Mission Kashmir" today was interesting. It's commercial action movie that tried to talk about the Kashmir crisis 20 years ago. There was a lot of subtext I missed as a 10 year old watching it.

I finished the Witcher season 1. It's fun but the non-linear aspects can be hard to follow. Plus having the core trio still not cross each other's paths by the end was annoying.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I finished the Witcher season 1. It's fun but the non-linear aspects can be hard to follow. Plus having the core trio still not cross each other's paths by the end was annoying.
You can just imagine how it felt when I thought there are 10 episodes, watched the last one (#8), and literally thought "FINALLY they're starting to get stuff together!! Luckily there are still two more episodes so it doesn’t end like th--- wait "

----

Dear Professor, I have no idea what am I doing with my thesis.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You can just imagine how it felt when I thought there are 10 episodes, watched the last one (#8), and literally thought "FINALLY they're starting to get stuff together!! Luckily there are still two more episodes so it doesn’t end like th--- wait "

----

Dear Professor, I have no idea what am I doing with my thesis.

Atleast Geralt and Ciri are together at the start of season 2.

Top Bottom