• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
You would risk having your soul sent into the Shadow Realm? :eek:
Or I guess, dying in a weird way if you followed the manga.
The risk is only worth considering if there is a possibility that you'd actually lose the said duel.

Thus, I'd rather win an epic supernatural battle and drive the world in utter chaos than dodge a few everyday bullets. ;)

Goldsickle

Would you rather open your doors and see....
  • guys with swords, axes, and maces
  • guys with cowboy hats, dusters, and pistols, ready to take ten paces and turn
  • guys with spiked wigs and a Millennium Puzzle screaming about the Heart of the Cards
Pick one, no take-backs.
Maybe first choice.

I might be able to outrun that better than guys with guns or card game fanatics.
I mean, the card game fanatics might have a motorcycle....

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The amount of people I've seen using "he's" instead of "his" recently is staggering. They don't teach spelling at school anymore or what?
Well, may bee they learned how two spell but there spell checker doesn't tell them their using the incorrect whirred.
:whistle:

Ow. That hurt to type.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Worried about a friend whom I haven't been able to contact for some weeks. Well, I haven't even tried after the first unanswered "how are you", simply because she told me just some days before going all silent that there's a chance of a certain crisis in her life and if that happens, she most likely needs a couple months to recover from it without anyone trying to contact her. I approved that and I still approve, of course. But damn, if that really happened... :cry:

I'd rather take the option of an abusive stalker with their obsession to contact my friends and tell them some of their loony stories about me. That is practically not possible, mainly because I've never mentioned the names of my closest friends in her presence (guess why), secondly because even my less close friends have so far been a bit too smart to believe her bullsh*t.
So, I'm sure it isn't about that and have no reason to believe otherwise, but because the other option is the said crisis... yeah. If I could choose, I'd take the option of being set up for some teenager made-up drama, resulting to her cutting me off for no reason, than giving her that other thing. So, from the comparison, you can pretty much guess the state of worry here.

*sigh* I just hope she's all right. She promised to get in touch in some months again if that happens, so I'll wait. Honestly, I'd like to just randomly visit her doorstep to check on her, but maybe it's just better to respect her wishes and wait.
(She's not suicidal, nor living alone. If she was, I'd be on my way already.)

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the villians of RE8 and wish they were in DMC instead.

Is that a back handed compliment? It feels like one.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Some hard flashbacks stroke me yesterday morning, because of a strong but unexpected trigger. I was a bit off all day, but before we went to bed, I finally had the courage to go through it and tell all of it for my spouse.

Morning after it still feels like my head is exploding for all the crying and hyperventilating, but at the same time I just keep thinking how lucky I am to have someone who cuddles me to sleep, tells me I'm brave to speak it out for him, and counts slowly to ten and back to zero when needed*, leaving out 7 because, like in English, in my language it begins with a sharp "s" ;_;

I wonder if I should bake for him today.

(* I've heard that during an emotional flashback it may help to try to "ground" oneself back to the present moment by e.g. searching for objects of certain color around them, but at least for me, it's incredibly helpful to just count numbers in my head. If I can't do that, my spouse does. The "s-thing" is related to how my mother speaks. He knows to count only with a soft and calming tone.)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Holy crap, I didn't realize it had been over a week since my last post. O_O Long story short, we pulled out regarding that house (turns out it had a lot wrong with it--major plumbing issues in the basement, electrical was nowhere near up to code, mold from leaks/moisture, etc.) so we're back on the hunt. Saw a house yesterday; it's dated (like stuck in the 70's, dated--it's still using fuses xD) and as far as we can tell, fixes are superficial and within our budget. Not sure if we'll put in an offer or not, but we have until Monday to decide. I think we're going to be cautious in our optimism from now on. Don't want to get burned again. ^^;

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone asked what would Kingdom Hearts be like if they used Warner Bros instead of Disney and it got me thinking....

Scooby-Doo could work as a Winnie the Pooh world.

Harry potter needs to be a world. Maybe Xehanort joined Grindelwald back in his teens ?

Rwby recently became a WB property. We can finally use Sora's Lion Boy concept art.

Instead of the 7 princesses, maybe it's the 4 maidens?

Cinder becomes the Maleficent figure?

Animaniacs becomes the Winnie the Pooh world or Disney castle equivalent figures?

DC is easier to adapt then Marvel because the universe is less interconnected. Plus they tend to patrol their own corners rather than all be stuck in NY.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Out of nowhere, I just enrolled in a writing course and, as usual, some of the peer feedback is really not worth even listening... considering that the very first comment I got, from a person who hadn't even read a word of my project, was that I should not tell my readers explicitly nor implicitly that the main character is a 12-year-old boy, rather I should hide his gender and circumvent any mention of it because "you should be sensitive, if you write about a boy trans people might get offended" (yeah, sure they will, because that's the way minorities fight for equality, right? So no one should ever write about men or women to avoid offending those who want to make our society more tolerant /sarcasm).

Buuut the great news is that the teacher, who is one of those authors I greatly appreciate and look up to around here, liked my stuff and invited me to watch an international book seminar later this month! :love: I'm so excited, and this was just the boost I needed for my WIP(s) :cool:

Goldsickle

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, I wonder how many people remember that it used to be a comic about "the master of all games".

Like all forms of games, such as dices, board games and even games made up on the fly.

My first exposure to Yu-Gi-Oh was original manga where sometimes, he would improvise a new game or wager, like that time he makes the rule "you can only move one bodypart" with a gun-toting fugitive.

Even after the first "card game" arc with Kaiba, the manga did try to go back to the "master of all games" theme, where Yugi tackles various fads and trends but I guess the card game arc was too popular and before long, it completely took over the series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, I wonder how many people remember that it used to be a comic about "the master of all games".

Like all forms of games, such as dices, board games and even games made up on the fly.

My first exposure to Yu-Gi-Oh was original manga where sometimes, he would improvise a new game or wager, like that time he makes the rule "you can only move one bodypart" with a gun-toting fugitive.

Even after the first "card game" arc with Kaiba, the manga did try to go back to the "master of all games" theme, where Yugi tackles various fads and trends but I guess the card game arc was too popular and before long, it completely took over the series.
yeah man. I was surprised when I first read the manga back in high school. Those early issues were hardcore. One review I read described it as Neil-Gaiman-esque. If they ever wanted to do the edgy live action reboot, they should lean into that more.

Goldsickle

yeah man. I was surprised when I first read the manga back in high school. Those early issues were hardcore. One review I read described it as Neil-Gaiman-esque. If they ever wanted to do the edgy live action reboot, they should lean into that more.
This also reminds me how Yuyu Hakusho used to be about a "wholesome" supernatural story involving Yuusuke's adventures while he's in spirit form.
The format lasted for two whole volumes, before it became the "typical shonen" stuff with super-powered battles between humans and demons.

When Yuyu Hakusho was adapted into anime, they totally skipped all that "wholesome spiritual story" part and tried to get to the "super-powered battle" part of the story as fast as they could.
None of the "wholesome stories" survived the adaptation but one ghost girl who appeared in the manga was rewritten as a "spirit world inspector", reusing the same character design as the ghost girl.

Both Yu-Gi-Oh and Yuyu Hakusho were published in Weekly Shonen Jump, so I was wondering if both series went through a process where an editor says "this format is too boring, we should change it to something more exciting", which led to the focus change in these titles.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This also reminds me how Yuyu Hakusho used to be about a "wholesome" supernatural story involving Yuusuke's adventures while he's in spirit form.
The format lasted for two whole volumes, before it became the "typical shonen" stuff with super-powered battles between humans and demons.

When Yuyu Hakusho was adapted into anime, they totally skipped all that "wholesome spiritual story" part and tried to get to the "super-powered battle" part of the story as fast as they could.
None of the "wholesome stories" survived the adaptation but one ghost girl who appeared in the manga was rewritten as a "spirit world inspector", reusing the same character design as the ghost girl.

Both Yu-Gi-Oh and Yuyu Hakusho were published in Weekly Shonen Jump, so I was wondering if both series went through a process where an editor says "this format is too boring, we should change it to something more exciting", which led to the focus change in these titles.
You could add Bleach and Hitman Reborn to that list. Hitman reborn was the more abrupt one going from a gag manga to serious bussiness mafia wars. Unlike YYH and Bleach it never found a middle ground between the two tones.

With the anime, they probably just had a limited set of episodes so they probably prioritized the fights.

With YYH I didn't mind the shift. I think Yusuke just needed a different format. The Spirit Detective angle implies a case of the week format which couldve been a better way to have both tones.

As i got older, I just preffered more episodic stories rather than one dragged out storyline.

YYH had them but they didn't become as problematic as Bleach's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom