• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I hate it. I hate having to do that. I loathe cold with a passion. Summer can't come soon enough.

I love those crisp late autumn mornings when it's like -2 °C/28 °F, the sun is shining, fallen leaves are crumbling beneath my feet when I'm walking to the university/library/whatever and my breath is visible in the cold air. I prefer a bit cold over warmth. I've learned to like summer as well but it's not my favourite season.

This morning it was -20 °C/-4 °F, and that was a bit cold even for me... It's not the cold, but I hate all the hassle getting dressed with a tank top, a shirt, a sweater + longjohns with jeans + socks AND wool socks AND winter boots + darn thick and heavy coat (I prefer wool ones, not quilted jackets) etc. Not to even mention taking care of my outerwear so I don't lose my winter hat or my gloves or any other small but very necessary clothing in a shopping mall before I have to walk back home.

The fact that breathing gets hard when it's cold enough is a whole different thing. Given the average temperature, I like winter anyway. Even though I think my thighs and my hands got some frostbites today.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So... it's not a secret here. I'm pregnant (on my late second month, so it's not a big hassle yet) and everything is fine, I've got just a bit nausea especially in public transport, but otherwise it's been easy and we are happy about it.

Just that I haven't been able to jog properly for weeks because IT HURTS! And I'd love to hit the trail again! Last time I managed to jog like half a mile before I had to get back walking. It feels like someone is slashing my chest with a dull knife or poking them with a fork.

So I'm thinking if I could just tape my chest to relieve the pain. Don't like the idea either...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So... it's not a secret here. I'm pregnant (on my late second month, so it's not a big hassle yet) and everything is fine, I've got just a bit nausea especially in public transport, but otherwise it's been easy and we are happy about it.

Just that I haven't been able to jog properly for weeks because IT HURTS! And I'd love to hit the trail again! Last time I managed to jog like half a mile before I had to get back walking. It feels like someone is slashing my chest with a dull knife or poking them with a fork.

So I'm thinking if I could just tape my chest to relieve the pain. Don't like the idea either...
I thought you might be pregnant - congrats!

Not a jogger (me? exercise? HA!) but if you can, get an extra-firm support sports bra or similar (underwired can dig in, so something with a wide strap around the underbust might feel more comfortable) and tighten it so that you have barely any movement whatsoever. It really can help with those pesky physics. The good news is you shouldn't be feeling the pain so much in a few more weeks.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I thought you might be pregnant - congrats!

Not a jogger (me? exercise? HA!) but if you can, get an extra-firm support sports bra or similar (underwired can dig in, so something with a wide strap around the underbust might feel more comfortable) and tighten it so that you have barely any movement whatsoever. It really can help with those pesky physics. The good news is you shouldn't be feeling the pain so much in a few more weeks.
How did you know that?! Just curious :D

I've got, erm, heavy chest area, so I've already got tight sports bra. So it's not about anything that could be corrected with just sports bra. The pain is focused on the skin itself. It's the similar kind of pain that marathon runners (both male and female) tend to get, it's on the nipples in both occasions, so only thing that would work is to get something to cover the area from chafing against my clothing, such as tape or band aids.

(Feel free to laugh at me trying to circumvent stuff and talk about this in a way that doesn't confuse the male users in here... :ROFL: )

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
What about using some double-sided tape and attaching breast pads to the inside of your bra? They are designed to protect and often fit accordingly. Might be worth a go? If not, doubling up on circular cotton wool pads and doing the same thing might help.

Male users will just have to deal with it :LOL:

And I think you posted somewhere, either here or in another thread about hacklab and your "condition" making you have to be more careful than males or something...immediately thought you were pregnant.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@therogis Congratulations! =D I hope your pregnancy is smooth all the way through.

@V I've honestly never done it myself, but now I'm kind of curious... O_O

Edit: Did it, and I wound up with INFJ-T (The Advocate). Apparently this is rare?

CT: I've gone past normal tired and am stuck in "I could fall asleep any minute" exhausted.

Y'know, except at night when I actually go to bed... >.>

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Intrigued so did the test myself: ISFP-T. An absolute load of old nonsense, sadly. I am not an "adventurer" in the slightest. As soon as it started describing my parenting style, I was definitely done. Can't stand kids...

I get more accuracy out of those stupid quizzes on BuzzFeed :LOL:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Intrigued so did the test myself: ISFP-T. An absolute load of old nonsense, sadly. I am not an "adventurer" in the slightest. As soon as it started describing my parenting style, I was definitely done. Can't stand kids...

With mine, some of it seemed fairly on point, but yeah--a lot of it didn't feel particularly reflective of my personality. I don't spend that much time taking care of other people and not myself (for instance). I'm pretty good at setting boundaries, and my introverted ass isn't going to go above and beyond for just anyone at this stage in my life. I've had too many people walk all over me for that nonsense now.

If nothing else, it was a fun 10 minutes spent.

CT: I hope they fix that gate soon. Kind of hard to do the whole dog park thing when all we can do is prop it up and hope for the best. >.>

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
What about using some double-sided tape and attaching breast pads to the inside of your bra? They are designed to protect and often fit accordingly. Might be worth a go? If not, doubling up on circular cotton wool pads and doing the same thing might help.

Male users will just have to deal with it :LOL:

And I think you posted somewhere, either here or in another thread about hacklab and your "condition" making you have to be more careful than males or something...immediately thought you were pregnant.
Those cotton pads might actually help. A great idea, I think. Thanks!

Well, that explains how did you know :D That's how good I am in keeping secrets.

About the Myers-Briggs, I'm usually either ENTJ or INTJ. They both feel right, maybe INTJ a bit more. On the introvert-extrovert factor I'm usually 51 % of either one of them so I guess it just depends on the situation in my case.
Earlier I also got the turbulent subtype, but now it's assertive, which is actually a visible change in my lifestyle and personality!

However, a word of warning: that test has been criticized simply because a human being is an expert in lying to themself. :D On my first shot, I got Advocate, and let's be honest: I had to really think about it to realize it's not a match. I repeated it three times, giving it a fair thought, and got ENTJ on my native language test and INTJ in the English version.

Another good example: I know a person who got the Mediator from it. I just cannot see a person who admits that they lie a lot and that they love to create conflict and just sit back and see how much trouble they can cause as a Mediator. :D

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan

INTJ seems to describe me accurately. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit is that it suggests we're socially inept. I used to be socially inept (the "mute" kid who "never smiled" or talked in school) but I was determined to fix that myself and it's not an issue any longer. I can be just as chatty and polite as anyone else after I learned how all that social stuff works. (But afterwards I gotta sink into some solitude. It's a necessity).

I don't know how they formulated this test, but I've done a few down the years trying to figure myself out and it seems to at least have more to it than most "personality tests" available. Probably not accurate for everyone all of the time as we change and grow over time or have multiple different personas we present in different situations or to different people. Still, it was more useful than my psychiatrist ever was. :unsure:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I had already forgotten how special a Saturday morning feels like after a HARD first week as a trainee.

I've got a cup of coffee and I have absolutely no hurry in making breakfast for my husband and me.
After breakfast, I guess I'll play some guitar and write a bit.

Sometimes it's the little things that make us unbelievably happy.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The only good thing about this pandemic is that my gran can't murder me when she finds out I bought mum a set of electric clippers for her birthday. I have time to lock the doors. >_>

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
How the hell did I even hurt my neck this time? Clearly I'm sitting wrong when I read... T_T

+Sometimes I can't help but wonder what makes me fixate so much on certain things (like apologizing to my VP for being so antagonistic 16 years after the fact. Seriously, who does that? I doubt he even remembers me; seemed pleasantly surprised, though). 17-year-old me would probably feel betrayed, but...well, I couldn't not do it.

I honestly can't help thinking this isn't normal, though...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I ordered a copy of Mitchell's Black Swan Green and it's now waiting for me at the local bookstore! Can't wait to get it after office hours *__*

Top Bottom