• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Last night I slept in my car because of the noise in the dorm. I'm 167 cm tall (5'6 ft) and the insides of that '92 Clio is like max 150 cm in width, so I couldn't straighten my legs at all, my knees were aching the whole night, and I still don't know whether I really woke up to someone pointing me with a flashlight through the window around 2am or if it was something else. Despite all that I slept better than in the dorm.

Now, in addition to these morons at the dorm who can't keep quiet during the night, there's gonna be a 3 day music festival practically under my window.
I already prepared for a mental breakdown with it... but then my colleague asked me to come to their cottage to spend the rest of the week there and have some good night's sleep. It's located in the middle of nowhere, right next to a lake.

I don't know how to thank this angel. Maybe there are still Good People on Earth.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Neighbourhood cats only seem to like to walk on our back fence after I've seen something scary and, honestly, not thrilled about that. Also not thrilled by the amount of time it takes for my brain to realise it's not a monster or a murderer back there. :unsure:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Isnt it irritating when games make you wait such a long time between save points or force you to walk really slowly through a particular section which makes the overall segment take 5 times longer to get through...stop needlessly padding my experience out... :banghead:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I blame Half Life.

I get it when a game is setting a scene or hiding a loading screen but forcing you to walk through your camp in Red Dead 2 is infuriating, no reason for it. :laugh:

Also those occasions where it only lets your horse go so fast and instead of the AI keeping pace with you, you are forced to keep to their pace instead. I just want to get to the place we are heading...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Gods, I missed working with this snarky a-hole. :laugh:

+ Kinda excited about our planned day trip to Ottawa tomorrow, but also apprehensive. No doubt their protocols will be tighter than ours have been. I also need to make sure someone can come check on Kaz, should we be gone longer than expected. He doesn't really go out much during the day (like aside from our morning walk, pretty much not at all until evening) but I'd still hate to put him in a situation like that. And considering he's never really alone anymore... :unsure:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Randomly decided to rewatch the major fights of DBZ. When I got to Cell, man did it feel good to hear Piccolo school Goku on how to be a parent. Goku is such a terrible father, I can't believe I had him as a role model at some point in my life.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I went through my mobile phone files to clean it up and I found some messages I didn't remember to have read.

They were dated last year, during a night when there was a crisis in my life and all that I remember was that I didn't read any of those messages because I thought they'd all tell me that I'm a terrible person and that finally I got what I deserved. I remember that during the next day there was one message I checked out, and it was a caring message asking me to answer at least something so they'd know I'm still breathing and they don't have to continue reaching for me via every channel they can find. After that it seems I completely forgot about the rest of them.

I read them now... and started to cry. These people went through all the trouble to send me messages to my phone, to my e-mail, to my PM's, to everything possible to tell me that if I need a shoulder to cry on, they'd be there, they'd understand and they've got my back. They stayed up late to find me: one of those messages was sent around 2 am.
All I can think of now is that these guys probably don't even realize that they, honestly speaking, saved my life, and that I should find a way to thank this group. At the same time I'd rather not remind them about this... I remember sending them chocolate last autumn, with a written apology about all the hassle, but it surely isn't enough (yeah, I think that my life is worth more than a bar of chocolate).

I saved these messages in two places. If I ever again feel like I'm not loved and cared about, I'm gonna return to them. :'(

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I should probably play some New Horizons today. This isn't the first time that I've put it down for a few days and completely forgot about it. :unsure:

+So glad it's been cooling down some and we've been getting rain here and there.

Top Bottom