• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm thinking that I wish that the human race wasn't so judgemental

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what your

Nationality or race
Your creed or religion
Your skin pigmentation
Gender you identify as
Or your beliefs within reason

I will accept and respect you for who you are, and we are all human beings and as long as you aren't a murderer rapist or pedophilia or something else nasty then more power to you for living life the way you choose

But there are always those begrudging, racist misogynistic close minded homophobes and downright pathetic people out there who judge you or your wife or child

Based off of a stereotype, or their clothes or something that triggers said person

And I'm sick of it

So im thinking, let it go buddy, life is short and you know what's important, and it isn't those people.

Sorry for the punctuation and grammar being bad, english isn't my first language

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm thinking that I wish that the human race wasn't so judgemental

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what your

Nationality or race
Your creed or religion
Your skin pigmentation
Gender you identify as
Or your beliefs within reason

I will accept and respect you for who you are, and we are all human beings and as long as you aren't a murderer rapist or pedophilia or something else nasty then more power to you for living life the way you choose

But there are always those begrudging, racist misogynistic close minded homophobes and downright pathetic people out there who judge you or your wife or child

Based off of a stereotype, or their clothes or something that triggers said person

And I'm sick of it

So im thinking, let it go buddy, life is short and you know what's important, and it isn't those people.

Sorry for the punctuation and grammar being bad, english isn't my first language
Same here. I've never understood racism, even, going before high school, where they teach you that racism in the U.S. put black folks into segregated communities. Only whites on one side, blacks on the other. Blacks and whites have their own restrooms.

Those who are racist should watch films like "The hate U give." (No, really, that's the title of the movie.)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well in my case it's not that extreme, but I was out with my wife and child and went in somewhere and I heard someone from another country who was here either as a tourist or for whatever reason

Say something negative about us with the term The Irish

Worked into it

Now I wouldn't dream of trying to identify with what black people etc go through, or other races and so on because I can't

But I mean come on, how can you judge anybody you don't know or haven't spoke to or interacted with

Based on them wearing comfortable sports wear, I am almost 6 foot 9 so finding trendy fashion stuff that fits isn't easy in my country

Also talk about me fine, but my 6 year old daughter and my wife, hell no

I left as I felt like It was going to escalate as it really made me angry.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Well in my case it's not that extreme, but I was out with my wife and child and went in somewhere and I heard someone from another country who was here either as a tourist or for whatever reason

Say something negative about us with the term The Irish

Worked into it

Now I wouldn't dream of trying to identify with what black people etc go through, or other races and so on because I can't

But I mean come on, how can you judge anybody you don't know or haven't spoke to or interacted with

Based on them wearing comfortable sports wear, I am almost 6 foot 9 so finding trendy fashion stuff that fits isn't easy in my country

Also talk about me fine, but my 6 year old daughter and my wife, hell no

I left as I felt like It was going to escalate as it really made me angry.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm Latino. Some people don't like Latino folks to go so much to say things like wetbacks, spics, and so on. Blacks have it worse because they went through real slavery, and the n word will spark anger in them, the recent riots is based around racism. So, someone calling out a Irish ain't new. It's systematic racism in your area/country.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yep, and they are guests visiting my country

Which is kind of a double standard, if you have a problem with us then why did you come here

But oh well, I'm not gona let 60 seconds ruin my whole day

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol thanks, sometimes it isn't easy to turn the other cheek when your family is insulted

But why sink to that level and ruin the day, not worth it

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The way I see it, I'm only feeding into a negative image they have of ireland and its citizens by resorting to an arguement or violence

Plus why get into trouble over ignorant people, they will go through life without fully experiencing its wonders and its cultures

That's the real shame, for them

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The way I see it, I'm only feeding into a negative image they have of ireland and its citizens by resorting to an arguement or violence

Plus why get into trouble over ignorant people, they will go through life without fully experiencing its wonders and its cultures

That's the real shame, for them
Ignorant people will continue to be ignorant, until they learn the hard way, that racism is bad.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Didn't think I'd manage it, but I actually finished ST during Camp NaNo. O_O

I'll take a few days or so off to catch up on some other things (like the ever-growing list of chores), then I think I'll let myself jump into draft four of Shadow & Flame. It's not even at the top of my priority list, but I loved working on it and really need to dive into a comfort project for a bit.

+I swear, allergy season comes in three parts for me. I'm just glad it doesn't go beyond itching and sneezing. x_x

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Got finally some writing done :thumbsup: I thought my WIP just wasn't for me, but it seems I've found a new point of view to keep myself going with that. All it took was a bit of Cobalt-60 research :cool: :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My best friend thought it was an odd choice to do a Jak and Daxter/ff10-2 crossover fic and ff7 was a better choice.

My defense is Jak would be more challenged by having to live on Spira more than on Midgar. On Midgar he'd fall into old habits and just fight Shinra/Sephiroth with Avalanche. Jak would feel more confused having to live during the Eternal Calm and that interested me more.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Last night was amazing - two of my best friends refused to let a pandemic stop them from celebrating my birthday and between them created a spa in the garden with a rented hot tub, homemade bar and one friend's husband took on the role of waiter and made sure we all had our favourite food to eat. Ended with watching White Chicks (haters gonna hate, but I love that film) in our pyjamas before being dropped off back home just before midnight.

Also, and very exciting, my dad called to let me know that I am now the sole beneficiary of every single Terry Pratchett book ever written, including a large number of first editions autographed by the man himself. My grandmother collected them and when she died, my aunt had them. She's now downsizing her home and my dad wanted to make sure a fellow fan had the books rather than a charity shop. To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Also, and very exciting, my dad called to let me know that I am now the sole beneficiary of every single Terry Pratchett book ever written, including a large number of first editions autographed by the man himself. My grandmother collected them and when she died, my aunt had them. She's now downsizing her home and my dad wanted to make sure a fellow fan had the books rather than a charity shop. To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century...

Wow what a treasure!! Lucky you!
I just received the prize money from the writing competition I took part in and I think that I'll spend it all for books. It's just logical: got money from writing, gonna spend it for reading. :D Just that I don't know yet what books am I going to buy.

Also, I don't know why but I'm really happy, things are going well, I'm feeling good. I'm not so tired after work anymore, and I don't spend all my free time sleeping. I guess it was about a person who was making it hard for me to go to work every morning, because now that they've left I've been a lot happier. My boss noticed that too.

Oh, and I found happiness for other people's achievements as well. Feels good to feel good for others, I'd say. :inlove:

Top Bottom