• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Exhausted after spending yesterday (Canada Day) at our friends' place for a barbecue (and swimming). I surprised myself by actually having a good time; as long as they dial back on their pushiness (they're both very prone to pressuring people to be out there all the time), things should be fine.

+Come on, brain. We'll take it slow today, maybe do some writing sprints, even if we only hit 700 words in the doing. :dead:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Just realized that it is only a week to the public award ceremony in the writing contest and I haven't yet decided if I'd like to ask the judges about the possibility to use a nickname instead of my real name.

Anxiety kicks in with the thought of having my full name on that list, and on the cover of the book... What a pathetic 'artist' I am. :grumpy:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
So apparently now for some people chess is a racist game cause white pieces move first.

LOL, I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm. Maybe both.
I'm not surprised. A lot of easily brainwashed, dumb idiots out there. Most of these... stupid retards are in their echochambers. Ms. Monopoly was created by woke people. You see it all the time on Twitter, people being offended over how stuff is offensive, such as "oh, its white privilege because it starts with whites."

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So apparently now for some people chess is a racist game cause white pieces move first.

LOL, I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm. Maybe both.
My son literally apologised for saying white had to go first when we played chess this afternoon. I had to explain to him that it's not racist but he was genuinely concerned for a moment that he might get in trouble.

He's 8.

Such is the impact of misinformation among his peers, it would seem

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Regarding the conversation above: in my view, skipping all the real problems in racial discrimination to rant about things like chess colors is the most problematic form of racism nowadays.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
My son literally apologised for saying white had to go first when we played chess this afternoon. I had to explain to him that it's not racist but he was genuinely concerned for a moment that he might get in trouble.

He's 8.

Such is the impact of misinformation among his peers, it would seem
Smart parenting there, @Angel! +Pats back+

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Come on, Amazon. It's been two weeks; shouldn't that order have shipped by now? Why is it when I buy anything else, it's quick--but my own books, and it takes forever and a day? :'( At least get that first order moving. The others are going to people for Christmas, so there's wiggle room, lol.

+Yay, Zorro's coming for a stay tonight. (Zorro's my friend's Doberman, for anyone wondering. I've been dog-sitting him since he was a puppy, but it's been about a year since the last time due to obvious reasons).

++This is the most tanned I've been in a long time. I kind of like it. ^^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Winx club is getting a live action tv show aimed at teenagers.

Hopefully its as good as the Sabrina one or the recent Voltron one.

Tbh i only watched it casually but it felt like a teen drama already so there is a precedent.

It even had the seasonal big bads that Buffy popularized.

Hopefully they just make Riven a villian because he's too much a jerk to believable.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Short visit and lots of passive-aggressive male dog dominance stuff between the two, but at least they get along well. Kaz is probably going to sleep for the next half of the day, lol.

+Now to take my exhausted brain and try to put words together.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
As much as I like the way I'm able to stay cold-headed and calm in various situations nowadays, and as much I like the ability to prevent people getting too close to me if I don't want them to, I'm not sure if I've got a bit too cynical now. Arrogant, even. Or at least it looks like that even to myself, and I'm not sure if I like that side of me.

So I was just thinking that I need to find the balance in this. Some self-reflective writing could work...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Seen a few conversations about this lately and I keep wondering...is britpicking (or other-country-picking) really necessary? I mean, in an actual, published novel sure. But in fanfics? It's free so there's no investment beyond entertainment, it's a ton of work to write as it is so, like, if you're trying to balance writing and work and family it's just an additional reason not to post/work on the story, and...if the reader's understanding of the story isn't horribly ruined by it, then...why is it so essential that people rage about it needing to be done? Idk, but, personally, I'd rather see the wrong country's slang and be like "okay, not from there, cool, I won't focus on that" than seeing people use the correct slang entirely wrong. Or, y'know, seeing someone use mate 30 times in a very brief conversation where once was enough. Or seeing someone do that thing where they use a ridiculous amount of thesaurus words but with incorrectly-used slang. .-.

+ Chips for breakfast? Chips for breakfast. -nods-

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Urgh... I don't want to cut that character... but I dunno how to fit her into the story anymore... this sucks, hopefully I can find a good reason for her to appear once I reach volume 2 or 3 (complete outline for volume 1 has been written, just need to finish it now, basic timeline for 2 and 3 is still in progress)

Top Bottom