• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For some reason i wanna see Kanji from P4 in some kind of shonen anime beat em up.

I feel like Jak is gonna grow up to be Bigby from The Wolf Among US.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I just got informed that someone I know has some serious mental issues. We're not very close, nevertheless their behaviour earlier told me that something was wrong. Just that I didn't know it's this serious... We're talking about delusions and paranoia, schizophrenic stuff, psychosis maybe, and I just keep thinking if I should contact some healthcare officials about this to get them into hospital or something :unsure:
At the same time I hate the fact that I was even told about this. It feels like since I know something about this stuff, I'm expected to be the psychiatrist in here, despite that this whole thing is really triggering for me and that I would love to remain unaware of this stuff, not because I don't care, but because I cannot care if I want to stay safe.

+ Dear coworkers: "A day off" equals to "I don't have to answer any work-related phone calls if I'm busy and tired". I don't care if you didn't check the weekly shopping list properly, I need my free time to rest. Use some common sense or call our boss directly. It's not my fault if you're too embarrassed to do that... maybe it'll teach you something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I just got informed that someone I know has some serious mental issues. We're not very close, nevertheless their behaviour earlier told me that something was wrong. Just that I didn't know it's this serious... We're talking about delusions and paranoia, schizophrenic stuff, psychosis maybe, and I just keep thinking if I should contact some healthcare officials about this to get them into hospital or something :unsure:
At the same time I hate the fact that I was even told about this. It feels like since I know something about this stuff, I'm expected to be the psychiatrist in here, despite that this whole thing is really triggering for me and that I would love to remain unaware of this stuff, not because I don't care, but because I cannot care if I want to stay safe.

+ Dear coworkers: "A day off" equals to "I don't have to answer any work-related phone calls if I'm busy and tired". I don't care if you didn't check the weekly shopping list properly, I need my free time to rest. Use some common sense or call our boss directly. It's not my fault if you're too embarrassed to do that... maybe it'll teach you something.
I'm sorry you had to go throught this. Best thing you could do is convince them to seek help of their own volition.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm sorry you had to go throught this. Best thing you could do is convince them to seek help of their own volition.

They are cutting ties with anyone who dares to say anything about seeking help. It's all the same delusion... they're so deep in their paranoia. Also, I'm not that close with them, I didn't even get this information from themselves but a friend of us both, so I'm in no position to recommend them any kind of medical help. And if they only knew who was it to tell me about this... they wouldn't be friends anymore either :unsure: I was the last resort to be contacted in this but I don't know what to do with this. They have an active contact to medical staff but they're not telling all this to the doctors so they don't get any hold of what's really going on here.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They are cutting ties with anyone who dares to say anything about seeking help. It's all the same delusion... they're so deep in their paranoia. Also, I'm not that close with them, I didn't even get this information from themselves but a friend of us both, so I'm in no position to recommend them any kind of medical help. And if they only knew who was it to tell me about this... they wouldn't be friends anymore either :unsure: I was the last resort to be contacted in this but I don't know what to do with this. They have an active contact to medical staff but they're not telling all this to the doctors so they don't get any hold of what's really going on here.
Unfortunately the only option is to call mental health services on them but that could lead to a no-win situation for you.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Unfortunately the only option is to call mental health services on them but that could lead to a no-win situation for you.

I don't care about no-wins. It might be a tricky situation for me in terms of getting all the sh*t and screaming to my face for a couple of months, I know that, but getting involved in this in any way can be destructive for my health in other ways.

Also, I studied my options a bit and still, when it's about a grown up person, it's really hard to get them into any kind of involuntary treatment if they aren't e.g. suicidal. So contacting any doctors about this might just make things worse. They don't trust the ones who are trying to help, it's all about paranoia atm.

I might have other ways to draw the health care focus into this, but I have to consider it very carefully to avoid any unnecessary harm or acting on false grounds. I'll have to think.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This COVID stuff scares the heck out of me. Especially the horror stories I hear even if you recover. If the virus is severe then you need ventilator to breathe.

Wear your mask y'all
People are being careless, and stupid about Coronavirus/COVID19 that I saw people WITHOUT masks. Yes, it's a hassle to wear masks, especially when you have asthma.

I've heard stories where a RESTAURANT full of people DID NOT wear masks, not even the staff. I walked into my asthma doctor's office... NO MASKS from ANY staff (receptionist, nurses, etc.) with an exception of the doctor.

I do have a habit of touching some surfaces, when I shouldn't been. It's going to take a lot of getting used to not touching stuff, but we have to be mindful

But. Fuuuuck, tho. It's going to get worse before it gets better. **** the China Communist Party (CCP), honestly.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
People are being careless, and stupid about Coronavirus/COVID19 that I saw people WITHOUT masks. Yes, it's a hassle to wear masks, especially when you have asthma.

I've heard stories where a RESTAURANT full of people DID NOT wear masks, not even the staff. I walked into my asthma doctor's office... NO MASKS from ANY staff (receptionist, nurses, etc.) with an exception of the doctor.

I do have a habit of touching some surfaces, when I shouldn't been. It's going to take a lot of getting used to not touching stuff, but we have to be mindful

But. Fuuuuck, tho. It's going to get worse before it gets better. **** the China Communist Party (CCP), honestly.

Just curious: are masks obligatory in your country? Here they aren't, and it was said by the researchers that if we were to use masks, they should be mandatory by law, because a mask doesn't protect it's wearer, only the people around them. So the masks would only be effective if everyone used them, and that would require a law for it. It is still a rare sight in here, I bet I've seen less than 10 people with masks during the whole pandemic.

Now people have forgot the whole thing it seems. When you go to any store, people are standing very close to each other. The marketplace is full of people every afternoon... I decided not to go there anymore because I'm seeing a lot of people at work and living with a bunch of waitresses etc, so if anyone here gets covid, it will be a disaster :facepalm:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Just curious: are masks obligatory in your country? Here they aren't, and it was said by the researchers that if we were to use masks, they should be mandatory by law, because a mask doesn't protect it's wearer, only the people around them. So the masks would only be effective if everyone used them, and that would require a law for it. It is still a rare sight in here, I bet I've seen less than 10 people with masks during the whole pandemic.

Now people have forgot the whole thing it seems. When you go to any store, people are standing very close to each other. The marketplace is full of people every afternoon... I decided not to go there anymore because I'm seeing a lot of people at work and living with a bunch of waitresses etc, so if anyone here gets covid, it will be a disaster :facepalm:
It's a 50/50 kind of split, some states are mandatory, and some are not. Where I live, it's not a requirement, but more and more states are becoming "ok, we need to be stronger on this" that, it's becoming more mandatory. The cities inside states are getting stronger on it. The county where I live is making it mandatory. How effective it's going to be... dunno. But other places (like California) are charging people $1000 per "not wearing mask" ticket.

I, my family are putting masks on in our favor. We want to live, but people around us aren't paying attention. Some are putting masks, but most don't care. It's mostly people who don't think Coronavirus is real, and it's a hoax.. It's because Trump isn't. Thing is, Trump doesn't believe in science or medicine like most presidents. He thinks those are a waste of State funds. In fact, he defunded W.H.O. because they're bending their asses over for China. Like, China's government keeps telling them "these are the numbers," and "please tell them this." That's where I agree with Trump on, but I don't agree with some of his ideas, like global warming: He thinks it's not real, but it is in some cases. It's not often global warming is triggered, but when it does, you should really listen.

I like Trump, but he makes some bad decisions. He hosted a rally recently, with I think 6,500 people, with more outside. Why? Because protests.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This might be my last post here... I got a 50-year old radio from work, I should check if it works and it looks like it's gonna explode when I insert batteries.

So if I don't return, you know what happened.

There's probably going to be a huge mushroom cloud and a giant hole where a country called Finland used to be.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@therogis
Best of luck.

The first Jak games had design bibles that are available online. They are interesting reads and some details were never used. So if you were to adapt Jak and Daxter.....just saying.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

It didn't work :( the battery connectors are probably oxidated. I'm trying to find a power cable for it today.
But I don't know about it... I'll have to think about the safety if I find it. The radio is full metal coated (mostly aluminum, I think) and I used a knife inside it to get the power on. Yesterday I thought that if I get an electric shock from it it's gonna be no more than 1,5V, no worries, just a little zap on the fingertips, but if I plug it in it's gonna be 220V AC current... o_O

My boss wouldn't be among the ones who would get their dreams come true if I just electrocuted myself to death during this summer, it would be horribly expensive for the company :D

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm always suspicious of NaNo when it starts off well. What strange horrors do you have in store for me this month, words? What are you up to?

+ My sleep schedule is such rubbish right now.

Top Bottom