• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'VE GOT A NARRATOR! =D I cannot wait to work with her and get WoN's audiobook out there. -Fingers crossed everything goes well-

+In other news, one year ago today Kaz became a member of our family--and despite all the hair and the dirt, I wouldn't have it any other way. <3

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thought about how different the culture is here Vs the country I grew up in.
Here the teachers are nice and fun. My kid's teacher threatened to shoot students with a Nerf if they don't complete an assignment by the deadline, and he followed through. I know because my kid told me he was a target when he didn't finish his work. They are also more flexible with individual academic goals. Kids don't get much homework or sit many tests/exams, and they are so sooooooo disrespectful.
Whereas in the other country, we got sent home every day with heavy bags full of homework for every subject due back the next day. If we misbehaved or didn't follow class rules, we got punished physically in front of the whole class. And this was OK with our parents. Some parents even encouraged and applauded teachers to discipline their kids by any means. I know I was lucky to be a girl. Boys were still getting beat with leather or wooden spatulas in high school. Majority of kids got beat at home, too. With plastic pipes, and high heeled shoes, and belts, whatever was nearest to the parent in the moment. A lot of families had a sambok or wooden spoon engraved with some stupid name specifically for beatings. It worked to keep kids in their place. It worked to motivate kids to work hard and work well : this is why South Africans are known as some of the hardest workers out there (mind you, I think we're in a tie with Koreans).
This method didn't create respect, though. Shutting up and doing as you're told because the other option is a beating, is not respect. It's fear. And you get to a point, I think, for me and a few others, where you become desensitized to pain and fear. You become outspoken. You crave confrontation. I got to a stage as a kid where I just couldn't stand authority. Don't tell me what to do. You can't make me. Try it, bring it on, but I'm not budging. And I'm still like that, to my perfectionist husband's dismay.
So I was thinking about the school songs kids sing these days...at sports and such...I don't think they have what we had. A thankful song to sing on the bus on the way back from a school trip. Or a song to express our favour for a teacher. We sang about how they are bakgat.
I wanted to tell my kids about it so had to translate it. It hit me that bakgat means badass. I'm over 30 and I never realised this. I am so ashamed. I mean...HOW?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't get why comedy isn't as respected as drama. Making people laugh is generally way harder than making them cry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Whatculture.com once fancasted Aaron Paul (breaking bad) as DmC Dante.

I'm curious about how that would play out.

Funny thing is i always thought of Dante as a potential criminal in his past. Like he was a part of a gang or something.

He still hunted demons but it wasn't always aboveboard.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I probably wouldn't do a buffy reboot- I'd just do a sequel with a new slayer. Angel is harder because his story felt more about him. You could try using his son connor but idk.

I like Spike but i don't know if he can anchor a show on his own. He works better as a foil. The comics did try and maybe with the reboot they will try again.

Goldsickle

Had a weird dream that I was playing the latest Silent Hill title.
The format of the game is fixed camera angles but what really stood out for me is the appearance of the "trench coat man".

The trench coat man is a humanoid covered in leathery skin and the way its skin hangs out of its head, waist and thighs makes it look like a person wearing a trench coat from afar.

You're supposed to position the protagonist in out-of-the-way locations in the map to have camera shift, revealing the trench coat man observing you from an out-of-reach location, before showing itself out.
The trench coat man can also appear in reflections, like a bathroom mirror.

Supposedly, "the mysteries of the trench coat man will reveal itself once you have discovered all the appearances" or something but I just started playing.

While a new Silent Hill title may be something that's not gonna happen for now but the trench coat man idea seems like something I could implement if I ever make a horror game.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I've got a nice, beautiful pair of snake earcuffs, they're just not my style anymore, so I want to give them for someone. I don't want to throw them away but it seems no one's interested :unsure:

Just wondering whether the Salvation Army would like to have them, probably not, after all they're just a pair of cheap earcuffs and they don't probably want any second hand earrings even though they can be easily sanitized.

I don't know why this is such a big deal for me, I just don't want to throw them in a trash bin.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I...think the dog literally just got jealous of the hub "aww-ing" over a tiger cub on TV.

Which is honestly really cute, considering it involved him coming to me for reassurance. :whistle:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DmC 's TGS 10 trailer reminded me of Jak from Jak2.

So I probably wouldn't mind if Jak gets rebooted to be like Dante.

Naughty dog....I'm just saying..... :wink::whistle:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't get why comedy isn't as respected as drama. Making people laugh is generally way harder than making them cry.
I noticed that, too. It's not just where you live (Italy), it's everywhere in U.S. too. You find it on YouTube, and the feedback loop is from SJW's crying about how offensive everything is. Wah. Go cry me a river.

Comedy today is going to have a tough economy for a while until these idiots stop being idiots.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Honestly must be a nice smelling thing

It is. The hub's been in a baking mood lately so it's pretty much been every day this week. By December it'll be me with the sugar cookies, lol.

CT: I'm going to get so much done today, just so I can justify bingeing Season 5 of Peaky Blinders later and getting in some BotW tonight (it's been a week. I needs it).

Top Bottom