• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Haha I had to google for "PA day" :D Learning something new again! Do you often or regularly have that kind of days?

Ehh...sort of? For some reason it always happens on the second Friday of the new school year. Haven't yet figured out why, but aside from that, it usually falls near long weekends. For example, if it's a statutory holiday on Monday, the kids will get the previous Friday off to make it a 4-day weekend instead of just a 3. (I think it also has to do with the holidays given to military personnel, though it doesn't always line up. Sometimes my husband gets a day off our daughter doesn't, and vice-versa).

CT: 2 hours spent in my friend's company and I'm completely wiped. I like her (obviously) but our differences regarding political views is draining (primarily because she has no problem saying her piece, but I keep mine to myself. The fact that she's moved a few streets down has definitely been of benefit where that is concerned.)

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
2 hours spent in my friend's company and I'm completely wiped. I like her (obviously) but our differences regarding political views is draining (primarily because she has no problem saying her piece, but I keep mine to myself. The fact that she's moved a few streets down has definitely been of benefit where that is concerned.)
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't think she wants to put a burden of listening to her views, it's just that Brexit is hurting everyone over there. She sounds like a republican who wants better taxes for her business. You need to understand that people have motives for their views. When I started my business, the secretary of state wanted $1,000 despite not actually making money for the year. So, I went back and modified the company to convert it into an S Corp designation to be seen as a startup. I wanted a corporation for the ease of getting investment easily, without having to convert from an LLC down the line which would entail more time, and money. The thing is this: Democrats here in U.S. wants more money from everything. Republicans wants to give people more money, or save more money to better the economy. This is what your friend is trying to do.

The bigger issue is that from my understanding, Brexit is currently the recession before the actual recession. From what I understand, prices are skyrocketing over there. Rent is high, Real Estate is high, taxes are high, more confusing governmental controls, and longer bill creation and YOU , your friend has to wait for the parliment to finish all the laws so you can live better.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of Malcolm Tucker calling Grindelwald a "twat".

PS. I vaguely know what that means. Forgive me, my British brother and sisters.

:whistle::blush:

PSS. I feel like Malcolm Tucker would have a field day with Voldermort.

He doesn't need the elder wand- he's got the power of swearing......:wink:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
No, no regrets - just an amazing opportunity! Props to you for going for it and for your other half being so supportive about the whole thing :D

Yeah it's an amazing opportunity, and a dream coming true (if I will be nominated) but it's also scary and exciting :D Last summer was rough for me as I was working the whole summer on the other side of Finland. I was really homesick, for the last two weeks I woke up every morning telling myself "only 14 days to go... only 13 more to go... only 12 to go...". But after all, I made it, and I'm glad I was there.

If I didn't apply for the exchange semester now, I know I would regret it for the rest of my life. So this was definitely the right decision.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wonder if they might make Morbius a Bat-Totem in his movie? In the comics, Morbius is a pseudo-vampire that's kinda a vampire but lacks the religious aspects- Stakes don't hurt the same way, garlic just stinks, crosses don't matter, sunlight doesn't make him explode, etc.

A "totem" is a person with animal powers in Marvel comics. Spiderman and the other spider-people are considered "totems" as well as Black Panther. There is a being called Morlun that hunts "totems" for "reasons" and he would be a good overarching threat for the Sony-Verse.

So maybe they might explain pseudo-vampires as Bat-totems?

:nailbiting:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Also I came back to tell you that I'm super excited :nailbiting: I finally decided to fulfill one of my childhood's dreams and apply for an exchange period in another country!!
Thumbs up, let's hope I will be selected :thumbsup:

I got an e-mail and YAAAASSS
THEY ACCEPTED IT!!

I was nominated for my second option! (I had four possible destinations in my application)

:woot:

I can't breathe.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
That's awesome news! So where will you be placed?

Northern Germany :thumbsup:
I want to develop my German skills, that's why I applied to Austria and two cities in Germany. I applied also to Czech Republic, but it was holding the last place on my list (although it would've not been bad to be placed there either!)

So I'm gonna live about six months abroad. Six months. Wow. :eek: :woot:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I try to post on Reddit sometimes, but their moderators are so stupid, it boggles my mind how anyone could post a thread on Reddit these days. I see ****ing youtube video being embedded, and I decide to do the same, but my post gets "removed" because stupid moderator thinks it's low quality. I posted my livestreams where there WERE some places that I've found to have some glitches, but nooo... these moderators are like SJW's keeping the small guy down.

I feel like Reddit hates me or some stupid ****.

Where do I find new gamers, man? It's all so frustrating.

Top Bottom