• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:mad::mad:To the people who shot at Reuben and Steve: may you get constant food poisoning, a backed up toilet with no TP, and get your f***ing fingers caught in the door wherever you may go, from now until you die, Amen.

Also, my head hurts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto I think the enemy got hit by rolling blaze multiple times since it was right on top of Dante. And I think the extra hit at the end was just a perfectly timed air kick.
It looks like an ax kick rather than a dive kick but you might be right. It might just be that his foot is hidden by the flame. I just never seen Dante do a full spin like that at such low heights so it really threw me off. In DMC1 there is no small jumps. The regular jump is pretty tall, way higher than the height of most enemies, and I tried jumping that low again and couldn't do it. I want to see if I can do it again but I'm not sure how I did it the first time.

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
It looks like an ax kick rather than a dive kick but you might be right. It might just be that his foot is hidden by the flame. I just never seen Dante do a full spin like that at such low heights so it really threw me off. In DMC1 there is no small jumps. The regular jump is pretty tall, way higher than the height of most enemies, and I tried jumping that low again and couldn't do it. I want to see if I can do it again but I'm not sure how I did it the first time.
Yeah the unnaturally low jump threw me for a loop too. I had to watch the clip a few times to get an idea of what might have happened.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There are a whole bunch of things that end up with the name Devil May Cry. That one song from the Weekend, an album by a rapper named Donnie Darko, that novel from what I think is called the dark hunter series, no. 11, I think. Anyway, found this on Youtube, another song that's jiffed the name:

Anyway. It's funny to think but somehow I can't imagine none of these things ever having that name had the game not existed since I can't find anything that has the name before the game. All things that have that name came after the game. Is it possible that each of those people came up with the title on their own? Sure, but I don't believe it. The name has such a Japanese tone to it, the kind of thing that is composed of words that legally make sense but seems more interested in sounding good than making sense, still leaves you wondering 'what kind of title is that?' Something akin to Killer is Dead or Nights into Dreams or Infinite Undiscovery and End of Eternity. There is just something rather Japanese about it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
There are a whole bunch of things that end up with the name Devil May Cry. That one song from the Weekend, an album by a rapper named Donnie Darko, that novel from what I think is called the dark hunter series, no. 11, I think. Anyway, found this on Youtube, another song that's jiffed the name:

Anyway. It's funny to think but somehow I can't imagine none of these things ever having that name had the game not existed since I can't find anything that has the name before the game. All things that have that name came after the game. Is it possible that each of those people came up with the title on their own? Sure, but I don't believe it. The name has such a Japanese tone to it, the kind of thing that is composed of words that legally make sense but seems more interested in sounding good than making sense, still leaves you wondering 'what kind of title is that?' Something akin to Killer is Dead or Nights into Dreams or Infinite Undiscovery and End of Eternity. There is just something rather Japanese about it.
Weirder stuff has happened in the past honestly, lest we forget the ridiculous number of coincidences that went into "Dennis the Menace". :eek:

-----
Anyways, I think I'm finally getting back in shape. I can now jog the entire way to work without having to stop. Granted I'm still on the floor, gasping for air at the end...but at least I'm on time! :hungover:

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, I posted a video of a song yesterday called Devil May Cry and my youtube feed gave me this recommendation. Unlike the other one, thought, this one has 5's logo on the thumbnail. I don't think it's official music. Provably a fan song.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Fascinating conversation with someone who came in the shop yesterday - a guy who is now a woman(although the deep voice threw me for a bit) came looking for earrings. Cue a 45 minute conversation about shoes, being different, the attitudes between the north and south of England...and then when I mentioned being a Christian and going to church, she physically took a step back and became momentarily guarded.

There was no basis for the reaction, just prejudice, and I found it really interesting to be on the receiving end (didn't bother me, we ended up joking about it)

She doesn't live around here but said she'll be visiting from time to time so I asked her to pop back in whenever she had a moment for a cup of tea and a catch up.

Really hope she does...if nothing else, I want her jacket...

Top Bottom