• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
How does it feel going on a mission to save the guy who took your father's life?
Wow, Nero, you've grown into a dick. Thank goodness your mama is not around to clip you around the ear for being an asshat.
MFW.
I mean okay I know he's had his arm brutally ripped off and *insert list of traumatic experiences* but :poop:.
I really never thought I'd call Nero one of those.
RIP sweet witty ol' Nero.:'(

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That was a bullet dodge!

Who knew it was her mobile number that I could enter to get a code to reactivate my old email account...

Now I’ve got my codes and I’ll be downloading my game later.

Heck yeah!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Visual presentation to me in RPGs matters. A lot. I think it's really a shame when developers don't put the effort that area of their game deserves.
And when I say visual presentation I don't mean sheer graphical fidelity. Things like how the characters look, how they're animated, how the ITEMS look, even.

It really frustrates me when I see games like Dragon Age: Origins, with compelling tactical combat and intriguing characters... which however look and are animated like literal dolls kids play with. Seriously, whenever they move they all look like there's the invisible hand of a toddler manipulating their limbs, and the stiffness of their idle position makes that even more of a jarring sight and an awkward contrast. Not to mention the fact that it commits the same sin Neverwinter Nights 2 did, in that the armors look somewhat cartoonish and all that really creates an overall really rough presentation when the world is supposed to be gritty and taken seriously. It takes me out of the experience and breaks my immersion so much that I just can't enjoy the game because of it.

And talking about stiffness, oh boy Mass Effect is the champion for that, where every character, especially Shepard, looks like they've got a broomstick up their backside all the time. What's worse is that that reflects on the controls too, which to me feel so clunky and uncomfortable, it affects the actual gameplay as well. Which is also why I just can't enjoy Resident Evil games for the life of me (RE is not an RPG but still, its controls are even worse and I can't fathom how could anyone think replacing turning with strafing was gonna be a good idea).

It's also why I disliked the first Neverwinter Night patch that accompanied its first expansion, for some unknown reason they changed the running animation from a perfectly normal jogging to some kind of Naruto run pose, it was so cringy that the modding community rushed to make a mod that would replace it with the old animation, the sole thought of it makes me chuckle to this day.

Oh well. Can't have everything all the time I guess. Still, I do expect more from AAA productions, when even smaller projects made by smaller studios realize that this stuff matters.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
While sitting on the toilet I had an epiphany. I have to things that I need to change. I may not act upon them at all but hey I realized something so I'll take the points. :D

When I condensed 3 chapters into 1 chapter the sheer amount of endorphins released into my noggin was yummy. I won't lie. :inlove:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I remembered this scene from first Capaldi episode and it made me incredibly sad by how shallow and dull Whittaker confrontation with her new villain was. Whole scene for her was boiled to "OMG I'm so random". I really hope it improves with the time.

Top Bottom