• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
This sort-of break is nearing its end, methinks. I still have more cross-referencing to do, but once I catch up on it, it'll be nice to get back into my daily writing routine. Here's hoping I'll be able to juggle ST and the Cyberpunk when that happens. ^^;

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, I was real excited when I woke up to work the graveyard shift last night. I'm always in bed before ten, so I've never really gotten to see the nightlife in the town. So before I headed into work, I walked the length of the town...only to find nobody in it!

I suppose it's hard to have a nightlife in a town where everything is shut after 11PM. :unsure:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Having a private box at the royal Albert hall to watch a band last night was pretty gosh darned cool. The acoustics are a little crap thanks to the dismal sound system but it was a stripped back set so not too noticeable.

But what a gorgeous building and a fun night, even though I'm not a fan of Biffy Clyro.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Picked up Valkyria Chronicles 4 today. I already like it way more than I liked Valkyria Revolution. Just from a presentation perspective it is a step above Valkyria Revolution. Here's to hoping that I love it as much as I loved the first game.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Adopted this boy yesterday:

42595325_10156298578463500_5405933416870838272_n.jpg
Technically it's foster-to-own, but since we have no intentions of giving him up, it will be official October 5th.

If I'm on less for a bit, now you know why. xD

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Why is everyone so upset that Nagini was human all along? Like...this doesn't change anything of the original plot. She was still in the form of a snake the entire time. She can still turn into a snake in the new movies. It doesn't...change...anything. She's still just as dead in the end as she would be if she were just a regular snake. :unsure:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Why is everyone so upset that Nagini was human all along? Like...this doesn't change anything of the original plot. She was still in the form of a snake the entire time. She can still turn into a snake in the new movies. It doesn't...change...anything. She's still just as dead in the end as she would be if she were just a regular snake. :unsure:
But Shadow! Nagini being South Korean all along means you have "an Asian woman being subservient to a white man! And that's a racist trope and fetish!" (An actual quote I'm not even joking.)

CT: Custom charges suuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! :mad:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
But Shadow! Nagini being South Korean all along means you have "an Asian woman being subservient to a white man! And that's a racist trope and fetish!" (An actual quote I'm not even joking.)

I...I...oh, dear gods. Considering that Voldemort and Grindelwald's whole "blood purity" things are essentially commentaries on racism, I just...really, people? Really? It's a snake-women in a fantasy series originally aimed at children with an intent of delivering morality lessons in the wrappings of cool wizards and magic powers, can we just...not? Y'all wanna just...go outside and breathe in some nice fresh air and maybe focus on the bad, scary things that are legitimately impacting the world instead of fantasy snake ladies? Please...? -tired- It's not...real...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well, the paradigm has definitely shifted. Somehow, I don't see more than the bare minimum getting done where work's concerned. House cleaning has gotten a whole lot more interesting, too. Still, I know it's temporary, and given the reason for my lack of productivity...well, I wouldn't have it any other way. ^^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Still don’t understand how if Nagini also had a soul that Voldemort couldn’t have somehow split her soul and used those for his own horcruxes or something. I always thought that even when I only knew Nagini as a snake, because animals would still have souls especially in the HP universe. Always seemed odd to me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I am excited about the Broly (Dragon Ball) movie but I must admit I am still on the fence when it comes to his new look. Especially his "Full power" Super Saiyan form. It looks too "bubbly." But then again I'm still iffy on the Shintani artwork so yeah...

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I just remembered the time dril made a joke about the Keebler Elves and how a lot of people thought it was racist and now I made myself sad.
---------------
Reminder that writing a female character to be incredibly rude and treating everyone around her like trash does not make her "strong" and "empowered" it just makes her a total asshole.
----------------
I'd just like everybody to know that Back to the Future Part II is the best BTTF movie and this is an actual fact.

Last edited:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
To be honest, Nintendo should put Goku in Smash solely because Latin American sales would skyrocket. I know "dude what if they put in Goku" is a meme answer like Shrek or whatever, but it genuinely would be a smart business move to put him in to appease Latin America, since, especially in Mexico, Dragon Ball is essentially a religion over there.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@ItWasAnEggTimer I personally would love to see Son Goku in Smash. I know Sakarai and his team would produce wonderful "smash versions" of "Mystical Adventure" (DB's opening) and "I'll give you Romance" (DB's ending) songs. Plus the very thought of smashing Mario with Goku gives me joy, so.much.joy!

Moving on! So did you know Spider-Man's "crush" in Spider-man Homecoming is named "Liz?" I didn't know that and I've watched the movie twice!

Top Bottom