• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
"Bus drives into house in High Wycombe"

Been saying for years those drivers are all drunk or stoned or both. Holmer Green is hardly full of sharp turns and steep inclines. Only way that idiot managed to get into their living room was sheer idiocy.

Also, that's what happens when you switch from Arriva to Carousel for your bus services.

Never stop being happy I left that place...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Discovered last night that apparently Vader was inspired by Masamune. How and why him specifically out of all the samurai lords, I don't know; all I do know is, I fangirled a little inside. :inlove: (For though the Masamune of SB is the version I like most, and while an over-the-top--well, I dunno if "caricature" fits, but something like it--of the original, the SB one was still fairly true to the original in terms of actions.)

+...And another headache begins. x_x For crying out loud, I'm not doing anything mentally strenuous. Let me work in peace.

Viper

Premium
Discovered last night that apparently Vader was inspired by Masamune. How and why him specifically out of all the samurai lords, I don't know; all I do know is, I fangirled a little inside. :inlove: (For though the Masamune of SB is the version I like most, and while an over-the-top--well, I dunno if "caricature" fits, but something like it--of the original, the SB one was still fairly true to the original in terms of actions.)

+...And another headache begins. x_x For crying out loud, I'm not doing anything mentally strenuous. Let me work in peace.
Wikipedia says it was only the helmet of Date Masamune that was the inspiration for one worn by Vader (his army was also recognized by its black armor).
The real person, once he outgrew his reckless youth, was known as an ethical and loyal man, a patron of culture and Christianity. Not what one would use for a villain.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Star Wars being based on Feudal Japan and the samurai movies of Akira Kurosawa is one of the oldest quiz questions. Originally the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi was offered to legendary Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune.

But most fun of all, is the Japanese Merchandise of the series.
gogatsu-ningyo.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wikipedia says it was only the helmet of Date Masamune that was the inspiration for one worn by Vader (his army was also recognized by its black armor).
The real person, once he outgrew his reckless youth, was known as an ethical and loyal man, a patron of culture and Christianity. Not what one would use for a villain.

I had gathered as much, lol. :tongue: I just don't get how his helmet in particular was chosen, when other samurai lords possessed helms much closer in design to Vader's own.

As to Masamune as a person, even in his reckless years, he still had good moral standing, I think; he just lacked the wisdom and experience to utilize it as needed. Luckily he lived long enough to become the person he was meant to be.

@Blackquill Then I'm very late to the party, it would seem. :blush: (Lol, interesting merch, indeed).

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Thinking of going out this Wednesday (as in properly going out, with friends, booze and the like) which will be the first time I'll properly be going out lol. Issue is that I live about 1.5 hours away from Amsterdam, which is where I study and where most of the going-out people go out. My last train back home leaves at 0:22 am so if I do go out I'll probably only be able to stay until like 11 pm...

But hey it could be fun. And who knows, maybe I can finally get a conversation going with a certain someone if she's there too...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Next time Bell, try letting your customers know you'll be doing maintenance on phone and internet services for the bloody day. :facepalm: (Not that it matters; dropping them come the new year, and switching to Cogeco. Gods, I hope their service is better).

+Well, come first thing tomorrow, I'll be gone for the next 6 or 7 days. I'll miss you, forums. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Yule, Happy Hanukah, Kwanza...etc. May food and good company be plentiful! ^^ See yous guys later!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
No no no no no.

Now is not the time for another soft tissue/rib disaster, please.

Boxing Day is fine - hang on for a few more days and then go nuts.

I have enough codeine stashed to see me through for a while.

But not until December 26th.

Ta.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Well, I'm really nervous since in 2 hours I'll go to get my grades and... Well. I mean, I know I passed 5 of 7, but I don't know the grades of the last 2 and that's why I'm scared. Like, I've been awaken since 7 AM 'cause of my nerves and it's only 9 AM here.
Changing the topic, I read Tracer's comic yesterday. It was really cute and I'm glad she's happy with her girlfriend, also, it's a big step for Blizzard to make since she's basically Overwatch's mascot and some people are really salty right now, but that's their problem. Quoting the internet: "Cheers, love! The cavalry's queer!"

Top Bottom