• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow Yay! *Throws confetti* =D You'll have to let me know when you update. ^^

CT: Hmm...not much housework left to do. It's nice when he gets hit with the urge to Spring clean--the kitchen is much more organized, now. :thumbsup: I should be able to get the few chores left done today, no problem.

Then editing! ^^ And Fairy Tail.

+I should have brewed a bigger pot.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Shadow Yay! *Throws confetti* =D You'll have to let me know when you update. ^^

CT: Hmm...not much housework left to do. It's nice when he gets hit with the urge to Spring clean--the kitchen is much more organized, now. :thumbsup: I should be able to get the few chores left done today, no problem.

Then editing! ^^ And Fairy Tail.

+I should have brewed a bigger pot.

Will do. ^^ Good luck!

Thinking:
The new laptop is off getting the old laptop's docs and stuff added on to it. So now I'm on mum's. Maybe that means I'll get to play sims...and hopefully my flashdrive won't need to reformat itself. D:

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is something to be said about an industry that casts those who look the part over those who are the part. Natalie Wood as Maria, a Puerto Rican been played 1nd generation American from Russian immigrants, Antonio Banderas, a Spaniard playing almost exclusively Mexican roles, Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, and Michelle Yeoh, 3 of China's finest actresses playing Japanese roles in Memoirs of a Geisha and those are just a few examples off the top of my head.

White washing and typecasting have been around for a long time and both have bothered me. When I was young I thought it was a stupid and borderline racist way of doing things. Now a days I take it with less condemning views, that if the actor/actress is capable of pulling off the role to do it they should be given a fair chance. When they change the very nature of a character to 'appeal to American audiences' then I take issue; Like how they wanted to change it from Neo-Tokyo to Neo-L.A. for the Akira movie. F*** That.

Add to that that if you set a movie anywhere besides an English speaking country and they speak nothing but English than it's clearly BS, it's a movie and it's more fake than a plastic replica.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I am a firm believer in ability over appearance so long as it doesn't affect the character or the story.

For example, you couldn't have a white guy playing the superhero Static in Static Shock as Vergil being African American comes up as a plot point a couple of times, most notably when he finds out that his best friend Ritchie's father is racist.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Watched the last episode of Supernatural.
The feels!
Amanda-Seyfried-6.gif

This is what I loved about watching the show. You really care more about the characters and their desires than about the actual plot and the truckload of subplots. Nevermind all that 'God quit' and 'angels going renegade' and vessels and schnitzel like that. Gimme Dean and Sam just doing what they do and coming across deceased family and friends (who were not then but are now).
I'd be happy if they resolved the show to just the two of them doing what they did in the beginning of the series.
Or.
You know. With their dad. Erm. *cough* :blush:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Also, I agree that we should be allowed to double-post in certain instances.
We are allowed/permitted/able to double post in certain instances.
Certain instances which do not include:
- replying/quoting to everyone else in separate posts
- being impatient for replies
- hogging someone else's thread
- having an online conversation with yourself
- adding another post because you forgot to add an integral detail to your previous one

I'm just kind of kidding. Double posting is a no-no and you shouldn't do it, BUT there ARE certain instances where you can without getting a flying mod backhand. Like in the fanfiction forum, etc. It's where and why you double post that's up for discretion. Sometimes it's okay. Depending. On a whole bunch of factors.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Psychological projection is a delicious thing:
You find a guy, get sour over the fact the guy reminds you of a third person ( a friend who let you down for whatever reason) and you simply pursue that person every where he/ she goes with the excuse "he reminds me X, so I want to get my revenge through him". What you don't understand is that the proxy not only reminds you a traitor but someone who you loved so much and you still want that person back.
Conclusion:
You want your beloved friend back.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why must sleep be so elusive? :sleep: I won't be able to maintain the façade of being a functional human being, at this rate.

+I wonder if it will show up this week? :nailbiting:

++Revise another WoN chapter, and then FotS? Yeah, let's do that.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Ah, going to play some witchet 3 today and see if I can get the rest of my witcher gear. Lol and or just end up playing more gwent. ~×~

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was over at 4chan last night and it was littered with threads about the pose changes for Tracer from Overwatch. I got to learn quite a few things from it and it was lively debate.

For one, it seems that one of the feminists who writes a lot of those articles complaining about all the things that video games do to oppress her wrote a book on how to fight common arguments that are brought up when debating with, I don't know, the enemy? It's a guide for geek girls and how to win arguments for feminist debates. The section that they showed specifically was on the whole 'Only women are objectified in Comics, movies, video games and other media.' The argument been that the women are the object of men's sexual fantasies and therefore objectified and the men are the idealized version of themselves therefore their power fantasies, thus there is nothing for women there.

I called BS pretty damn quickly and brought up how the other day, this is a true story, by the way, I overheard this conversation between two women about the new Superman actor, Henry Cavil, and believe me, it wasn't about how he was a male power fantasy. I got called on it, the guy said 'yeah, because those two represent all women.' My response was almost exactly this: 'Son, don't even. I was raised in a house full women, I heard it every day. Besides, I'm not the one who claims that whatever 'triggers me' triggers my entire race/religion/sex and therefore it must be banned from all homes.'

I concluded with this other person who was just like 'what's the big deal, it's just a few poses.' Which I agreed with, it is just a few poses. The issue wasn't that they changed it and if this was a rare instance, something that only happened every now and then it wouldn't be a big deal. The issue was the fact that this is practically a weekly occurrence. The Nintendo owners have it the worst. To that someone told me that we were exaggerating, it wasn't censorship, it was pandering, that they changed it because it didn't fit her character. That's only half of it, though. Just because it's pandering doesn't mean it wasn't censorship. The argument wasn't 'We thought about it and decided that it was just not like her to pose like that,' it was 'someone complained, we're changing it because we don't want to offend anyone.' When the propelling force is 'it offended me therefore no one else may view it' it's censorship.

Anyway, I know people keep telling me that I shouldn't go there because it's... Well, it's 4chan, the self proclaimed septic tank of the internet but you find so much cool s*** there. Look what I found this morning:
How is that not just most f***ing bad ass thing... PERIOD!? RIGHT!? RIGHT!?

Edit:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/708/...ease-remove-guns-from-your-game-"overwatch."/
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Honestly, I just have a passive interest in this game, but it's all of the rest that seems kind of fascinating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom