• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Just finished The Last of Us again, man does that game stay in your thoughts even after walking away from it. I'm curious, what do you guys think about Joel's decision in the end? Would you make a different one? Also if there's a Last of Us 2, I hope they let us make big decisions like that in the game ourselves with huge repercussions that carry on to the next game like Mass Effect. That's probably asking way too much but it would be awesome.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@berto: Do people really...? Are people really so...? -bangs head on the wall repeatedly at the ridiculousness- I feel like getting an account just to say "You know what? You guys are right! There is a problem with the guns in this game! ...there's not enough. And there's not enough people to shoot. And I really need a nice, skimpy outfit to wear. More please." but I just don't feel like dealing with that level of irrationality.

Thinking:
So...I'm not going to have a laptop of my own until the first day of NaNo. :| I'm never gonna get this prep done.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Just finished The Last of Us again, man does that game stay in your thoughts even after walking away from it. I'm curious, what do you guys think about Joel's decision in the end? Would you make a different one? Also if there's a Last of Us 2, I hope they let us make big decisions like that in the game ourselves with huge repercussions that carry on to the next game like Mass Effect. That's probably asking way too much but it would be awesome.
I don't blame Joel he ended up seeing Ellie like a daughter and I don't think I could allow someone I love to be sacrificed.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto: Do people really...? Are people really so...? -bangs head on the wall repeatedly at the ridiculousness- I feel like getting an account just to say "You know what? You guys are right! There is a problem with the guns in this game! ...there's not enough. And there's not enough people to shoot. And I really need a nice, skimpy outfit to wear. More please." but I just don't feel like dealing with that level of irrationality.
It doesn't help that sometimes you just want to scream at these irrational tools to leave our bloody video games alone but that would just add to the fire.

Usually I'd say we need to be the bigger people, that if we act with sensibility, rationality, logically, and maturely we will ultimately be the ones to be seen as the better of the two but unfortunately these cretins are using something far more insidious than just plain old irrationality, they are preying on people's nature to do the right thing. Like a christian trying to guilt you into donating because 'of course you don't have to, if you can sleep knowing the children are the ones who are cold and hungry' they throw their slogans around because everyone wants equality for women but they make it sound like there is this enormous part of the population that is conspiring against that and any decent person would not want that for their love ones nor to be the reason for it.

There is a special place in hell for those who exploit the good nature of people for their selfish wants, I have no doubt about that. For example, Sarkisian just started a little campaign where she talks about the amazing atheist, not by name, mind you, because he said not to support her little campaign to raise money for her next unfinished product but instead to donate to a charity to help women around the globe in real need of that money, another fact she neglected to mention.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I don't blame Joel he ended up seeing Ellie like a daughter and I don't think I could allow someone I love to be sacrificed.
Especially in that world, everyone has already become so f***ed up that I'm not sure it's worth saving. I struggle with saying that because my instincts tell me that it would be better to save the world and it's people no matter what but then again to Joel it would be like losing his daughter for the second time, so I don't blame him either way.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I've always thought that Joel was in the wrong. But then that's kind of the point.

Again and again, I would always try to save the world.
Yeah I go back and forth on Joel's decision but that's also easy for me to say, I don't have a kid so I have no idea what it must feel like to lose a child and for Joel it would be like losing two children. I can't imagine so I can't really blame Joel for his decision.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Thank gods that's over with. The furnace inspector was a really sweet old guy, but it will be so much easier to focus on my work, now. And lunch. Man, I'm starved. O_O

+Okay, so we didn't take a day off--but at least we're all caught up, now. I just hope I'm ready for tomorrow...:unsure:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'm going to try and live stream a lot more and was wondering if anyone has any tips and/or advice they are willing to give. So, far I'm doing okay, but I want to get better. ^^

Also, I'm going to try and start that FF 13 let's play and hopefully soon. That has been on my mind of late and I think it's time to stat it. It shouldn't be too difficult to do since FF 13 is pretty much a linear game until you get to Grand Plus.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I ain't telling you to stop training. Just that you should start doing it for your own good instead of some kind of obsessive competition with that other guy. Cause frankly, you ain't gonna beat him.

Guy's got way longer legs than yours. You're as short as me. No matter how hard you work, as long as he does the same, you won't run faster than him. He's just got a natural physical advantage over you, you can't just make up for that by "training harder". Gotta be careful with this, man. Don't underestimate overtraining. Put your heart at peace.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Batman versus Predator... always thought it was one of those crappy crossovers just done to cash in. But I'm looking at the art...

maxresdefault.jpg

and ****. It's pretty rad.

998eb9ab1e0912e40ba1ad875eb7675d.jpg

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm going to try and live stream a lot more and was wondering if anyone has any tips and/or advice they are willing to give. So, far I'm doing okay, but I want to get better. ^^

All I can really think of is to just have fun with it. If you make a mistake, brush it off or treat it like a joke (anyone remember my "falling off the ledge in DmC" tally we had going for a while? what was it at? the high thirties? forties?), don't try and blame it on the game. If you can, get a little practice in before the stream, but not so much that it makes you bored of it. That's really all I can think of. ^^

Thinking:
Hopefully I'll find some good materials today.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Keep the audience engaged and with stuff to talk about. Talk to them. Treat it as a game session with friends, as if your audience was right there with you.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The amount of attention to detail and love put into anime opening credits really is amazing.

Especially my favourite series, One Punch Man.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Treat it as a game session with friends, as if your audience was right there with you.

Oh, gosh, this! I knew I was forgetting something, but this is definitely important. Especially since it keeps things from feeling too awkward.

Thinking:
Went to the thrift stores today and picked up a lot of little things I need. Mainly buttons and scrap fabric. Found some really beautiful fur, though. the coat and scarf are falling apart, so...I think I could rip the seams out and just use the fur itself in something....

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Batman versus Predator... always thought it was one of those crappy crossovers just done to cash in. But I'm looking at the art...

maxresdefault.jpg

and ****. It's pretty rad.

998eb9ab1e0912e40ba1ad875eb7675d.jpg
the book itself isn't all too bad either...too bad i can't say the same for the sequels...

Top Bottom