• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
What possessed me to write a sort of encyclopedia on the flora and fauna of Mythos? Oh, right--important details for later. Can't say I mind this type of research much, either; nothing like coming up with names for plants and saving a crap ton of pictures for reference purposes. Anything to keep me in the game even if this week is a total bust for working on FotS.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
just played threw Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time for the first time

and it holds up really well

the only thing that i could say bugged me about the game is the fact that every enemy in the game (save for birds bats and bugs) can only be killed by knocking them down and absorbing there sands or using moves that costs sands
(they did fix this in future games)

so i'm constantly absorbing sands over and over for 4 hours
and i would say this is a down side to the game

but this all leads to near the end of the game you get a weapon that just lets you 1 shot everything
just BAM! DEAD! BAM! DEAD! BAM! DEAD!
no more absorbing you just plow threw every enemy and it's so freaking satisfying

kind of makes me glad i was forced to absorb all that those sands cus it really payed off in the end for me

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
just played threw Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time for the first time

and it holds up really well

the only thing that i could say bugged me about the game is the fact that every enemy in the game (save for birds bats and bugs) can only be killed by knocking them down and absorbing there sands or using a move that costs sands
(they did fix this in future games)

so i'm constantly absorbing sands over and over for 4 hours
and i would say this is a down side to the game

but this all leads to near the end of the game you get a weapon that just lets you 1 shot everything
just BAM! DEAD! BAM! DEAD! BAM! DEAD!
no more absorbing you just plow threw every enemy and it's so freaking satisfying

kind of makes me glad i was forced to absorb all that those sands cus it really payed off in the end for me
Love The Sands of Time. One of my favorites.

Shame what Ubisoft has become. They use to be a great company pushing out great games like Sands of Time, now they're just as bad, if not worst than EA. A company I use to love becoming one of my most hated. :unsure:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
the really sad part about political satire is that most of the time those jokes turn into truth. when i read dark knight returns for the first time a few years back, i didn't get that the news vignettes were supposed to be funny. because i grew up in a reality where on the news the reporters would talk about how a terrorist bombed an orphanage, then cut to the next story about the latest pop star scandal. while treating the previous matter as if it were trivial. because in that book, popular culture, and media, and trends, were viewed as more important than the true dire issues. but i grew up in the age of the "corporate run america" that many musical artists and comic books and tv shows and movies warned us about. and it didn't REALLY hit me until today when i was watching robocop and saw so many similarities (though the world of robocop may be slightly more heightened than ours) with what was going on in that movie, and what's going on currently. and what's even scarier is that there's a book called "prez" that's satirizes absurdities in our culture...but are real enough for me to believe could happen in my lifetime. and i guess the really scary part is, the stuff in that book, while played up for comedy, is really scary. and i honestly feel like if i ever have kids, they're gonna grow up in a society that mirrors that exactly. and if they ever read prez, or watch robocop, they're not gonna understand that a lot of the rich material in them is being played up for laughs, because they'll be living in that reality. much like myself when i read dark knight returns and watched robocop. and that really horrifies me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
the only thing that i could say bugged me about the game is the fact that every enemy in the game (save for birds bats and bugs) can only be killed by knocking them down and absorbing there sands or using moves that costs sands

Well, yes and no. There is also a move that lets you absorb the enemy without knocking him down, just jump on him, hit him with the sword and then press Dagger. Although doesn't work on all enemies, that's why I said yes and no.

If you have the PS2 controller as a reference, the combo is X, Square, Triangle.

But yeah, Warrior Within improved combat A LOT.

Viper

Premium
It is a rather inconvenient thing that to shorten typing people have turned both moderators and modifications into mods.
And then your first thought is to wonder what have moderators done that users ask for them being banned from new avatar item contests.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I should get the rest of what I have to do done today, so I can kick back tomorrow; gotta save up my reserves of energy and patience for the weekend, after all...

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So Devilman's protagonist(Akira) meets a scientist who just found the entrance to hell, acquires demon powers and plans to enter demon world in order to kill ALL the demons and free humanity once and for all.
Wait, wasn't this Vergil's plan too?!

Viper

Premium
While it is not literally the same to the last word, what little we know of Vergil's plan makes them seem very much similar. Arkham is the scientist, he can open the gate to Hell, Vergil wants more power and tries to get it through demonic way of fighting, and his ultimate goal is conquering demon world, most likely killing quite a number of them in the process and putting the rest under his boot, all so that the boy who tried to protect his family is never taken lightly by them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
While it is not literally the same to the last word, what little we know of Vergil's plan makes them seem very much similar. Arkham is the scientist, he can open the gate to Hell, Vergil wants more power and tries to get it through demonic way of fighting, and his ultimate goal is conquering demon world, most likely killing quite a number of them in the process and putting the rest under his boot, all so that the boy who tried to protect his family is never taken lightly by them.

The game doesn't say anything about him wanting to kill demons. It definitely wasn't his goal, his goal was to acquire Sparda's power in order to be like him and emulate him.

Also, freeing humanity. Yeah I wouldn't put my hand on a fire about it.

The part with the scientist, that I can see.

I dunno, doesn't look THAT much the same. Kinda twisted.

Viper

Premium
The game doesn't say anything about him wanting to kill demons. It definitely wasn't his goal, his goal was to acquire Sparda's power in order to be like him and emulate him.

Also, freeing humanity. Yeah I wouldn't put my hand on a fire about it.

The part with the scientist, that I can see.

I dunno, doesn't look THAT much the same. Kinda twisted.
Umm, if he wanted Sparda's power to emulate him, then he is going to use it to kill large number of demons and help humanity either as ultimate goal or lucky side-effect.
Sparda was savior of humanity, his power is either there for killing and/or saving, you can't say Vergil wants to emulate him to prove that he doesn't want to save humanity.

Top Bottom