• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Umm, if he wanted Sparda's power to emulate him, then he is going to use it to kill large number of demons and help humanity either as ultimate goal or lucky side-effect.
Sparda was savior of humanity, his power is either there for killing and/or saving, you can't say Vergil wants to emulate him to prove that he doesn't want to save humanity.

No, I mean emulate him in the sense of being the kind of being (yeah excuse the repetition) he was. As in, an incredibly powerful pure demon. Emulate Sparda in what he WAS, not what he DID, that's what I meant. Guess I couldn't get that across properly.

Viper

Premium
No, I mean emulate him in the sense of being the kind of being (yeah excuse the repetition) he was. As in, an incredibly powerful pure demon. Emulate Sparda in what he WAS, not what he DID, that's what I meant. Guess I couldn't get that across properly.
Still, for what purpose? In what way will he get it across to others that he is like Sparda?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Still, for what purpose? In what way will he get it across to others that he is like Sparda?

Does he even want to get it across to others in the first place though. Does he even want to show that off at all costs?

He wants that for himself only. He clearly isn't satisfied with being a halfbreed as he gets upset when he's reminded that. He wants to fix it. That, combined with the admiration for his father, is what drives him. You know what I mean?
So, it's not a given he'd want to go out and show off how powerful he is.

It's sometimes like that in real life too. Sometimes we don't want to achieve something to slap it in people's faces, we want it because we need it. To prove something to ourselves, to pursue an urgent need to become something we dream of being (rings a bell?), or maybe just to pursue self-satisfaction.

Viper

Premium
Does he even want to get it across to others in the first place though. Does he even want to show that off at all costs?

He wants that for himself only. He clearly isn't satisfied with being a halfbreed as he gets upset when he's reminded that. He wants to fix it. That, combined with the admiration for his father, is what drives him. You know what I mean?
So, it's not a given he'd want to go out and show off how powerful he is.

It's sometimes like that in real life too. Sometimes we don't want to achieve something to slap it in people's faces, we want it because we need it. To prove something to ourselves, to pursue an urgent need to become something we dream of being (rings a bell?), or maybe just to pursue self-satisfaction.
He will still have to go around killing demons, cause with Sparda's power they will be coming even more after him, and he is aware of that.
Yes, he wants to prove to himself that he is better than what others consider him, but a person that is motivated to prove the condescending attitude of others wrong will not stop at self-satisfaction, sooner or later he would want to slap it in demon's faces.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He will still have to go around killing demons, cause with Sparda's power they will be coming even more after him, and he is aware of that.
Yes, he wants to prove to himself that he is better than what others consider him, but a person that is motivated to prove the condescending attitude of others wrong will not stop at self-satisfaction, sooner or later he would want to slap it in demon's faces.

That's all okay and plausible, but doesn't mean that was his motivation or his goal. A side effect, as you said earlier, yeah.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A guy has been assaulted in the university campus today. A friend of mine was also stopped by some dude a few days ago and asked for some cigarettes, before the guy asked for money and threatened him to shoot him. Never got to know if it was a bluff or not since the asaaulter got away seeing there were people around witnessing.

I wonder if it was the same dude.

Sh!t makes you think, man.

La Femme Fatale

Her Royal Nonsense
This might be a really dumb question, but how does the comment section on Youtube work? Just noticed that two posts, one of which was made by me, disappeared..

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
A guy has been assaulted in the university campus today. A friend of mine was also stopped by some dude a few days ago and asked for some cigarettes, before the guy asked for money and threatened him to shoot him. Never got to know if it was a bluff or not since the asaaulter got away seeing there were people around witnessing.

I wonder if it was the same dude.

Sh!t makes you think, man.

I hope the guy who got assaulted is alright, and that they catch the guy who did it.

CT: Only a couple more chores to do, and then I can just chill--or write. Still lots to do in regard to minor character info, worlds, and whatnot.

@La Femme Fatale If these were freshly posted comments, it might just be that they haven't shown up yet; some people make it so that comments on their videos are pending for approval, so that's my guess. Either that, or the comments were deleted.

Edit: Oh, yeah. And what Foxtrot said, too. ^^;

La Femme Fatale

Her Royal Nonsense
@La Femme Fatale If these were freshly posted comments, it might just be that they haven't shown up yet; some people make it so that comments on their videos are pending for approval, so that's my guess. Either that, or the comments were deleted.
I'm not sure if the comments are pending approval, they were made about two hours ago and have already received likes - not to mention someone has commented since and that comment is still up. Can the OP (not the video owner, but someone who started a comment) delete any comments posted in his/her thread? When it comes to Youtube I feel like such a grannie, heh.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm not sure if the comments are pending approval, they were made about two hours ago and have already received likes - not to mention someone has commented since and that comment is still up. Can the OP (not the video owner, but someone who started a comment) delete any comments posted in his/her thread? When it comes to Youtube I feel like such a grannie, heh.

If the comments already received likes, definitely not pending, then. ^^; You know, I'm not sure. O_O It's possible the OP deleted it, but I don't recall youtube having that function before (believe you me, there have been many times I wished I could delete the comments of a complete d-bag on one of my posts). If it can be done, it's news to me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd spend money for that.

Excellent. Now just PM me your card details, and we're one step closer to making it a reality. On a similar note, don't you just hate it when some asshole tries to scam you into handing out your information. They'll say something like "You had an accident which means you're due compensation", or "You've won a holiday!". Okay, I won something, awesome...remind me again why I'd need to give you my card details if I won? I haven't got to pay for anything, just give me what I won. They must think we're stupid, but we're not, oh no...

...I won't make the same mistake again.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm attracted to Nicki Minaj

(she was the only thing I paid attention to in the meek mill song and the new barbershop trailer)

Viper

Premium
I've deleted my facebook account, don't really use it for anything except things I can live without, but the final straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that, after noticing something strange about my news feed, I noticed my activity log shows that 2 days ago there was a friends request sent from it to some dude I've never heard of.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
that kid in Grade school: "My uncle works at Nintendo, I have Pokemon purple version. but i can't bring it to school"

ME:

Top Bottom