• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Bearing in mind it's age, of course, it is horribly dated. The camera angles are sloppy and leave your enemies out of the frame quite often which, for me, is a no no.

Capcom seem to have this love of making you fight the same bosses/enemies more than once (they do this with resident evil too) and the whole part where Dante has to re-fight everyone again? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

The scripting is dreadful, Dante's one-liners wouldn't be out of date in an early 90's high school TV sitcom and there are parts where you have to essentially button mash-sorry, do "combos"-in order to get to bit you want (those statues with rings of candles/flames on them that you need to get a certain rank on). If you can't mash, you're stuck.

And I don't like Lady's hair.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The boss gauntlet was actually one of the parts I enjoyed the most, it was an adrenaline rush for me. And for other people as well. Actually, some people are even mad at Capcom for not having implemented a mode in DMC4 SE where you get to fight all bosses in a row!

Camera angles, I agree (Mission 2, man!).

Dante's one liners, I found them pretty funny actually, especially when combined with his body expression (dude, I don't care, when he taunts Cerberus mimicking Bruce Lee, that's just awesome). But yeah there are some cringeworthy ones, but there are in every Devil May Cry game, except maybe 2, where he barely says anything (though that line "King? Yeah, here's your crown" is awesome).

Also, the Combat Adjudicators don't really need button mashing. In fact if you mash attack button you won't advance your rank at all. You don't even need to do crazy combos if that's what you mean, you have to diversify your moves. Easier to do with all moves unlocked obviously.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Dude I dunno how it works on your head but not every discussion about DMC is a flame war you know. If you get your points across in a nice way.
giphy.gif

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The PC edition sure is. Worst port I've ever seen.

Man don't even mention that. I'm still so upset at how Capcom/Ubisoft could screw up so bad. I didn't play PC RE4 but many people say it's even worse than that? You played it?

Always wanted to visit a Shaolin temple.

I'm thinking I'm posting a lot in this thread.

Anyway, I wanna get back on watching Smallville. I stopped at Doomsday (season 8).
What do you guys think, are season 9 and 10 good?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrrandomlulz

I'm thinking I'm posting a lot in this thread.

Anyway, I wanna get back on watching Smallville. I stopped at Doomsday (season 8).
What do you guys think, are season 9 and 10 good?
I know they absolutely butcher Deathstrokes character in season 10.
I haven't watched much of the show, but Deathstroke's character got butchered more in his small appearance on Smallville than in the entirety of the Teen Titans cartoon

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I know they absolutely butcher Deathstrokes character in season 10.
I haven't watched much of the show, but Deathstroke's character got butchered more in his small appearance on Smallville than in the entirety of the Teen Titans cartoon

Uh-oh. That's bad sign. Deathstroke is one of my favs.

How did Teen Titans cartoon butcher him btw?

mrrandomlulz

Uh-oh. That's bad sign. Deathstroke is one of my favs.

How did Teen Titans cartoon butcher him btw?
It removed his mercenary status instead making him the leader of this weird crime syndicate. Only refered to by Slade, also,
Near the end of the show he is revealed to be quite fluent in the mystic arts for some reason
In Smallville
he's some patriotic war veteran who is after the heroes thinking it for the good of America. In season 10, he ends up under some weird Kryptonian mind control

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It removed his mercenary status instead making him the leader of this weird crime syndicate. Only refered to by Slade, also,
Near the end of the show he is revealed to be quite fluent in the mystic arts for some reason

Huh. Well, I can understand the mercenary thing, but calling him just Slade doesn't seem that much of an issue at all.

Top Bottom