• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Viper

Premium
I wanted to drink banana milkshake, but tried heating it up to spare my throat that started to get sore. Something came up and what was supposed to be slightly heating up of milk+bananas+honey became me jumping to take the boiling milk off heat before it goes all over the stove. After working it up with blender and letting it sit for about a minute or two, it became the best pudding I ever had (letting it cool off completely might improve the taste, I was in a rush).

Next time I'm trying with some chocolate. :D

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The teachers staff room is not as cool as I thought it was when I was little. :tongue:

When I was a child, I thought it was some super secret place with vending machines and other fun things in for teachers to do. Turns out, now that I'm on my way to being a teacher, it's just a room with chairs, dining table, sofas, kitchen and cubby holes. Not exciting at all. :rolleyes:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
FFN, why can't you just tell people I updated my fic? Seriously, do we have to go through this with every single chaptered fic of mine? Last time the support people never even sent out the alerts when I told them about it, too.... *grumbles*

...it's too early in the morning for this.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So, I've finally got around to watching some anime again. I just finished one called Hourou Musuko. It's about a boy and girl who are transexual. Nitori Shuichi always felt like he should have been born a girl. Takatsuki Yoshino wishes she would have been born a boy. As you might guess, it deals with these two characters feeling strangled by societal norms on gender issues.

One thing to recognize about this show, is how it handles this subject matter tastefully and realistically. That's very welcome especially in a medium like anime which is sometimes infamous for blatantly using offensive stereotypes. I found myself invested in these characters as they are all very realistic and believable.

The story is also well paced and the drama doesn't just drag on. Nothing feels redundant as every situation, whether it's dramatic or slice of life type moments, is used to further characterize. Even if the situations do sometimes rest on the backdrops of familiar anime tropes, it still feels fresh because there's a twist to them along with the realistic approach to everything. I started this show yesterday, and found myself finishing it this morning. All 11 episodes. It stays consistently interesting throughout.

The animation has this very minimalist watercolor like palette. It makes the art really distinct and almost looks like a watercolor painting. Although, I was occasionally bothered by how bright it can get in this regard. Luckily, you get used to it and the extremity of some scenes and how they light up tend to not bother you as it also becomes less frequent.

The music which uses a lot of piano and strings really sets the mood and goes perfect with the art style. A very relaxing soundtrack. I enjoy the ending song done by singer/songwriter Rie Fu. Who you may know as the artist behind one of the ending themes for Bleach, "Life is a Boat". Yea, I have been listening to "For You" a bit lately lol.

Overall, I really recommend this show as it is one to educate as well as entertain. I think I'm going to see if I can buy this anime somewhere because I wouldn't mind revisiting it sometime.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
FFN, why can't you just tell people I updated my fic? Seriously, do we have to go through this with every single chaptered fic of mine? Last time the support people never even sent out the alerts when I told them about it, too.... *grumbles*

...it's too early in the morning for this.

Funny enough, I got two alerts for the same chapter--after I'd already read it. FFN must be working out bugs....again. ^^;

CT: Okay, you lot! *Looks pointedly at Gwen, Forneus, and Phenex* We will have a more productive writing day than we did, yesterday! If we do at least 700 words, we can take tomorrow off--unless we tackle the quota early enough in the day; then we'll just take the rest of today off.

Fair?

*Crickets chirp*

Okay, let's get started! :thumbsup:

(I'm not really insane, I promise)

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Funny enough, I got two alerts for the same chapter--after I'd already read it. FFN must be working out bugs....again. ^^;

CT: Okay, you lot! *Looks pointedly at Gwen, Forneus, and Phenex* We will have a more productive writing day than we did, yesterday! If we do at least 700 words, we can take tomorrow off--unless we tackle the quota early enough in the day; then we'll just take the rest of today off.

Fair?

*Crickets chirp*

Okay, let's get started! :thumbsup:

(I'm not really insane, I promise)

Yeah, I got a few emails myself. :/ I hope they're fixing bugs. I've had this happen at least once with every. single. fic. of mine that goes over 20k words. >_< I'm just...grr. *shrugs* Hopefully they won't throw more emails out at everyone.
=D Good luck with your writing! *should probably do some of that herself before nap time*

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
well already skipped a day of college by accident. They never told us what day we are going back. But to be honest I hate that college. The other one is worse and there is nothing for me at art college.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Rebel Dynasty Amp it up! "Don't stop till you get enough, come on!" :laugh:

@Chancey289 I'm of the opinion that just because we have Freedom of speech doesn't mean we should use it.
(Plus your making a movie about killing another human in a comical fashion.)

So far I've read theExcaliber arc of the SAO books and yeah the Anime recreated it line for line. No filler! :eek:
Well maybe two minutes of filler but still! We've come a long way since the Dragon Ball/Z days of filler.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Rebel Dynasty

@Chancey289 I'm of the opinion that just because we have Freedom of speech doesn't mean we should use it.
(Plus your making a movie about killing another human in a comical fashion.)
That human, is Kim Jong Un. A person I can't bring myself to have any sympathies for. I can't say I do care about him or what happens to him. He's a despicable tyrant. A person who's regime makes propaganda films doing the exact same thing he's complaining about when it comes to The Interview.

Team America:World Police turns his father in to a cockroach. That movie took the p!ss outta his father extremely and this silly crap didn't happen. The situation seriously is like an episode of South Park too.

It's just a silly stoner comedy. Kim needs to learn to take a damn joke and get over himself. Hell, everyone sees it that way. Like I said, even China says they were overreacting. Their biggest ally.

If hackers and North Korea run the film industry now, then I request no more Michael Bay movies and Sony selling the rights to Spider-Man back to Marvel. I mean, since we just have to go through Kim Jong Un when it comes to films right? Right? No. Like I said, f#ck Kim and his hissy fit. He's not going to do anything about it. We shouldn't be scared of that big fat baby barely holding on to what daddy left him.

I like to think Michael in GTA V's midlife crisis is just the realization that he never got to do any Karate before he forgot it. I privately suspect that about anyone's midlife crisis to be totally honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom