• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It looks like my email's working again. ^^ Woot. Took 'em long enough.

+ I feel like mum and my roles are totally reversed, atm. She's flirting with a friend online and he's flirting back and I'm just looking at him like "Who the hell are you?! :cautious:"
Bonus points if you read that last bit in Poison's voice. Minus points if you're now picturing me that way--guys, there's a pic of me somewhere on this forum, don't confuse me with pukey pseudo-succubi, okay?

++ I can has naptime? One where my dreams don't troll me, please?

Viper

Premium
Haha no. I'm full of crap. I just depressingly ate sh!tty microwave pizzas before crying myself to sleep. My typical Tuesday.
Oh.
You know, a boring old pizza can always be made slightly better with adding something new to toppings, like prosciutto, corn from the can, bacon cut into small pieces, mozzarella and tomato slices for the authentic Italian flare (don't forget basil leaves), egg in the middle, some folks even like to put bell peppers... Also, try to bake it in the regular oven, microwave never did good things to pastry.

Meg

That human, is Kim Jong Un. A person I can't bring myself to have any sympathies for. I can't say I do care about him or what happens to him. He's a despicable tyrant. A person who's regime makes propaganda films doing the exact same thing he's complaining about when it comes to The Interview.

Team America:World Police turns his father in to a cockroach. That movie took the p!ss outta his father extremely and this silly crap didn't happen. The situation seriously is like an episode of South Park too.

It's just a silly stoner comedy. Kim needs to learn to take a damn joke and get over himself. Hell, everyone sees it that way. Like I said, even China says they were overreacting. Their biggest ally.

If hackers and North Korea run the film industry now, then I request no more Michael Bay movies and Sony selling the rights to Spider-Man back to Marvel. I mean, since we just have to go through Kim Jong Un when it comes to films right? Right? No. Like I said, f#ck Kim and his hissy fit. He's not going to do anything about it. We shouldn't be scared of that big fat baby barely holding on to what daddy left him.
Not to mention the number of movies, comics, etc. about killing Hitler. :cautious:

I really don't see what all the fuss over The Interview is about.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
That moment when you like a song full of swearing then you listen to the censored version and it just sounds too casual for a god damn rap song! >_<

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
the two most hilarious things about depression is that people will always tell you it gets better and that you should try to stay positive and happy...little do they know they're only making it worse. and second, even though talking about it might be the best way to help, you never want to talk about it until things reach a tolerable level.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
In the not so distant future...
"What are you thinking?" Thread status: locked
*drenches computer, monitor, phone, tablet, table, kitchen completely in kerosene and sets it all ablaze, buries myself in backyard next to mr. Snuggles and neighbor Fred, cries myself to sleep*

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
*deletes big thoughtful post*

*hugs*

Thinking:
So...I've decided I strongly disagree with the whole Death of the Author concept. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but the author's reasoning plays a huge part in the final product of the novel itself. If you completely discard everything about the author and their intent, you lose a piece of the author's world. As an author myself, it feels...disrespectful; "there's something I'm trying to get across and yet everyone else is so wrapped up in their head-canon, they don't even notice--glad to see they care", that sort of thing. It really is bothersome to try and talk to a bunch of people when only one percent of them are listening, after all. On the other hand, I don't think anything should ever just be interpreted one way; the essence of a story, I think, lies somewhere between allegory and applicability. The author holds the canon, but there's room for theories from others to help shape and support it. (Gods know the last thing I want is my writing to stifle a reader and not let them think; the problem comes when people miss the point entirely and turn one prose into something totally different and not what it ever had any reason to be.) Maybe it comes down to a mutual respect? The readers respecting the writer as the "god" of the world they created (cue Kira laughter and music) and the writer respecting that the readers can, in fact, think and encouraging that while holding firm on their beliefs about their writing?

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
People like to call Shinji Mikami the master of survival horror, but honestly he really just isn't that good at the horror part. Subtlety is a term that just absolutely escapes him.

I really wanted to love this game, but The Evil Within is so disappointingly bland and uninspired the only part that sticks out is the design of one monster in the game (Reborn Laura). It's basically RE 4 ,but without the unintentional/intentional B-Movie camp that went hand in hand with over the top violence that made that game work. The protagonist couldn't get any more generic (being voiced by Anson Mount is cool though), actually you can say the same for every character. The plot tries to do quite a bit of things ,but all feels pointless in the end.

Generic and shallow are the defining terms for this whole game. It's a quilt patchwork of all these different concepts and imagery that never finds enough focus to make it all work to their full potential. Instead, everything stays at the shallow end of the pool. I tried to give it another go ,and well, I can say it's the worst horror game of 2014. I'll go happily get my hands on a copy of Alien:Isolation and Outlast/Outlast:Whistleblower instead. Maybe even some freeware horror online to cleanse my pallet.

Top Bottom