• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nobody can even fathom the various thoughts and feelings that are raging war within my soul as I type! I am the very example of confused right now.

Lately I've been super emotional, getting attached to the wrong person(s), and forgetting all those "typical but true life advice you know but will never admit."

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Brain? We need to talk. Why is it that when we draw with traditional mediums, we're minorly talented, but, when we draw digitally, all the previous knowledge we've learned goes straight out the window?

Brain: "*shrugs*"

:banghead:
That is so true. I try and try to do digital drawing and it's terrible compared to what I do with pencils and paint. I wonder why this happens?
Problem of digital drawing that you usually lack pencil/brush feel when you drawing digitally. Your thumbs and fingers get used to usage of pencils and brushes and allow you to create softer/harder lines depending on your drawing style. Thats why professional digital artist never paint with smaller wacoms/pads. They always using stuff like CINTIQ. IT allows you to recreate feel of drawing on paper. That aside, truth is many digital artist suggest to draw sketches on paper first and transfer to drawing programs later.

S

Sparda hellsing

GT isn't canon (don't remember why, probably for silly reasons - I mean, it takes place after DBZ, so I don't see the problem). But it would be Super Saiyan God. I mean, come on, when you get to all-powerful being, you know you're not gonna get any better.
That said, Super Saiyan 4 is far more interesting to look at, and Vegeta SSJ4 is pretty damn awesome (except for his pants, I guess).
I didn't know GT wasn't canon

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Problem of digital drawing that you usually lack pencil/brush feel when you drawing digitally. Your thumbs and fingers get used to usage of pencils and brushes and allow you to create softer/harder lines depending on your drawing style. Thats why professional digital artist never paint with smaller wacoms/pads. They always using stuff like CINTIQ. IT allows you to recreate feel of drawing on paper. That aside, truth is many digital artist suggest to draw sketches on paper first and transfer to drawing programs later.

I think that's probably it. I have a really cheep Bamboo tablet (tt's about the size of a regular laptop's keyboard) and, even though I'm starting to get a tiny bit more comfortable with it, I still feel a really large disconnect between myself and the tablet. But I guess that's what practice is for. :S It would just be easier if all the tablets responded like pencils/paint brushes do. :S

---

Thinking:
Oh my gods, we have pictures again! =D Yay! *cheers in Steve's honor*

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think that's probably it. I have a really cheep Bamboo tablet (tt's about the size of a regular laptop's keyboard) and, even though I'm starting to get a tiny bit more comfortable with it, I still feel a really large disconnect between myself and the tablet. But I guess that's what practice is for. :S It would just be easier if all the tablets responded like pencils/paint brushes do. :S
I have pretty much same problem :( But it's either you gonna work hard and try to get accustomed with it, or maybe try to invest into better one so you can have easier time with it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I have pretty much same problem :( But it's either you gonna work hard and try to get accustomed with it, or maybe try to invest into better one so you can have easier time with it.

=( Yep. And, since I really can't afford a better tablet, I just need to find a way to make this one work. ^^ On the plus side, I find watching digital artists streaming their work really helpful. Now if only my brain would remember these tips when I start practicing. >_< *wishes you luck with your art*

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
=( Yep. And, since I really can't afford a better tablet, I just need to find a way to make this one work. ^^ On the plus side, I find watching digital artists streaming their work really helpful. Now if only my brain would remember these tips when I start practicing. >_< *wishes you luck with your art*
Hey, good luck and maybe pick digital drawing boooks, they are very useful since you can do step by step to learn it.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
school paper: ok. remember that strip submitted last week?
me: yeah.
school paper: everybody loved it. nothing but positive reviews
me: awwww yea--
school paper: we're gonna need more.
me: sure. how many do yo--
school paper: daily.
me: o_O

Top Bottom