• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

KRSkull

CT: This just occurred to me while i was eating waffles

When i make either pancake or waffle i use this

DSC00517.JPG_s__27209_zoom.jpg

And i always follow the instructions which is found in the back of the box. Well logically they should taste the same, and yet waffle always taste sweeter.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
lol, it's not really his birthday. Whenever he sees a lit candle or cake, he'll start singing happy birthday to himself. He associates those things to the song :3 The sparklers set him off big time lol

And yes I did get it, thank youuuuuuuu. I think I'll take a tip from you and use a colour besides red from now on. Makes it look calmer and less fierce, I think. I've revised the chappie so after doing some edits according to your feedback, can I send it back to you for a quick one-over?

+ FRIDAY. POST IT ON FRIDAY. PLEASE POST IT ON FRIDAY. *fangirl squee*

Oh! Awwwwwww. X3 That's adorable.

=D Yaaaaaay! ^^ You're welcome. I agree that not using red makes it look...I dunno, less threatening? Red ink makes me think it's gonna maul me.... (Funny thing is, I only started doing it because one person I betad for wanted every single thing I thought needed to be changed to be in a different colour. So, for instance, stuff that needed to be deleted was red, edits were blue, my notes were green, my additions were purple, etc. I almost ran out of colours to use. ._. Lucky she couldn't take criticism well and decided she didn't need a beta reader anymore. :thumbsup: *didn't complain when she was dropped**nearly threw a party* But I still kept the red and blue thing.... :cautious:) Sure thing. ^^ Send it whenever you'd like. =3 *excited*

*salutes* Aye, aye, captain. I shall post it on Friday. *will scrape together what's left of her nerves before then, too* :dead:

Viper

Premium
CT: This just occurred to me while i was eating waffles

When i make either pancake or waffle i use this

DSC00517.JPG_s__27209_zoom.jpg

And i always follow the instructions which is found in the back of the box. Well logically they should taste the same, and yet waffle always taste sweeter.
Do you use oiled pan for pancakes and oil-free waffle iron for waffles? Cause there is a chance it's that oil which interferes with sweet taste in pancakes.

KRSkull

Do you use oiled pan for pancakes and oil-free waffle iron for waffles? Cause there is a chance it's that oil which interferes with sweet taste in pancakes.

I use the waffle iron for both waffles and pancakes. I have one of those waffle irons that have removable plates.

Viper

Premium
I use the waffle iron for both waffles and pancakes. I have one of those waffle irons that have removable plates.
In that case I am completely baffled. o_O
Maybe it's on psychological basis? Your subconsciousness expects waffle to taste sweeter. Or maybe it's that shape with indentations?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I fear this is a rather unpopular opinion, but of all good people in history, why did they choose a textbook example of a terrorist to represent a movement for human rights?

I think it's to show that sometimes good people have to do very bad things to help defend the rights of those who are unable to stand up for themselves due to...whatever circumstance they're in.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Let's not give ourselves eyestrain today, okay? :dead:

I wish I could buy for more people this year, but it seems every time the holidays approach, money's a bit tighter. :frown: Maybe next year I'll be able to give out more gifts than to just the few I'm buying for this year.

Viper

Premium
I think it's to show that sometimes good people have to do very bad things to help defend the rights of those who are unable to stand up for themselves due to...whatever circumstance they're in.
How do you know he was a good person? What makes one a good person? Is there a general definition or does it all depend which side are you on? Does greater good justify potential killing of people who just happened to be on the wrong place at the wrong time? Is it greater good if he was most likely just opening doors to hell? After all, can you defend human rights in chaos?
Also, from what I read... was he really defending human rights, or was he just a pawn in political games? The Gunpowder plot was about killing current king and replacing him with his daughter, thus making Catholics be on top again.

I'm sorry about all these questions, it's just I never see anyone ask them. I don't think today's generations even care who Guy Fawkes really was or what he did, all they see is opportunity to play a rebel while wearing a cool mask. Kinda like Che Guevara on those red shirts.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Torn of what to watch tomorrow. Big Hero 6 or Interstellar. I don't have enough cash nor stamina for watching two films in the big screen on a single day.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Okay. I've beaten Destiny very short story mode and it has not been a week....wow. And all there is is co op and pvp. I don't like pvp but if I want better gear I'll have to. Plus I might just start writing some short stories or something. Tummy is not feeling to well. Ugh. -.- I need to eat healthy. T-T

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
How do you know he was a good person? What makes one a good person? Is there a general definition or does it all depend which side are you on? Does greater good justify potential killing of people who just happened to be on the wrong place at the wrong time? Is it greater good if he was most likely just opening doors to hell? After all, can you defend human rights in chaos?
Interesting questions and not ones that can be easily answered. All of those questons are very subjective. A good person would also be a bad person depending on who was asked.
What makes a good person is also up for debate as people have different ideas of what makes a person good.

As for whether he was opening the gates to hell, who's to say what would have happened if the plan had gone as it was supposed to. Human society is always in a cycle of change, destruction and rebuilding. Regardless of that, people carry on, they survive. That's how it is.

Also, from what I read... was he really defending human rights, or was he just a pawn in political games? The Gunpowder plot was about killing current king and replacing him with his daughter, thus making Catholics be on top again.
History books are never a reliable source. As it has been shown, the winners can rewrite or change history to suit them. The only way to know for sure is to read books from all sides of the argument to form opinions on what happened.

True, he did want to take out the king, but for him and his fellow Catholics, it seemed the right thing to do. It's a complicated religious and political background that leads to the gunpowder plot. England had been Catholic until Henry VIII invented Protestantism. When that happened, Catholics were forced to convert or face death. So, they thought that putting a Catholic in charge would help them get fairer treatment. However, that might also have resulted in the unfair treatment of Protestant followers. Either way, one side was going to be treated badly by the other regardless of what happened.

I'm sorry about all these questions, it's just I never see anyone ask them. I don't think today's generations even care who Guy Fawkes really was or what he did, all they see is opportunity to play a rebel while wearing a cool mask. Kinda like Che Guevara on those red shirts.
I don't think people are as ignorant as the media likes to show, but I think there is a disconnect between the history of the events and the modern idea of it.
For bonfire night, we burn a model of Guy Fawkes on a bonfire and set off fireworks to celebrate him failing the plot. . And that very celebration probably started as a piece of propoganda to turn people against Fawkes and deter them from trying to do another gunpowder plot. But these days, this is just done for fun and there is nothign serious meant by it.

Then there's V for Vendetta which turns Guy Fawkes into an heroic figure representing stanting up to the unfair estabishment. It's Fawkes trting to blow up Parliament that modern people latch on to, it's that he stands for an idea of fighting against a bigger power.

Viper

Premium
Had to take qualification tests for the job I applied. Did pretty good on questions about Constitution and on the assignment of editing text in Word, was so-so in working in Excel, but I totally blew the questions pertaining the law that covers their field of work. I told mom I solved everything cause I was ashamed and scared of her becoming frustrated and bitchy, though she still is a bit. *sigh*

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

*hides behind shield*not good with people throwing lots of questions another when she wasn't disagreeing with them beforehand* Um...you asked why people would pick him as a figure and I was answering based on what I've seen people say about him online and based on why I figured they would want to choose him. Me personally? I don't know a thing about Guy Fawkes. I don't recall him ever being mentioned in a single history class I've been in, so I can't answer anything based on him. In reality, all those other questions have to do with morality, so you're going to get a different answer every time. There isn't one definitive answer to them all. No matter what you do, no matter how "good" you think you or your cause is, there is always someone out there, even if it's just one person, who is going to think you're a nutjob or an *sshole. It's just the way the world works. If we all came to a consensus, the world would probably explode.
Sometimes the ends do justify the means. Growing up in a hostile home environment and genuinely feeling like my life was at risk multiple times, I've come to think that if you feel your life is threatened, then it is your duty to stand up to that threat, if you can, until the threat backs down ; whatever it costs. (I mean, don't be stupid about it, but still....) Some one who had a better childhood than myself might look at me and go "woman, you're crazy; why would you have to ever do something like that?" It all depends on what environment crafted you and what kind of way you've had to live.
You know what they say about the road to hell and good intentions, right?
I think it can be done, but it depends on the person trying to do it. When you stop and think about it, the human race is always in a state of chaos. Look at how the world is at the moment. There are some people out there who are trying to help, but their voices get drowned out by the wave of media trying to show only the bad ones. If no one tries to stand for human rights in chaos, then no one would ever stand for human rights. Eventually I think you have to decide what's more important to you: your morality or going along with what the world tells you you should feel.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I bought a box of chocolates today. I waited until dad walked out the room (just now), opened them and shared them with my mum :devil: mwhahahahahahaha... :laugh:
I've just found out she's left some for dad (which kind of defeated the purpose... I wanted to be ebil :frown:)

All of my Doctor who books have arrived :D. Now, I have to sort out with mum which books are for now and, which ones are for Christmas.

Top Bottom