• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why is it now, when kiddo is heading back to school in the morning, that I think of all the housework I'll be able to do without tripping over her? Then again...lots of writing too, me thinks.

Hmm...did absolutely nothing of importance all day. That never happens. O_O Ah, what the hell--it is/was labour day, after all...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
What is this world coming to? An author needing to write fanfiction of their own original series just to ensure the series ends as was planned from the start? It's just..... AN AUTHOR WRITING THEIR OWN FANFICTION.
So. So. So. SO. Very very wrong.

Wait...what? There's an author writing fanfiction of their own work?

I...I...okay, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same (you know, cross some of those fanservice lines, lol! I kid...mostly) but I'm so very confused by why they would feel compelled to do so. Which author is this? Did they want to do an alternate ending, but just couldn't publish it, for some reason? o_O

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
What is this world coming to? An author needing to write fanfiction of their own original series just to ensure the series ends as was planned from the start? It's just..... AN AUTHOR WRITING THEIR OWN FANFICTION.
So. So. So. SO. Very very wrong.

Do you mean LJ Smith? *totally plans on writing fanfiction for her own stuff if she ever gets published*

Thinking:
I need chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wait...what? There's an author writing fanfiction of their own work?

I...I...okay, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same (you know, cross some of those fanservice lines, lol! I kid...mostly) but I'm so very confused by why they would feel compelled to do so. Which author is this? Did they want to do an alternate ending, but just couldn't publish it, for some reason? o_O
Yep, apparently that's what L.J. Smith is doing since she's lost the right to write the rest of the Vampire Diaries series. She's doing a fanfic series of it and selling it on Amazon's kindle. I can understand it as she's in a tricky situation that allows/forces her to go that route (and honestly I'm not bothered to read any of it, after the last book in the VD quartet, I just....nope, no thanks, I'm done) but it's just.... such an alien concept, isn't it?

Although I have wondered time and time again whether some of the fanfictions I've read were the actual author come to play out some other ideas that just didn't work out in the published version. I recon I'd be one of those. :facepalm:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yep, apparently that's what L.J. Smith is doing since she's lost the right to write the rest of the Vampire Diaries series. She's doing a fanfic series of it and selling it on Amazon's kindle. I can understand it as she's in a tricky situation that allows/forces her to go that route (and honestly I'm not bothered to read any of it, after the last book in the VD quartet, I just....nope, no thanks, I'm done) but it's just.... such an alien concept, isn't it?

Although I have wondered time and time again whether some of the fanfictions I've read were the actual author come to play out some other ideas that just didn't work out in the published version. I recon I'd be one of those. :facepalm:

That's crazy! How'd she lose the rights to her own novel series? D: I really hope that doesn't happen with TFG--you guys mentioned another trilogy might be in the works for that one, too?

Yeah, knowing the reasons now, it makes perfect sense that she'd wind up doing it. That's pretty disheartening though, that she got screwed over, like that. :(

@Shadow Haha! Well, I do have some "For my eyes, only" stuff related to my story, that definitely won't be finding itself anywhere near the finished product...so I suppose I probably would do the same...though maybe anonymously. :laugh:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's crazy! How'd she lose the rights to her own novel series? D: I really hope that doesn't happen with TFG--you guys mentioned another trilogy might be in the works for that one, too?

....well she mentioned that she wanted to do an adult sequel for TFG but... I dunno. Wanting to and actually doing it make an infinite difference :( I don't think we'll see it, and if we do, it'll probably be when she's really old and retired and wants to earn an extra buck. TFG has a tiny fandom compared to VD *kicks and throws and stomps on VD series* I mean Damon is funny and hawt, but he's tame and weak compared to Julian. Amirite?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
....well she mentioned that she wanted to do an adult sequel for TFG but... I dunno. Wanting to and actually doing it make an infinite difference :( I don't think we'll see it, and if we do, it'll probably be when she's really old and retired and wants to earn an extra buck. TFG has a tiny fandom compared to VD *kicks and throws and stomps on VD series* I mean Damon is funny and hawt, but he's tame and weak compared to Julian. Amirite?

Very true--and if she ever does manage to do it, it might not be up to the standards she had with the first three books. Yeah, I'm actually a bit surprised that I didn't hear of it until you and Shadow--TFG is frigging amazing! Julian is probably one of the first antagonists in a very long time that's gotten to me so completely; not in the, "Oh my god, I'm terrified!" way, but in the, "Man, he brings to mind all the things I feel creeping at the back of my own mind" way. He was dynamic beyond belief, too; I could hate him one minute, and sympathize with him, the next. I think he represents all those push-and-pull emotions we experience. Lol, I can't think of how else to explain it. ^^;

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

Yeah, knowing the reasons now, it makes perfect sense that she'd wind up doing it. That's pretty disheartening though, that she got screwed over, like that. :(

@Shadow Haha! Well, I do have some "For my eyes, only" stuff related to my story, that definitely won't be finding itself anywhere near the finished product...so I suppose I probably would do the same...though maybe anonymously. :laugh:

I believe she only had a contract to do a certain amount of novels for TVD and the rights were transferred to her publishers or something weird like that. Tbh, it doesn't make much sense to me.

LOL I do, too. :p *wonders what people would think of them but also knows no one needs to see them in the final product* >_>

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
After finishing small drawing project I was worried how print will turn out. Luckily it turned out very good, so time to thank print shop for a good work.

Top Bottom