• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Kid's Menu

May I take your order?
It simply never stops to amaze me how much food people can order at the last minute... Please people, don't go into a restaurant at five till closing and ask, "Oh! Would it upset you if I asked you to cook me something?" Cause' then I have to say, "Not at all, sir! Please, order whatever you'd like." When in reality, I'm dead inside.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
****ing **** **** dammit dickers.
(Prepare for this post to be edited by a long ass rant about my first day of work on my birthday)
Okay so the night before, I had no sleep.
So I went to work on nothing but a snickers bar and 17 hours of no sleep.
I get there with my brother in law at 6am, meet my boss, Jim who's really nice.
After about 3+ hours of paperwork, and telling me what to do and ****, I finally get sent to my destination outside (where in the morning, it feels like heaven)
I got my hardhat on, and glasses, but don't need it unless I'm inside where everyone is building, so I take it off.
Jim introduces me to my coworkers in sandblasting, one was Santiago who I went to school with, which felt awesome seeing him again, and another guy Anthony (who disappeared a lot)
They showed me what to do, I pretty much climb inside this one way in and out confined space, a huge water type tank (I'll explain the horrors soon of it)
with a huge firefighter type hose that shoots out magnetic dust at very high pressure.
They show me how the generator works, how the hopper works (Never, ever be around the hopper when someone is sandblasting inside, I'll say why soon)
So as the day goes on, Santiago sandblasts inside of the huge tank, and I climb in when he's done to shovel out the magnetic ****. Which surprisingly was heavy as hell, and it gets so dusty in there not even my respirator helped.
Oh and keep in mind, I have Asthma.
so I shovel it all out, which takes hours at a time, and Santiago says to me "If they pay you, less than 9.50$ and hour for this, it isn't worth it."
then we shovel all the magnetic dust I shovelled out, into the hopper again to reuse it.
Okay so while he sandblasts in there, I pretty much get to relax a bit outside.
But next to the hopper, whenever he stops, it shoots out all the magnetic ****, at high speeds, and really ****ing hot, and my body gets bombarded with it all, and now I got a **** ton of bruises, and scars from it all over my body since it burned like a mother ****er.
Not to mention when it does shoot out, it's really loud to the point where I go deaf a bit.
So it's my turn to sandblast, not bad.
I put on the astronaught helmet, which pumped in cool oxygen and felt like heaven, climb inside the tank, (yes literally lift up my body and climb inside), and start sandblasting, but the damn thing kept purging because of the moisture, so it bucked like a damn bull.
As noon came around, and I shovelled, inside that damn tank is ****ing inhumane, especially since it's dusty and there's pipes everywhere.
It's like being inside a toaster, at 120 degrees inside and a bit higher.
I was about to be knocked unconsious here and there because of the ****ing heat.
So it repeats like that, each time getting worse than the rest to the point where my muscles were freezing on me.
Santiago and Anthony didn't mind sandblasting while I shovelled.
There's a few plus sides though.
1. Anthony moves the tanks infront of the camera so we can mess around
2. Bosses only see us twice a day
3. can do whatever we want and get paid for it when we're done.

So at the end of the day, my brother in law tells me the bosses want to see me.
I get in there, blacker than Terry Crews, and they tell me "So you can't sandblast?"
Me: I can, but the helmet weighs a ton, and Santiago doesn't mind doing it while I do everything else.
"Well we need a sandblaster."
YET Santiago is a sandblaster, and there's only enough room for one in each tank.
"Plus, you have asthma...so we gotta let you go."
So they fired me, for having asthma, for doing something useful that they don't do, on my first day, and on my birthday.
I told my brother in law, and he got the most ****ed off look on his face, and he apologized to me so many times because of that.
Luckily I got orange chicken later that day.

Until today, my brother in law went to find out the real reason, and they changed their reasoning from "Asthma" to "Weak and slow" so I can avoid sueing them, for discrimination.
Oh and I got my check, I was being paid 7$ an hour, not ****ing worth it.
EDIT: I know this isn't the ranting thread, but it's still what I'm thinking.

Last edited:

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I'm going to be completely honest.
Robin Williams was and still is my favorite actor, who made my childhood better.
I really hope he's playing Zelda in peace now, but I'll be happy for all the times and great memories he made, will always be there in videos, pictures, forever immortalized.
And this is my favorite movie he ever was in.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: Love playing I.C.O. <3 it's a very nice game. Also going to write today. -.- can't use the interwebs but I can still do that. Okay Meryl Nightingale it's your turn to be up. Going to put you in a fanfic with Dante!

Dante: ( ̄ω ̄)
Meryl:(;¬_¬)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm behind on my self imposed work, time to play catch up. :grumpy:
I'm behind on some requests too. :bored:
Why can't I find a song to satisfy me?! :mad:
I want a Wii U! Maybe, I don't know! :cautious:
Warriors Orochi 3 Super duper Wii U Version game! (Wrong name) :hungover:
Stupid co-workers saying stuff and weighting my mind down! :banghead:
Wreck It Ralph is awesome! And its soundtrack is Boss! :cool:
I hate you so much that I like you! :eek:
God I need help. :frown:
I need sleep... o_O
I want chips! :rolleyes:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: playing metal gear solid 4 and I'm loving it. Didn't think I would be good since it has been while since I've mgs game befor. Might try getting the mgs raising storm one too. Might be fun.

Top Bottom