• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hope. It's the memoir written by Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus about their time spent living with Ariel Castro (the man who abducted them, for those who don't already know the story).

It's just...wow. Suffice it to say that man--if he can be called that--got off way too effing easy, considering the B.S. he put them and Michelle Knight through. One half of me is like, "Why did my MIL lend this to me?" and the other is, "This is so ****ing wrong and terrible and I hate that man, but I want to continue, because they were brave enough to publish their story".

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
iMnzVc3m.jpg

"No Longer Human" by Osamu Dazai.
Hmm, an interesting tale. Ōba Yōzō is one of the most fascinating characters I've seen in fiction. I hope I don't turn out like him.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I just finished Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Five: The Last Olympian. I think it was either Monday or Tuesday when I started it.

Now I'm moving on to some samples via kindle to see if they're up my alley:

-Sabriel by Garth Nix
-Echoes by Laura Tisdall
-Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
-Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
-Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
-The Hunger Games

^ The latter is because after years of mixed reviews, I need to see for myself whether it's as good or bad as people make it out to be. (For the record, I find the movies decent. So we'll see).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Re-reading Beyond the Starline by Austin Hackney. One, because now that I have the book physically, I want to break it in, and two, because I promised to write a review for it on Amazon. Considering how much I read, I needed a refresher before doing that. ^^

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Mort is fantastic - thoroughly recommend the Moist Von Lipwig stories in the Discworld as well as Reaper Man and Eric.

Hell, just read them all. Every single book he wrote. Man was a literary genius.
definitely agree. Im working though chronology of his books atm. Already read Hogfather and Morris before and now Colour of Magic, Light Fantastic and Equal Rites

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Tried to get into Oliver Twist, but only got about 90 some-odd pages in. Just not feeling it right now (or maybe ever; the writing's not my favourite--such a pity too, because I really wanted to like it). Moved onto Artful by Peter David. Much as I like his Fable works, Artful doesn't feel like it's in the same league; maybe because it's Oliver Twist inspired, and involves him trying to capture Dickens' voice.

Still, it's not awful, either. I'm almost done, so after I finish it, I'm moving onto Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I was reading "Legend of the Phantom Thief Lupin" when someone pointed out to me that the chapter cover featuring Herlock Sholmès (the lawyer friendly version of Sherlock Holmes) seems to have been based on the cover for Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes movie.

It's a really cool detail. :thumbsup:
CrgfOLKUsAEiI2j.jpg

Top Bottom