• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. Not the first time, but it's been...longer than I'm comfortable admitting, and I'm not entirely sure I finished it back then. ^^; (Seriously, Anne: more frequent scene breaks would be nice, considering there aren't any official chapters...)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Re-reading Vicious by V.E. Schwab (Edit: Holy crap; I picked it up literally a year since the first--and last--time), and catching up on the latest chapter of Viral by @Shadow. :wink:

(I'll definitely have to re-read I Hate Everything About you soon, @Dante's Stalker. I can't wait to see what changes have occurred!)

Edit Jan 6th: And now onto Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Because it's been on my shelf for 4-5 years, and I should probably figure out if I like it enough to get the sequels.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just read Gintama volume 1. Man, it's been years since I last read this series. But I thought I'd start collecting it and re-reading it once again. And damn this series is as funny as ever. :happy:

Y'know, both Gintoki and Dante have a lot in common, I think they'd get on well.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Donovan Tribute by Nora Roberts.
I remember why I don't read romance now.
It's so.... unrealistic. Okay so she's a witch with actual abilities which might be a bit exaggerated for fictional purposes. But stating that this guy is wealthy and that women use his kid to get to him? Look, under most other circumstances I'd get it, but he writes fairy tales for a living.
Madonna has done that and I doubt even she's raked in millions with her children's book. Writers don't get rich from writing. They get by, they get a little extra on the side, they do okay. They do not win the bloomin lotto. I'm sorry I just can't continue reading this blasphemous sappy fantasy.
tumblr_mktjhsh5XM1ru1wbho3_500.gif

Y'know, both Gintoki and Dante have a lot in common, I think they'd get on well.
I know, right?!?!? Someone should do a crossover fanfic for this. I <3 Gintoki so hard it's almost hilarious.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Dante's Stalker Ugh...I feel you, there. If romance happens to be in a story, I'm okay with it. But most of the "romance" out there is just the same, regurgitated smut. There are exceptions, mind you, but very few and far in-between when it comes to stuff I legitimately enjoyed. Sadly, someone lent me four of Nora Roberts' books because I mentioned I'd never read her, before...and looking at their summaries, I'm in for much the same reaction as you, me thinks. And yeah...the writers who wind up with that kind of wealth are few and far between. O_O

Currently reading: The Aureate Spectacles by Eliott McKay (via kindle; I think someone sent me a free voucher for it, but I no longer remember how it got on my app. Also, because it was published through Inkitt, I'm not expecting much as far as editorial work goes--because they suck at it.)

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So, I basically ditched The Aureate Spectacles 30% of the way in. Not that the writing was bad (poor editing aside), but because it felt like it was literally going nowhere. It probably is a good story, once it gets going. I'm just not feeling overly patient.

So, I've moved onto:

As expected, I'm blowing through it already.

Edit, Jan 17th: Now I'm reading...

I expect this won't take me long, either.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Been checking out the UK versions of the first two Darkside books and I'm really amused by some of the differences. I'm ashamed how long I took to realize that PC meant police constable.

Now reading Whispers of Nowhere by our very own @Rebel Dynasty. I have my notebook out. Let the note-taking commence. =D
Also reading over some of my fics to check for errors and making a list.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow Just pretend I'm apologizing every time you find something awkward. xD

Currently re-reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, since it's sequel

is on its way from Amazon. It might take me the week to finish both of them, but we'll see.

(I really can't wait until the third book is released in February!) :nailbiting:

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Joker-Game-Book-Cover-001-20150807-211x300.jpg

"Joker Game" by Koji Yanagi. It's a bunch of short stories about Japanese spies during World War 2. Unlike a lot of spy dramas, it's very gritty and down to earth, no James Bond gadgets here. Most of the short stories only have bittersweet endings at best, while some like "Coffin" are downright depressing. It was made into an anime last year, which is the only way to see the series in English unfortunately as the novels don't look like they'll be translated. Definitely worth a watch, whether it be subbed or dubbed.

Top Bottom