• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Assassin's creed unity.

I'm inching my way towards the end lol. LA Touche's stage is tougher than I thought it would be.

• Love
Reactions: Meg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Is that a shame, though? I think a lot of ppl expect new life to be breathed into the franchise, since S-E has mostly neglected it.
That all depends on if anything is done with them, and what said route was taken i guess.

But without the original teams, those potential sequels or reboots could be years away.

Meg

Mass Effect remaster. The developers did a great job updating the game. Still dated, but much more playable than the original release. One of my favorite improvements so far is the design of Feros. It was originally so bright and boring looking. Darkening the halls improved the atmosphere. The idea that geth are lurking around every corner is sinister. Way better than running through bright, eye sore nonsense.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Since I got my XBOX ONE X, I've been playing old 360 games. Asura's Wrath, Killer Is Dead, and Guardian Heroes. I've been playing RE2Remake and Rare Replay on the system too.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Linux Mint. Fooling around with another version of linux before I make my opinion of linux and go back to windows. Honestly Cinnamon does a lot better than Ubuntu. Less flexible in navigation some ways but its faster and more efficient. For example by using live boot(no install) I can still use Wine and it works great. I was impressed. Tried SH3 and it ran so smooth. Anyways Ubuntu wont let you do that unless you install it first and it doesn't run so well either. Anyways...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I decided to get Quantum Break. Got my copy from a Disc Replay and used some store credit on a movie I brought back that did not work. I am in the middle of Act 2. The game is fine, and Remedy did awesome with graphics and sound production, but the scope is limited. The time powers are cool and fun to use, but it's another cover shooter that is only barely better than most of the riff raff cover shooters. It's a game about time manipulation. This is a 3rd person shooter that should not be a cover shooter! QB itself feels like a discount Vanquish. This game is a somewhat Max Payne style shooter! Where's my dual wielding? We can't have that; not grounded and realistic enough?! Go full nuts with it!

Another thing, who's dumb idea was it to not give Jack a dedicated cover button?! He automatically goes in to cover with certain vertical or horizontal surfaces. It's a non-standard feature they did put in, only to be different from the rest. I don't like it, and wish they went with the standard press B to go in to cover. Something else I noticed is I think they upped the difficulty for Normal mode. I know when the game first launched, QB was criticized as being too easy, even on Hard mode. You can die fast in this game on Normal if you're not careful, so I think patched the game at some point to make the difficulty harder.

I won't harp on this too much, but I am still disappointed by the game failed potential. I am having fun, but this is a 7th generation game, with a 8th generation coat of paint. All of these years of delays, and this the best Remedy could come up with? Microsoft stuck their dicks in too much! I refuse to even bother with the weird TV, live action segments between each chapter. They're not filmed great, they suck, and have badly filmed action that tries to be Jason Bourne. Waste of time; skip them. Thank you Remedy, for allowing people to skip them. Though if you're on PC, you are screwed. You have stream this dumb TV ****. I'll play more later, but I am stopping for tonight. I got the game cheap and only had pay $5 for it through store credit. So I got my money's worth. No way I would have paid $60 for this back in 2016.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Sniper elite 5 most recently
I played a session of that game and really liked it. Unfortunately, I decided to set it aside in favor of other games. Game Pass is really killing my backlog time w/ all these new games being added...

And on that note, I, ONCE AGAIN, did some re-org'ing of my backlog approach and formula. So, as of now, I am playing:

- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Norco
- Oxenfree

I think my new rule for game rotation is the game must either be 1. new to 2022 or 2. a Capcom game. I've already dedicated 2022 to playing my Capcom backlog (how I was lucky enough to find these forums!), but kept straying away playing other older games in my backlog.

Oxenfree is the exception, simply b/c it is relatively short and the urgency to play it is high since Oxenfree 2 is coming out soon.

Of course, this formula does not apply to online competitive games, in which I'm not really PLAYING playing any, but KoF15, HotS, and the Horus Heresy card game are all getting brief sessions here and there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Quantum Break is now finished. The final boss is weak and has a one hit kill. All it really is fight some goons, then wait for him to explode with red energy and avoid it. Shoot him a couple times, then do it one more time, with some stronger goons, and then you're done. Like I said before, the game is not bad, but it could have been so much more. When a sequel ever happens, I like them to remove the cover shooter elements and just be a straight-up regular third person shooter. Have it work similar to Control where you get more movement and verticality. I'm glad to finally get a chance to play and beat the game though. Now Remedy, when is Alan Wake II coming out?

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I finished the main campaign for Alan Wake Remastered. The difficulty and scares spiked but some of the faulty platforming was a pain.

Now the two DLCs are left.

@BrawlMan

Tentatively 2023 ;).

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finished the main campaign for Alan Wake Remastered. The difficulty and scares spiked but some of the faulty platforming was a pain.

Now the two DLCs are left.

@BrawlMan

Tentatively 2023 ;).
It's weird how I didn't get a notification of you mentioning my name. I thank you, but I've been to about that trailer already. Still a big thank you.

Now that I finished Quantum Break, I've been going through the Rare Replay collection.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's weird how I didn't get a notification of you mentioning my name. I think you, but I've been to about that trailer already. Still a big thank you.
I imagine it's because V's Patron edited in the mention of your name afterwards. It's janky when you do that sorta thing and the person being mentioned doesn't get a notification.

Top Bottom