• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well Steve Rogers Was a Hydra Agent All Along

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@Foxtrot94
Which kinda goes into this, anyone can be CAPTAIN AMERICA, anyone can be a terminator.
But i totally agree with you on comics are soap operas, have you seen how many Marvel characters have kids or clones lol.
Have you seen The Hulk's son, Skaar.
Or the emotional battle between The Hulk vs Skaar.

What would be hilarious is if later on it was all a ruse by STEVE ROGERS trying to infiltrate hydra.
lol It could be like "Hail Hydra.......Not really" lol.
I'm aware of Skaar (Hulk's son) and Daken (Wolverine's son), as well as X-23 (Wolverine's Female Clone/Sister/Daughter...Seriously, he introduced her to the other students as his sister, but a couple of years ago, he told her he wanted to adopt her as his daughter)

EDIT: Oh and Batman technically has 4 sons and a daughter.
(Dick, Jason, Tim, Cassandra, and Damian)
And Superman has an adopted son named Chris, then theres Superboy, a human/kryptonian hybrid cloned from Superman and Lex Luthor (So technically, he has 2 dads)

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94
No i don't agree with you on that either.
STEVE ROGERS could be a triple agent.
2. I've long gotten over him being CAPTAIN AMERICA as others already been CAPTAIN AMERICA.

I'm sorry then. But I still think this twist is utter bullshit, stupid beyond belief and done for shock value rather than because it's an actually smart twist.

At this point I'm waiting for them to officially turn Peter Parker into, I dunno, a sadistic and uber violent vigilante for good, cause who cares, there've been other Spidermans in the past, makes total sense. Except, it doesn't.

I'm curious to see how this "Captain America is eeeviiiiiil" thing will develop, they seriously need to have something REALLY smart in store, also to explain the inconsistencies this is gonna bring up. @AgentRedgrave I think you mentioned one? The fact that he lifted Thor's hammer, while he shouldn't have been worthy, being a an agent of a neo Nazi organization?

Reactions: Meg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm sorry then. But I still think this twist is utter bullshit, stupid beyond belief and done for shock value rather than because it's an actually smart twist.

At this point I'm waiting for them to officially turn Peter Parker into, I dunno, a sadistic and uber violent vigilante for good, cause who cares, there've been other Spidermans in the past, makes total sense. Except, it doesn't.

I'm curious to see how this "Captain America is eeeviiiiiil" thing will develop, they seriously need to have something REALLY smart in store, also to explain the inconsistencies this is gonna bring up. @AgentRedgrave I think you mentioned one? The fact that he lifted Thor's hammer, while he shouldn't have been worthy, being a an agent of a neo Nazi organization?
Yes exactly, it happened in the comics, I first heard about it in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Thor stated that besides himself, Beta Ray Bill (Not sure if that's right), Storm (From the X-Men) and Captain America have held it.
If he was secretly a villain, then it doesn't make any sense

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
@AgentRedgrave I think you mentioned one? The fact that he lifted Thor's hammer, while he shouldn't have been worthy, being a an agent of a neo Nazi organization?
That only proves the lingering theory that Asgardians are also Nazis. Think about it; all the main Asgardians have blonde hair, with the exception of one Asian dude who signifies Germany's alliance with Japan. And then there's Loki, who's despised by everyone just because he doesn't have a pure Aryan...I mean, Asgardian bloodline. All the clues are there.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That only proves the lingering theory that Asgardians are also Nazis. Think about it; all the main Asgardians have blonde hair, with the exception of one Asian dude who signifies Germany's alliance with Japan. And then there's Loki, who's despised by everyone just because he doesn't have a pure Aryan...I mean, Asgardian bloodline. All the clues are there.
So then Storm's a Nazi?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Then at this point Captain America should have a shield with a swastika on it. I don't know, seriously, I'm not buying that he's "evil". He's a hero, just look at what he's done. I also don't see how this was done to generate more interest in his character. I mean surely that's what the movies are there for too, right? You know, to get people interested in those characters and such. Yeah they've got to think of different storylines and such, and this one happens to be quite controversial. However, I doubt that he's evil and all for the bad guys. There's probably other reasons why he's been working for Hydra, and those reasons probably aren't related to him doing so because he's a bad guy himself. That would simply be dumb.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
@LordOfDarkness, more importantly, I don't think his involvement with HYDRA has bern hinted before. Hell, I'd be perfectly okay with Cap being a Nazi if there was atleast some build-up to it.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Then at this point Captain America should have a shield with a swastika on it. I don't know, seriously, I'm not buying that he's "evil". He's a hero, just look at what he's done. I also don't see how this was done to generate more interest in his character. I mean surely that's what the movies are there for too, right? You know, to get people interested in those characters and such. Yeah they've got to think of different storylines and such, and this one happens to be quite controversial. However, I doubt that he's evil and all for the bad guys. There's probably other reasons why he's been working for Hydra, and those reasons probably aren't related to him doing so because he's a bad guy himself. That would simply be dumb.
Yes, exactly, Cap and Iron Man were pretty obscure to superhero fans, who didn't follow the comics. The MCU, has made them household names

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://georgiastatesignal.com/captain-america-trades-shield-swastika/

Despite the fans dislike of the new storyline, Marvel has no plans to change it anytime soon.

Spencer ominously warns fans, “This is something that is gonna have a profound effect on the Marvel universe. I’ve seen a lot of people say things like, ‘Oh, it’ll be wrapped up in the arc,’ or ‘Give it six months.’ And I can tell you, that’s not the case.”

Whatever lies ahead for Steve Rogers and Captain America, the Marvel comics universe will never be the same.

-----

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I reject it. Like the article says--it goes against everything that Cap is, what motivates him, what makes him such an iconic character.

As far as I'm concerned, if it goes against the creator's intentions, then it's not canon. Nothing will convince me otherwise to ever view Cap as the villain. Don't get me wrong; I like a good fallen hero like anyone else. I like relatable antagonists I can sympathize with, and protagonists that make me angry at times--but Cap is supposed to be the golden boy. His type of hero is rare nowadays. For them to make this choice is just...cruel and baffling.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ugh.

What a silly twist. That'd be like Alfred been the real genius/detective mastermind behind Batman, or that stupid concept for that movie about how Shakespeare didn't write his plays. I don't hate American comics but stuff like this is why I tend to lean towards the Japanese circuit more, because the characters aren't tossed to every writer who wants to turn each character into whatever they want them to be rather than what they actually are meant to be. These twists and turns and interpretations and shifts in character focus/powerlevels/personalities/ages all sound like fanfiction level interpretations to me.

Maxman

eeeeeeh

I dont think i will buy that statement ever again

>duurrr Peter wont be coming back ever again as Spidey after Ock takes over his body

Fool me once, shame on you

Try to Fool me twice , the jokes on you

Pretty sure they gonna change it up some time

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://screenrant.com/captain-america-hydra-stan-lee-response/

“It’s a hell of a clever idea; I don’t know that I would ever have thought of it for him to be a double agent, but it’s going to make you curious, it’s going to make you want to read the books, they’ll probably do a movie based on it, so I can’t fault it; it’s a good idea. I think it’s crazy, but it’s a good idea.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom